News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Infect and run

Started by Rubyus, October 28, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 05:37:14 PMTelling me that it sounds like I should play only on weekends is a ridiculous thing to say as a member of the clan. If anything, you should be trying to help resolve situations and accept other opinions other than your own to help grow your community and increase the players coming to the servers. I'd like to be a part of EVIL servers a lot when I can, but there are things like the above mentioned issues that are turning not only me off, but a lot of other players.

I'll refrain from doing analogies since they come off as condescending. The thing is, the server is advertised as NeoTF, not vanilla TFC. I made that suggestion because it's the time frame BZ is actually ran without NeoTF. Maybe one day BZ players will be weaned off NeoTF. But I can't see the autobhop ever being removed. It has been apart of BZ for as long as I can remember and it's one reason many players enjoy playing on that server. Just notice how many people ask for it when the server crashes and it's not reloaded.

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 05:37:14 PMYour analysis of the auto-bhop again, is bogus. Pro players are good, plain and simple. But it doesn't matter how good you are, disabling anything like that would decrease their "rekking" ability.

The difference would be miniscule compared to what would change for players with lesser talent. I would very much enjoy seeing the plugin disabled for a few days just to prove that theory.

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 05:37:14 PMIf players are trying to get better and playing a lot, then they'll figure it out. Nothing wrong with putting in the time and effort. Enabling that auto-hop only ruins their progress because when they go to other servers, they're no further ahead.

I agree with you... But maybe, just maybe we don't want players to leave our servers :D

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 05:37:14 PMI think most people like playing TFC for what it is. Not the hybrid freakshow version that neotf brings. That's not to say that there aren't people that like it, even I play still depending on the map, but my two cents is just as valid as yours is and I don't appreciate your condescending attitude just because I have a difference in opinion.

If this were true, then Spillway would be a much more populated server. Spillway, in case you weren't aware, is as vanilla as you can get on EVIL.

schuffler

Make it a vote like on LG with the hook. Many players there want the hook on all the time on all maps like they have auto bhop on BZ. But a few come inrunup the score the vote it off to protect their score.  Having auto bhop and trimp is way faster than the hook. I myself don't play bz often do to that. But it ison all the time not my thing so I find a game else where. I think you might find what a pain in the ass the vote is. Seems like you want auto hop on all the time and say go to a different server I think the hook should be on all the time all maps and the the no hookers go to another server.

Just my 2 cents

Venomous Fangs

This is all very interesting but what's it got to do with infect and run?   :brow:

Contary to what some may believe, infect and run has nothing to do with been (or not been) a "great Player".  :laugh:

It is a lot of fun, especially when opposing players get upset with noobs in spawn, get paranoid looking for the phantom medic and generally make noises like "excuse me, I need medical attention".  :evillaugh:

As for mods to the game, I don't use them, and yes will sometimes get done in by people using them, but what the hell, it is only a game. Real life has enough to get fussed about without adding TFC to the list. ::)

SpamDaddy!

I looked on Google. Concing is of the devil

Trimp is EVIL (wait that's us!) is the trimp "setup" readily available on website"?

Bhopping without autobhop would just require a script and the usual suspects would use it. If you try you can learn it. Im old I HAVE to use my arrow keys in TFC I don't know why. I don't use them in Max Payne 3 or America's ARmy! But I can still bhop with autobhop using them. If anything, in truth, autobhop is unfair to the players like p0izon who have truly mastered bhopping. It'a made a shortcut for players like us to at least try and compete.

If we are turning off autodet and allowing spy scripts (is this script readily available on website?) can we do away with some other pain in the ass aspects of NeoTF like scout being unable to be detected by SGs. Its totally unfair to have super speed be able to trimp 30 feet and disappear with the flag while being totally undetected by SGs. With no footsteps a lot of us normal humans count on the sgs detection noise to let us know someone is near our gun not to mention it COUNTERS the original way in which the game was made to function! =D We cut the MGs down to 1 to help make it fair for all lets make this scout change as well!

