News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Gaming Mouse Question

Started by p0izon, June 10, 2014, 08:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosby

logitech is the best bang for your buck... I use a g300. My mouse is so old I cant hold down mouse 1 anymore... so I stopped playing sniper and hw.

Saleen219

Well a gaming mouse should have good dpi, right?  Well, in your photoshop work this might be of a help as well as in gaming.

SpamDaddy!

p0, I have been using a mouse to work with design programs like photoshop, dreamweaver, shockwave, and microsoft expressions...I was complaining to a friend about the lack of precision with my "fancy" at the time microsoft ergo 5 button mouse. He pointed me to a "Razor" mouse for $70 that changed EVERYTHING precision wise. These guys are focusing on the gaming aspect while I can tell you from personal experience it does help for gaming but it doesnt make you better just easier for you to be as good as you already are. In design however it changes the game.

My razor died after a couple years and I was not thrilled so I changed brands to a Logitech g500 pro - weighted gaming mouse. With the weights you can control the way the mouse feels in your hand ..I made it heavy so if I am working on a fine detail design it doesnt overshoot the area I am trying to fill or color.

I paid $149 for it when it came out because it felt perfect. I found you an awesome deal..the seller has 10+ left at $35 each, if you buy it and hate it and cant return it I will buy it from you so you wont be out any money. I believe its that good. Mine is still going strong but I just bought one myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/300941241201?lpid=82

P.s. I have had mine since 2005 and its still awesome. See pics. Third pic is the weights, that is what is in the little metal case in the Ebay pic.

Saleen219

Ya i have the g500, just not the pro version but you can still wiegh it down

Rand

Logitech all the way!

BUT, it HAS to be a Trackman/trackball mouse!  Geez, get a new one and convert to just having your thumb do the walking!  We can have Trackman group meetings and everything!

;)

Master

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on June 14, 2014, 10:15:44 AM
p0, I have been using a mouse to work with design programs like photoshop, dreamweaver, shockwave, and microsoft expressions...I was complaining to a friend about the lack of precision with my "fancy" at the time microsoft ergo 5 button mouse. He pointed me to a "Razor" mouse for $70 that changed EVERYTHING precision wise. These guys are focusing on the gaming aspect while I can tell you from personal experience it does help for gaming but it doesnt make you better just easier for you to be as good as you already are. In design however it changes the game.

My razor died after a couple years and I was not thrilled so I changed brands to a Logitech g500 pro - weighted gaming mouse. With the weights you can control the way the mouse feels in your hand ..I made it heavy so if I am working on a fine detail design it doesnt overshoot the area I am trying to fill or color.

I paid $149 for it when it came out because it felt perfect. I found you an awesome deal..the seller has 10+ left at $35 each, if you buy it and hate it and cant return it I will buy it from you so you wont be out any money. I believe its that good. Mine is still going strong but I just bought one myself.

P.s. I have had mine since 2005 and its still awesome. See pics. Third pic is the weights, that is what is in the little metal case in the Ebay pic.
moral of the story: don't buy overpriced "gaming" hardware from a company that only advertises via paying off pro gamers, their hardware is good, but it's not durable and it's only targeted to those who want to be like the 1% of gamers that get their money by streaming (super disposable income, free advertising for them )

The top name brands (pretty sure logitech is king in this territory) should be good for the gamers who aren't "working" in the esports industry

p0izon

Can I click the mwheel down with that mouse?

Saleen219

not sure about the razor, or with the G500 PRO. but you can with the G500

Master

Quote from: p0izon on June 14, 2014, 09:10:09 PM
there are mice that exist where the mousewheel is not an additional 'button'? the companies that make such devices need to be wiped off the face of the earth, this is the only way I open links any more (new tab) and close tabs.

SpamDaddy!

Yes sir, you can.

p0izon

Quote from: Master on June 15, 2014, 12:42:38 AM
there are mice that exist where the mousewheel is not an additional 'button'? the companies that make such devices need to be wiped off the face of the earth, this is the only way I open links any more (new tab) and close tabs.

Yeah same here. I had to start checking because on some reviews for a few mice that I had bookmarked said that you couldn't click it.

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on June 15, 2014, 04:29:02 AM

Yes sir, you can.

Looks like I'll definitely be going for a Logitech then.

SpamDaddy!

I am sure you won't regret it, p0!

Saleen219

i finally agree with something Spammy says :P

ya, you wont regret it. ive ben using logitechs for *years*

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Saleen219 on June 16, 2014, 07:36:32 PM
i finally agree with something Spammy says :P

ya, you wont regret it. ive ben using logitechs for *years*

Meh.  :blink:

Saleen219