News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Connection problem to esclan.net ...

Started by Ironhd, March 24, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadly

do cmd telnet www.esclan.net 80   then try google when I did esclan it timed out and google it went blank

p0izon

Rand

Weird, weird, weird.  Well, I am sure that you can figure it out better than me!

p0izon

It resolved itself, but it's still acting weird.

Rand

I just had this error pop up when I was trying to browse around here:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /usr/www/esclan/esclan.net/wp-content/plugins/insert-php-code-snippet/shortcode-handler.php(23) : eval()'d code on line 9
Can't connect to database

The forum is still coming up real slow for me.

Rand

OH!

I forgot to ask, could this be a problem with IPv6 at all?  Through much Googling, that was mentioned a lot.  I have tested my IPv6 at http://www.test-ipv6.com/, and it comes up good every time.

But maybe clients have broken IP6 handling, or the site host does?

I dunno, just a thought.  Again, I am not a good techie, just try to muddle through.  Heck, I can't even BHOP!    :laugh:

Rand

Was down again for me today.  Changed router MAC one digit back to first change.  No go.  Changed it up from original, works immediately, with a brand new, third IP address listed.

Master

Quote from: Rand on March 31, 2014, 11:37:24 AM
Was down again for me today.  Changed router MAC one digit back to first change.  No go.  Changed it up from original, works immediately, with a brand new, third IP address listed.
okay, im putting a ticket into support and letting them know they are somehow getting banned.. what are you doing right before you notice you cant connect?

when was the last time you scanned for viruses or malware?

Rand, please contact me on steam as soon as you can.

Rand

Wow, can connect this afternoon without using a proxy.  Though I get this error(again) when trying to see the roster:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /usr/www/esclan/esclan.net/wp-content/plugins/insert-php-code-snippet/shortcode-handler.php(23) : eval()'d code on line 9

Very weird.  Since I have not changed anything on my end.....  Why is the connection problem intermittent?  Haven't played with the router, etc.

Maybe it is HeartBleed!!!!   D:

Master

Quote from: Rand on April 11, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
Wow, can connect this afternoon without using a proxy.  Though I get this error(again) when trying to see the roster:

Very weird.  Since I have not changed anything on my end.....  Why is the connection problem intermittent?  Haven't played with the router, etc.

Maybe it is HeartBleed!!!!   D:
our site is secured from heartbleed and has been since the 8th, and even further we do not use SSL technologies on our website, as we do not have a large userbase and do not see any sort of attacks towards us to warrant hardening our connection endpoint.
Have you disabled all firewall settings in your router?

Rand

Yo!   I was just joking around about Heartbleed being happy that I could access the website again without a proxy.  (Though I can't post through the proxy.)

Haven't changed anything on my end.  I doubt that my router can slowly 'learn' websites to deny my access to through its firewall.

Master

Quote from: Rand on April 11, 2014, 08:16:57 PM
Yo!   I was just joking around about Heartbleed being happy that I could access the website again without a proxy.  (Though I can't post through the proxy.)

Haven't changed anything on my end.  I doubt that my router can slowly 'learn' websites to deny my access to through its firewall.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?s=f1f8621d547c59114e5893e1bebd559e&p=552037&postcount=7

Rand

Changed my comp's DNS servers to those for IPv4.  We'll see how it goes, but I swear that I already tried to change both the IPv4 and IPv6 before, and since it didn't change, I went back to the router handling it.  But, I am up for anything!

You guys look much better without the proxy!

I did power down my modem yesterday a couple times, had to move furniture around, etc, but still have the same IP.  I don't know why that would have done anything.