Also I'd like to add that for a lot of us who started playing TFC the day it actually came out we remember when you had to ground and pound for a cap. Now its not a grind it's a race. We love the game but things like concing and bhop have sped the game up and taken away the true spirit or at least the way we played it originally. I admit on dub_forever I hate it when I see someone conc from their base to the flag and back and never touch the ground. It kills the whole point of that map! :::rage nerd rage hulk smash::::

Anyway..Game on!

P.s. Medic infect and run is no different than concing and bhop. It was built into the game, its not a mod so it must have been an intended consequence. I may hate it but I have started to use it cuz it does cause confusion and it breaks a team down. Thanks for the lesson Fangs!

p0izon

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on January 20, 2015, 09:22:30 AMTrimp is EVIL (wait that's us!) is the trimp "setup" readily available on website"?

You don't need anything special downloaded for trimp. This video is the best I found that explains it, it's just terrible quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx4Tzin80sU

So you're jumping twice. If your second jump is HIGHER than your previous jump you will be boosted higher.

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on January 20, 2015, 09:22:30 AMIf we are turning off autodet and allowing spy scripts (is this script readily available on website?) can we do away with some other pain in the ass aspects of NeoTF like scout being unable to be detected by SGs. Its totally unfair to have super speed be able to trimp 30 feet and disappear with the flag while being totally undetected by SGs. With no footsteps a lot of us normal humans count on the sgs detection noise to let us know someone is near our gun not to mention it COUNTERS the original way in which the game was made to function! =D We cut the MGs down to 1 to help make it fair for all lets make this scout change as well!

You know what stops a ring of shadow scout dead in its tracks? A demoman with pipes and landmines. NeoTF is decently balanced by default. Certain classes do have the advantage against other classes. But that's why you switch it up. You can't expect to stop everybody with just one class.

Side note: I recently reverted the NeoTF cvars back to their original values (1 multigun being one of those original values). The only change made are:

- 1 extra tripmine
- AquaSpy
- HWGuy Armor Sharing

As for the spy script, here you go. One simple bind.

bind mouse1 "+attack; disguise_enemy 1; disguise_enemy 2; disguise_enemy 3; disguise_enemy 4; disguise_enemy 5; disguise_enemy 6; disguise_enemy 7; disguise_enemy 8; disguise_enemy 9"

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on January 20, 2015, 09:22:30 AMI admit on dub_forever I hate it when I see someone conc from their base to the flag and back and never touch the ground. It kills the whole point of that map! :::rage nerd rage hulk smash::::

I'm not a huge fan of that map, but as a concer I do enjoy being able to cap this way. :D

-[EVIL]- Bonesaw

SpamDaddy nailed a lot on the head and I very much agree.

I don't have an issue with concing because that option is there, always has been and it's part of the game. I don't care about nade jumps, rocket jumps, infecting or anything else like that because that's all there and always will be regardless of who's playing.

Any script, any add-on, these are all advantages. Sure everyone can DL the same scripts and may have access to the same perks in neotf, but that's not what TFC is. So as you say, people choose to be there and lots of people really like it. But it just seems odd to me that anyone who's opposing some of these things gets shut down and then in the same breath, you say you want to keep people on your servers. I'm partly turned off, based on this thread and I'm in the organization... Low on the totem pole or not, I've been pretty loyal for many years.

The more traffic the better but I guess it's hard to sway the "higher-ups" when it comes to anything that differs from their preferences. There shouldn't be any class that a SG can't detect, you shouldn't have to worry about changing classes (maybe to some that you aren't comfortable with) just to be able to kill certain players, you shouldn't have to worry about people capping flags without being seen or touching the ground. As Spam said, it used to be hard to cap a flag, now the scores are insane and with two or three elite players on one team, the game's over before it starts.

For instance... some of the EVIL guys/gals, if they're playing as a spy, they're going to kick my ass 9 times out of 10. So let's give them a spy script... now, I'm absolutely screwed for the next half an hour. Maybe I'll change classes and build a SG... oh wait, that's useless. Maybe I can pipe-det them... nope, they're faster than the bullets... how in the hell can you even compete? Medics are usually only annoying in 2fort. It's a shit map, no fun, but at least people who play it know the drill. Protect your battlements, make your snipe if you want to stay ebola-free. It's a team effort overall but the map isn't built for all these enhancements that people have. If you're going to have all these scripts/add-ons then there should be bigger maps being played or at least something other than 2fort as default.

