News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Connection problem to esclan.net ...

Started by Ironhd, March 24, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhd

Anyone have a clue why Rand can't connect to esclan.net ?
He's tried his comp and his kid's comp's and still can't connect. All other sites work fine for him. Really weird. Any ideas???

p0izon

Maybe he was banned and he didn't even know it  :straight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so7tcTip5IQ

No but seriously, has he tried to connect from any other computers/networks?

Is it only www.esclan.net? That is not working? Can he reach forums.esclan.net?

Saleen219

maybe i banned him? I know in the shoutbox ive been banning someone who seems to dislike me - maybe in fact its rand :)

Ive banned 4 different ip's of the guy in the shout box, but - wouldnt i ONLY be banning someone from using the shoutbox?

hmm, upon further investigation, his IP (from his forum profile) doesnt match any of the ip's i banned on the SB

Ironhd

Well the shoutbox isssues were his thought also and that maybe he had been banned accidentally (or on purpose which was my 2 cents-lol).

p0izon

Quote from: p0izon on March 24, 2014, 07:59:28 PM
No but seriously, has he tried to connect from any other computers/networks?

Is it only www.esclan.net? That is not working? Can he reach forums.esclan.net?

Ironhd

As I understand it he has tried from 3 different computers all at his house. He can play online but cannot get into any part of esclan.net . He can connect to every other website he tries.

Saleen219

i searched the ban list using 'rand' and only bans i see are the ones he did.

p0izon

Seeing as it's the entire website it means he's somehow being blocked from accessing the web server. I am not certain, but I do not think we are running a firewall on the web server.

What is the error he is shown when trying to access the site?

Is he running any anti-malware applications that may be blocking access to the website?

Master might need to look into it if it's on our end.

Master

it would be his connection between his ISP and the atlanta(I think) datacenter that NFOServers run our website on.. tell him to open command prompt (winkey + r) run cmd, and do tracert esclan.net.

he will need to send those results to his ISP and tell them that he cannot connect to the website, I am unsure if a firewall is in place, but we do not have a way to block access to specific users, so it is definitely an issue with his isp.

please tell rand to add me to steam friends and I will have him try a few things.

Ironhd

I'll relay all that Master. Thanks for all the input!

Saleen219

deadly is now having the same issue
" tried 2 different browsers and no firewall othere then windows"

tracert esclan.net.

Tracing route to esclan.net [208.146.35.20]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2    10 ms    11 ms     9 ms  10.153.224.1
  3    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  172.30.65.193
  4    12 ms    11 ms    11 ms  172.30.24.121
  5    11 ms    12 ms    10 ms  12.249.235.9
  6    73 ms    74 ms    72 ms  cr82.mpsmn.ip.att.net [12.122.150.62]
  7    73 ms    74 ms    74 ms  cr1.kc9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.153.66]
  8    73 ms    71 ms    75 ms  cr1.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.3.45]
  9    71 ms    79 ms    70 ms  cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.22]
10    72 ms    76 ms    76 ms  cr2.st6wa.ip.att.net [12.122.1.78]
11    71 ms    71 ms    71 ms  12.123.46.129
12    70 ms    73 ms    71 ms  12.90.77.10
13    77 ms    82 ms    79 ms  border8.po1-40g-bbnet1.sef.pnap.net [63.251.160.
18]
14    71 ms    72 ms    72 ms  esclan.net [208.146.35.20]

Trace complete.

Rand

Howdy!!!!

After four freaking days of Googling, resetting my router, etc, talking with a n00b at Comcast, I am finally able to see the site.

Some notes:

I loaded new firmware into my router Saturday night.  Had no problems with ANYTHING from then on through Sunday into Monday morning.  I have a Dlink DIR-655.  Yeah it's old.  But it is newer than my older Linksys that I gave to my son to take to college.  I was able to browse esclan.net all through Sunday.

As Iron related,  (TY Iron very very much!!!  And to all that have replied here!!), beginning Monday morning when I got on the computer, I couldn't connect to esclan.net at all.  I could immediately connect to the 'hacker detection page' for admins with no problem all through the week.  I could play TFC on the EVIL servers NP.  It was weird.

I was worried that it was on my end.  I was like, "WTF changed?  How the heck can I not see this website when I can see EVERY OTHER WEBSITE on the internet that I click on?"

I don't know how many times I have reset my router trying different configurations.  I lost count.

Through googling, I found two threads that shed some light on the subject:

http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=44547

And another that described exactly what I was going through trying to connect to only ONE site.

I finally saved my info, and just changed the MAC address on my router by one digit, so hopefully getting another IP address from my ISP.  This is what worked.  I don't know why.

WHOA!

Did my IP address change!  Like very weird change numbers.  Totally different from what I have had for years.

I tried the website, and here I am posting.  Very strange week of not being able to see only ONE website, Googling, and a lot of aggravation.

Comcast Internet rocks.  :/

Rand

Bad week spending 3+ hours a night after work and family trying my non geek best to understand this all.

Saleen219

further from deadly:

ecided to run windows network diagnostics on esclan.net problems found website (forums.esclan.net) is onlinebut isn't responding to connection attemps
[Evil]Saleen219: wonder why tho
[Evil]Saleen219: being blocked somehow
-[EVIL]- deadly: Issues found
website (forums.esclan.net) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.website (forums.esclan.net) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.
The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.  Detected Detected
Contact the service provider or owner of the remote system for further assistance, or try again later Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 website (forums.esclan.net) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. Detected Detected

The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer.

p0izon

The reason you were able to connect to the hack detection page and the game servers is because they are different from the website's server.

If changing your mac address got you in, that means you somehow got banned/blocked from the site. Maybe some sort of DDOS protection that we wouldn't have control of.