News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Infect and run

Started by Rubyus, October 28, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

Quote from: . on October 29, 2014, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: p0izon on October 28, 2014, 01:54:01 PM
It is a very pussy way of playing.

so is bunny hop and trimp, sgs cant even target and fire,...medic infect is original, the other isnt.

I have nothing against the infect. In fact, my very own name was coined because of the Medic's infection. The pussy part is the running away.

klumy

Quote from: . on October 29, 2014, 08:49:35 PM
Quote from: p0izon on October 28, 2014, 01:54:01 PM
It is a very pussy way of playing.

so is bunny hop and trimp, sgs cant even target and fire,...medic infect is original, the other isnt.

I fail to see the correlation here. Care to elaborate?

Venomous Fangs

I think Klumy the suggestion is that Bunny Hop and trimp give a player an unfair advantage over players who (like myself) don't use them. Arguably true but whatever the case it is only a game, so probably not to fuss about anyway.

As for the Medic hit and run, I didn't realise it attracted so much venom (pun intended), so the Psych Ops is definately working.  :laugh:

For the sake of Evil Server harmony I will restrict such tactics to either when the enemy teams full of noobs (just for the fun of seeing their comments to each other, only for a few minutes though) or if my side is seriously been owned and is in need of a helping distraction.   :devilsidesmile:

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on October 30, 2014, 11:46:13 PM
I think Klumy the suggestion is that Bunny Hop and trimp give a player an unfair advantage over players who (like myself) don't use them. Arguably true but whatever the case it is only a game, so probably not to fuss about anyway.

As for the Medic hit and run, I didn't realise it attracted so much venom (pun intended), so the Psych Ops is definately working.  :laugh:

For the sake of Evil Server harmony I will restrict such tactics to either when the enemy teams full of noobs (just for the fun of seeing their comments to each other, only for a few minutes though) or if my side is seriously been owned and is in need of a helping distraction.   :devilsidesmile:
Fangs, don't change your game. If this many people are fussing its cuz it works. As far as hopping and trimping and all that my "suckage" level ain't changin'! I'm not gonna get any better than I am right now, in fact I will probably get worse.

The "really skilled" players that hop and trimp and use all their fancy spy scripts and soldier scripts don't like anything that slows them down or thwarts their ownage level. The "noob" players that can't/don't/won't hop/script/trimp want the game to be dumbed down to their level.

I'll whine like an old woman some days when I'm tired and cranky but that's my right. Doesn't mean we gotta change the game. If we don't like what's going on we don't have to play.

And for those of you that DO come on server just to whine or grief: Die. (In game of course!)

Saleen219

As mich as thr infct and run is a pain in the ass, and even frowned on, its not against the rules so no, dont change your game, esp if you are on my team

SpamDaddy!

What we should REALLY be discussing are these sissy soldier mines around every corner!!!

Saleen219

i havent  seen one in about a week....

Kerrybiantulip

If you have played long enough, you'll have noticed that the good medics typically never infect.

It's the bad ones or occasionally pissed off good ones that immediately switch to medpack when they're running around.  They die, respawn, and immediately switch to it as their weapon and use nothing else.

I'm not gonna mention any names....................................... but I'm sure you guys can think of a good example of both inside and outside our clan.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Saleen219 on October 31, 2014, 03:23:14 PM
i havent  seen one in about a week....
Sissys or mines?

lol @ Jules

-[EVIL]- Bonesaw

My two cents as an awful TFC player is that, although I can't stand being infected and then watching medics flee the scene, it's all part of original gameplay. It's the same with jerkoff engineers emping me through the floor or HW's camping out in a little corner and unleashing 2500 rounds into my sternum.

I have more of an issue with hopping, scripting, all the fancy builds each class can set up in neotf. I literally have no advantage, I use default settings and my thumb gets sore when I "try" to b-hop. I can hold my own for the most part playing as a "purist" but I realize that all the upgrades and tomfoolery is part of these servers. I can choose whether to play or leave. It takes skill to hop, conc, nade/rocket jump and someone who's experienced with these things are very difficult to play against. But that, to me, is where it should end. If you're already scripting then why the hell do you need to have all the other add-ons that take away from the game's play? But I guess if there are admins doing it, it's an open door for any player to have some sort of exploit or hack. For me, that's what takes the fun out of it. It's bad enough getting ruined by someone who's naturally good at the game but adding in all the extras is what kills servers/TFC.

