News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

EVIL 2v2 2fort Tournament

Started by Gimpy, August 31, 2019, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop

Yes, D2F is more noob friendly but Drippy broke TFC to do it.  The anti-bhop plugin not only prevents decent movement but also prevents proper strafe jumps and hand held concs.  When you remove key skills from a game, good players who took the time to develop those skills will go elsewhere.

You could remove rocket jumps and add auto aim; that would make it more noob friendly too, but what's the point of playing when it takes no skill? At EVIL there is a plug-in to help people learn to bhop; that way they can more quickly develop the skills they need to compete instead of dumbing the game down for everyone.

schuffler

Bishop
I get that, but a lot of EVIL players are at Drippy's now when BZ is empty. So they must like it also. These are the guys that use all the skills on BZ. But when it's empty and no one is there and Drippy's is full how do we get them back to EVIL? It just gives people another choice to play an EVIL server.

Like I said it's the retail mind in me when they shopped the other store how did we get them to shop ours. Give them what they got at the other store but more.
Tappin out

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Pizzahut brought up a good point regarding map rotation. Server seems to be occupied when a map that favors players is in play. For some reason map votes are won on crappy maps example >>> Killbox, etc, causing the server to quickly die. I mean, The vote is won, but peep still leave. I don't get it.

Bishop

Run off voting helps...with the current system maps often win that don't have majority vote.  We have a plugin that offers that but can't easily make 2fort an option for every vote. That can be fixed but takes a little effort to mod the code.

Bishop

To bring back runoff voting I modded the Galileo map plugin so that 2fort will be on every vote (unless its the current map or enough other nominations fill the vote slots).  Please let me know if the voting plugin is not working as expected.

pizzahut

Activated and configured Galileo. It should fill the vote with the maps in the cycle, but allow all maps to be nominated, and there should be an end-of-map vote. Run-off voting is enabled.

Bishop

Ah yes...I only changed it on BZ.  Thanks Pizza!

pizzahut

Yeah seems I misunderstood that - but run-off voting for Vanilla was wanted anyway.

(Bishop sent me the 2fort version of Galileo, so it should always be in the vote.)

Guts

BZ needs bhop. Also maybe drippys is full during "peak" hours but early mornings BZ is king. Drippys is usually dead and BZ has a decent amount of people. Especially if the map stays constant for longer periods of time.

Honestly I don't think BZ is doing anything wrong. There are more skilled people who play on BZ than in drippys. The bhop does enhance the skill and tends to make people who can't handle it rage quit. But that is the identity of BZ and people who like it still play there.

Drippys allows 26 people on 2fort and the class limits are wildly out of control when it comes to demo and engy. This caters to the less skilled and they can stand a better chance. I guess playing the 3rd, 4th, and 5th demo and engy on 2fort is fun. Who knew?

Angi

Exactly! BZ is BZ! Ppl who join / play there should know what they are joining on :)
D2F : I play there too^^ and yes  to avoid the rage / spacebar bashin bhoppers :P No secret there  ;) :D :laugh:
Thats why the vanilla is a "home made" option for those who dont like D2F and the craziness of BZ !

P.S: Yes the class amounts ( MIRV / ngi ) there is also crazy^^ BUT , it is what it is ^^ And when we join there, we also know what awaits us ;)
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

Angi

Quote from: Bishop on October 19, 2019, 01:14:30 PM
Yes, D2F is more noob friendly but Drippy broke TFC to do it.  The anti-bhop plugin not only prevents decent movement but also prevents proper strafe jumps and hand held concs.  When you remove key skills from a game, good players who took the time to develop those skills will go elsewhere.
WTF! Didnt know that  :wideeyed2: :no: Is that even allowed ?

You could remove rocket jumps and add auto aim; that would make it more noob friendly too, but what's the point of playing when it takes no skill? At EVIL there is a plug-in to help people learn to bhop; that way they can more quickly develop the skills they need to compete instead of dumbing the game down for everyone.
<<<--- Invest time to teach ;) Yeah i know , i am the worst example...lol ^^
But there were some on the vanilla , where i tried to get them back on the loop of bhoppin^^ And yes, i did my share too, no worries  :P  Bhop Training With Harley <<- ;)

P.S.S :
Is there an option / possibility to put on all talk when its a dm map ?

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

Angi

Back from Business and pullin it onto here :
Who are we ? What are we ? And what do we offer ? What do "they" have what we dont ? What do we want ?
Who are we / What are we : -[EVIL]- A supported SERVER / SERVERS (ty Mas)(and ADMINS ) who keep the love of a game alive.
And what do we offer : SERVERS for everyones`s taste
BZ /Vanilla/ LG / ect.
What do "they" have what we dont ? : Players / community / (which we have , but the peak times differ)
What do we want ? Satisfied/ happy /chilled Players /community :) Make this game intressting for new comers , also to ppl who return! :)
The unpredictable factor to this/these is/are ? Timezones and the community / players
Some things are adjustable, some arent

pizzahut

Quote from: Harley on October 21, 2019, 02:09:41 AM
All-talk is off on Drippy's, on EVIL it's enabled. I guess it makes sense that people can (voice) chat across teams, even though this means that the enemy team can hear what the own team is up to. If you want a super secret surprise attack, there's still text chat.

That aside, extra configs for DM maps are possible, if the names of the DM maps are known. I guess bounce and killbox are popular ones for example.

Angi

Quote from: pizzahut on October 21, 2019, 05:55:54 AM
Quote from: Harley on October 21, 2019, 02:09:41 AM
All-talk is off on Drippy's, on EVIL it's enabled. I guess it makes sense that people can (voice) chat across teams, even though this means that the enemy team can hear what the own team is up to. If you want a super secret surprise attack, there's still text chat.

That aside, extra configs for DM maps are possible, if the names of the DM maps are known. I guess bounce and killbox are popular ones for example.
Sry,for not pointing out that i ment the "vanilla" server , when a DM map is on , my bad  :opps: (I have been asked) .It is way easier , to "bitch" ;) / answer  vurbaly at/to someone , than typing^^

pizzahut

All-talk is part of the 1v1 cfg, so for all 1v1 DM maps.

However, it's also generally enabled for all maps atm.