Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

EVIL 2v2 2fort Tournament

Started by Gimpy, August 31, 2019, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angi

A lil insight about "discussion" i / we had on the "vanilla" server today ^^
:idea:
#1: OHH , This is not BZ?! Is this a "new" server ??? Since when ??Never check my list servers ^^
This just states , what i have been mentioning! We need to publicize the server!
Ppl  join on ppl! As in : OH, familiar nick, joins into the game^^
# 2 : FF : Why FF and what if "n00bs" TK on purpose and no Admin is on !
I think , its on every1`s own  responsibility , to explain "FF" and its consequences.
If there is some1 who doesnt "listen" and no admin is on , there should be a "responsible" votekick /voteban implyed .Checkin on that , as in , vote kick/ban abuse should be easy ?   :thinking:
OR : How about trusted longterm regs/vets , as in Pizzahut , givin them , the action of doing such!?!
( i dont know what an acceptable "TK" is , as in ammounts, to have, before action is takin  )
Just my 2 cents :)
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

pizzahut

1. Public TFC servers with FF on (e.g. Games-Inside) used to run this plugin:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=13476

The version Ancient posted is outdated. A more recent one is in the thread.

Btw this was funny at the time. Ancient sent me the DoD version of the plugin to port it to TFC. I did this but left some DoD references in (e.g. plugin name, cvar names, comment section), and sent it back to him.

Because of the DoD references he thought I didn't do anything, and took the source I sent him back and simply did a text replace dod => tfc and then posted the plugin at AMX MOD X, thinking he had ported it on his own. :s

2. There's another TK plugin for engi buildings (doesn't ban, just announces whether someone has been naughty):

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=13447

It's not perfect, it only detects projectiles I think.

3. TFC has a built-in auto temp ban for team killers, which is currently disabled because it was meant to be a tournament server. The way it works is x team kills in y seconds = temp ban. x and y can be chosen, ban length is always 30m AFAIK. Default is 5 kills in 180s = ban. I think this applies to prematch as well. :/

schuffler

Gimpy

Vote_kick will be abused, and assholes will just rejoin.

People can message an admin, or come here to the forums. If they have proof (like screenshot from console showing all the TKs or a demo), admin can take action.

Of course, if a working plugin was put on that server, all is well.

pizzahut

Though a TK punishment plugin can be abused as well, e.g. sitting on a team mates pipe bombs and choosing to punish. On the other hand, FF off isn't safe from abuse either (blocking or pushing team mates).

Guts

Angi

Ty to , im guessing , Pizza for implying the slay/slap/forgive plugin :)! gj   :yes: :yay!:

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

pizzahut

Admins on EVIL have an immunity flag, which the TK punishment plugin honours, meaning that admins with immunity can't be punished by default. However the plugin has a cvar (setting) to make it ignore admin immunity.

amxx.cfg:
// tk punishment
// tfc_tkrevenge_obeyimmunity
// 1: admins with immunity can't be punished (default)
// 0: admins with immunity *can* be punished
tfc_tkrevenge_obeyimmunity 0

There's a dispute which maps should be in the rotation, as well as whether FF should be on or off.

In the rotation right now:

2fort
2morfort1_1
alchimy_l2
badlands
bases2k1
blugiant
blutopia
chimkey_l
crossover2
destroy_l
dustbowl
hasbeen
monkey_l
openfire_lowgrens
oppose2k1
phantom
raiden3
roasted_l
rock2
schtop
shutdown2
siege
ss_nyx_ectfc
stowaway_l
vidar2
voltage
well
zutalors_b1

Angi

Admins should also get punished !  :rip:  We are no gods ;) as in slapped / slayed ! No kick/ban option ofc :) ! We also have to becareful about our spam and actions :P
Sure, it could also be abused , as in standing on the pipes for the hell of it , to slay an admin ^^ I am aware of that .But that we can easily calm down too, as in : dont stand on purpose on pipes .
p.s :
Make FF a vote option ? as on/ off ?
p.s.s:
missin Hellion and arise in the rotation :)

schuffler

FF.  Off.      Can't punish for accidents and that's what will happen.  If a as what does it on purpose that's another story. But like I said I saw a lot of people leave yesterday because of it. I think we want to get people playing there not pies them off and leave.  Maps need to be more of the common maps played in the rotation. The not so played maps can be nominated if someone wants them. Make it simple and old school and they will come.
Just my 2 cents but make it fun to play not hard. Slow the bhop too.  That's why so many play on drippys and they only have 1 map.   This will get more action if you make more plyers equal.

pizzahut

FF off for now, cycle:

2fort
alchimy_l2
badlands
bases2k1
blutopia
crossover2
destroy_l
dustbowl
monkey_l
openfire_lowgrens
phantom
rock2
schtop
shutdown2
siege
voltage
well

If bhop is slowed down (compared to default), then it's not even vanilla-ish any more. It's basically Drippy with voting, though I guess this might not be a bad thing.

Master

Quote from: pizzahut on October 18, 2019, 12:07:06 PM

If bhop is slowed down (compared to default), then it's not even vanilla-ish any more. It's basically Drippy with voting, though I guess this might not be a bad thing.
This will be the reason I shut down evil, bhop is a staple of this game

schuffler

Pizza.  Nice list. Hope this brings in more players. Should help with getting some new blood.
BZ. And LG both need learning curves, this will make it better for those that just want to play without mods.

Very nice

Angi

Quote from: Master on October 18, 2019, 01:01:34 PM

And this is not what we / i want! Bhop is a mechanism which was implied to the game! So it belongs there^^ Love it / hate it.....but it is what it is :)

schuffler

Quote from: Harley on October 19, 2019, 02:43:17 AM
Quote from: Master on October 18, 2019, 01:01:34 PM

And this is not what we / i want! Bhop is a mechanism which was implied to the game! So it belongs there^^ Love it / hate it.....but it is what it is :)

I'm yes and no too. But not taken out just slowed like drippys. You can still bhop there just not as fast. This again helps the NEW guy learn the game without being run over. Also a lot of people that play on bz play drippys a lot must be a reason. 
He's a 1 map server that is full when bz is empty, just trying to pull those people over to vanilla with map rotations.   Kinda retail mentality find out what the other guy is doing and do it better.