The real hell on the battlezone server is the god awful amount of 2fort, axlfly and xpress2k4...

p0izon

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 07:24:22 AM
I have more of an issue with hopping, scripting, all the fancy builds each class can set up in neotf. I literally have no advantage, I use default settings and my thumb gets sore when I "try" to b-hop. I can hold my own for the most part playing as a "purist" but I realize that all the upgrades and tomfoolery is part of these servers. I can choose whether to play or leave. It takes skill to hop, conc, nade/rocket jump and someone who's experienced with these things are very difficult to play against.

That's like walking into a gokart building and complaining about the vehicles being faster than you, because you believe real racing is done on foot.

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 07:24:22 AMBut that, to me, is where it should end. If you're already scripting then why the hell do you need to have all the other add-ons that take away from the game's play? But I guess if there are admins doing it, it's an open door for any player to have some sort of exploit or hack. For me, that's what takes the fun out of it. It's bad enough getting ruined by someone who's naturally good at the game but adding in all the extras is what kills servers/TFC.

Might want to read the rules. Exploits and hacks are against the rules. The only exploit that is actually allowed on EVIL servers is the quick disguise spy script.

But as for all the extras... It sounds like the weekend is the ideal time for you to play on the servers, since NeoTF is disabled every weekend.

Side note, I'll never understand the hate for autobhop. It actually helps players who wouldn't normally be able to bhop.

Autobhop on:
- Pro players will wreck you
- Mid-range players who can't bhop, can finally bhop.
- Noobs will noob

Autobhop off:
- Pro players will wreck you
- Mid-range players who can't bhop, still won't be able to bhop.
- Noobs will noob

Rubyus

just watching the controversy that I started   :yes:

-[EVIL]- Bonesaw

"That's like walking into a gokart building and complaining about the vehicles being faster than you, because you believe real racing is done on foot."

You're kidding me, right? This makes no sense. The truth is, it's like walking into a gokart building and complaining that other drivers have extras added onto their cars and are at an advantage because that's literally, exactly what it is. Give me a break man...

I've read the rules and I understand the dos and don'ts. Doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of players that play that bend these rules. Even if they're caught eventually. The spy exploit is stupid and shouldn't be allowed.

Telling me that it sounds like I should play only on weekends is a ridiculous thing to say as a member of the clan. If anything, you should be trying to help resolve situations and accept other opinions other than your own to help grow your community and increase the players coming to the servers. I'd like to be a part of EVIL servers a lot when I can, but there are things like the above mentioned issues that are turning not only me off, but a lot of other players.

Your analysis of the auto-bhop again, is bogus. Pro players are good, plain and simple. But it doesn't matter how good you are, disabling anything like that would decrease their "rekking" ability. If players are trying to get better and playing a lot, then they'll figure it out. Nothing wrong with putting in the time and effort. Enabling that auto-hop only ruins their progress because when they go to other servers, they're no further ahead.

I think most people like playing TFC for what it is. Not the hybrid freakshow version that neotf brings. That's not to say that there aren't people that like it, even I play still depending on the map, but my two cents is just as valid as yours is and I don't appreciate your condescending attitude just because I have a difference in opinion.

klumy

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 19, 2015, 05:37:14 PM
"That's like walking into a gokart building and complaining about the vehicles being faster than you, because you believe real racing is done on foot."

You're kidding me, right? This makes no sense. The truth is, it's like walking into a gokart building and complaining that other drivers have extras added onto their cars and are at an advantage because that's literally, exactly what it is. Give me a break man...

Wrong. You have the same capabilities as the other "drivers" but you aren't willing to learn or utilize them. Pzn's analogy was fine. Are you also against concing as well? Because that is not using a part of the game as it is intended.

Gimpy

Ill just put this anywhere...