Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Infect and run

Started by Rubyus, October 28, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubyus

WHOA!!!!!

Hello again :D

I have a quick question for you ... yes !! yourself on the other side of the world !! what do you think about infect and run like a girl?

Do you think it's a simple "mode" of the game or hate it?

Rubyus

Elitesse

I hate being infected but I believe that it is a very effective method to play as a Medic, lots of infected players kill themselves, start running in every direction infecting other teammates, or run in the spawn standing on the medkits until a medic heals them (infecting other players running in the spawn room).

Rubyus

I consider a very ignorant and disrespectful to the game because is written in the game, even those not considering it, is written that he is a COMBAT medic not a runaway doctor, and the fact that the game is pure action, I've seen a doctor waiting at the enemy spawn when I was in the audience and it certainly is not action  :laugh:

p0izon

It is a very pussy way of playing.

Rand

It's part of the game/classes, deal with it.

Saleen219

i DO deal with it, but its still a pussy way to play...even tho i do it too :P

but when *I* do it, its called strategy

Kerrybiantulip

Pussy method of playing.   I'm fine with players infecting me then shooting at me to kill me, but when they infect and run off I simply find them to be the lowest form of gamer in TFC.  A coward. Bad at the game.

I will typically suicide or possibly switch to spectate to find any chance they're close enough to a respawn when infecting to remove them from the server.

SpamDaddy!

Sissified sissy crap. HW is also sissified and requires no skill but at least he has to BE there to kill you. The sissy medics of the world can NEVER hold their heads high. Everyone knows they are sissy trash.

Sissies.

Venomous Fangs

Respectfully Guys I think you don't understand the tactics behind "Medic hit and Run".

In Military parlance it is referred to as Psych Ops, disrupt an oppositions cohesion and effectiveness. The idea is to disrupt and harass the opposition so they are more worried about looking over their backs, attacking the invading medic and avoiding infected team mates then playing effectively and playing as a group.

As you are aware this is a tactic I will use and it's certainly not about getting a high Kill/death ratio via infection. The medic usually gets hunted down and killed and the opposition players usually get healed or self destruct themselves. But after 10 such attacks though the medics K/D score might be 3 / 10 it's irrelevant to the point of the tactic.

If the opposition snipers are constantly circling, players running backwards looking, opposition sending the now famous "Get out of spawn if infected" messages, abusing each other for team infecting and focussing more on chasing the medic down then playing the game, I know "Psych Ops" has worked.  :laugh:

The net effect is the friendly team has a better run at the game, notwithstanding the medic players personal score won't be great.

SpamDaddy!

We understand the tactic. And we still love you.
Sissy.

lol_face

Swede

Wtf, HW a sissy class, I like HW.  :wideeyed:

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Swede on October 29, 2014, 10:09:12 AM
Wtf, HW a sissy class, I like HW.  :wideeyed:
ROFL I knew you were gonna get me for that one Swederoo!

Quote from: p0izon on October 28, 2014, 01:54:01 PM

so is bunny hop and trimp, sgs cant even target and fire,...medic infect is original, the other isnt.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: . on October 29, 2014, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: p0izon on October 28, 2014, 01:54:01 PM

so is bunny hop and trimp, sgs cant even target and fire,...medic infect is original, the other isnt.
Good point.

lil-bastard

:idea:  I remember this topic. Ten years ago.