Anyway... I can rant on and on but we've all gotten a bit sidetracked. I'm not calling a union rep to get changes made here but there's no refuting that an advantage is an advantage and for several players, myself included, sometimes it takes away from the enjoyment of the game. EVIL is a community, members or not, everyone involved with the game. Most of the servers sit empty a lot of the time and I think there should be just as much effort put into plain/old school TFC as there is with the BZ server. Saying that vanilla server isn't always busy, that's because there isn't enough admin presence on it. 6-8 members hit that server on a more regular basis and it would likely fill up as much as BZ does. If tN, Royston, the damn bot killing server, amongst others fills up, then so can EVIL's version, if the effort is put in.

SpamDaddy!

In all honesty trimp is probably the worst offender simply because it allows anyone with the expertise to jump all the way up to the sniper deck when the whole premise of the sniper deck is to be "out of reach" unless you go through the base to get there. As I understood it from Juliet trimp is only really able to be done easily if you go in and set your fps meter thing with a certain command to always be 100 fps or more.

On that spy script p0 you jus type in console:
bind "key" "+script info here" and save you don't have to go into the config?

Last, what is an aquaspy? I don't see info on that anywhere.

klumy

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 20, 2015, 01:29:27 PM
For instance... some of the EVIL guys/gals, if they're playing as a spy, they're going to kick my ass 9 times out of 10. So let's give them a spy script... now, I'm absolutely screwed for the next half an hour. Maybe I'll change classes and build a SG... oh wait, that's useless. Maybe I can pipe-det them... nope, they're faster than the bullets... how in the hell can you even compete? Medics are usually only annoying in 2fort. It's a shit map, no fun, but at least people who play it know the drill. Protect your battlements, make your snipe if you want to stay ebola-free. It's a team effort overall but the map isn't built for all these enhancements that people have. If you're going to have all these scripts/add-ons then there should be bigger maps being played or at least something other than 2fort as default.

The "script" that everyone keeps talking about is literally one bind. And how does a spy that disguises "sometimes" faster absolutely screw you?

Also, disabling neo-tf will only make the mediocre and noob players get wrecked 10x harder.

And spamdaddy needs to stop hating on trimp! It's fun flying around maps :(

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: klumy on January 20, 2015, 03:12:50 PM
And spamdaddy needs to stop hating on trimp! It's fun flying around maps :(

We love klumy! We love klumy!
:::see I love I don't hate!:::
:laugh:

p0izon

You'd preferably want to place that into a config file. Otherwise you'll need to paste it in your console each time you play.

Aqua Spy = Spies can breathe under water. They'll never drown.

Trimping in itself does not require any special command or fps. However doing that sniper deck trimp does, because you'll need more frames in order to hit that second jump fast enough.

Made a quick video testing this out for ya with 50fps & 20fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkwCiS9qygA

Rand

Most people know my opinion of the trimp and autobhop on the BZ server.

But since we are posting things that may have been 'not easily available' to the everyday player.  How about the anti-conc, auto-aim, and walls that seem to be around for some of the l33t players?  Maybe that would level the playing field a bit more.

:hahanot:

SpamDaddy!

Wow, thanks for that video and the followup info! : )

klumy

Quote from: Rand on January 20, 2015, 06:36:30 PM

But since we are posting things that may have been 'not easily available' to the everyday player.  How about the anti-conc, auto-aim, and walls that seem to be around for some of the l33t players?  Maybe that would level the playing field a bit more.

"If someone is better than me, they must cheat!"

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: klumy on January 20, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
Quote from: Rand on January 20, 2015, 06:36:30 PM

"If someone is better than me, they must cheat!"

Oh no he dit'n!

-[EVIL]- Bonesaw

A spy who can change disguise instantly screws everyone... especially engineers. That is blatantly... obvious?

Screw it. Ban all classes other than scouts, let the hilarity ensue.

P:S - Is it just me or does the word "trimping" sound ultra-dirty?