News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

BZ super BHOP setting

Started by Rand, January 10, 2014, 09:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ill third it!,...sgs and mgs cant even track and fire fast enough......

Rand

I request again:  Could we please get rid of the trimp plugin/bhop helper on the BZ server?

crosby

I like it.. it makes me feel super.

p0izon

Bhop assistance has always been a part of BZ. I don't think the plugin is going anywhere.

A lot of players like it. It helps to even out the playing field for those who do not know how to bhop. This way all you have to do is hold down shift and strafe away. Removing it won't stop or slow down players who can already bhop. The only people you will be affecting are the players who can't normally bhop. Thus unevening the playing field.

Rand

Thanks for the definitive reply! 

I feel that it makes bhoppers even that more speedy, thus unevening the playing field that much further.  To each his own opinion.  TY once again, pOizon!

p0izon

Quote from: Rand on January 20, 2014, 03:19:49 PM
Thanks for the definitive reply! 

I feel that it makes bhoppers even that more speedy, thus unevening the playing field that much further.  To each his own opinion.  TY once again, pOizon!

You are correct that it makes them more speedy, because of the lack of a speed cap. So I was mistaken to say they wouldn't slow down. However, this is available to everyone. With or without the plugin good players will always have the advantage.

Bishop

Have we done enough?  It also isn't fair that some people have learned to aim better than others. We should add a plugin that auto-aims for everyone too.     /sarcasm

deadly

I think that they are referring to the speed cap or lack there of. if there was a speed cap the people that know how to bhop would not be able to zoom across the map past anyone and that includes mg's/sg's in like 3 seconds and back just as fast. it is this speed cap I think bothers them.

crosby

Mgs are the problem in the first place.

Master

SpamDaddy!

You will never satisfy everyone. Those of us that just can't get the hang of bhopping/trimping as a way of life will never be happy unless that is no longer useable. We feel inferior as players because we are in fact inferior. We do not possess the skill to manage that element of the game.

Do I hate it? Hell yeah, BUT I play as much as anyone and should be practicing to master it. I will be the first to say that I hate concing and bhopping. I think you should have to grind out each and every score. A flying medic ..2 or 3 concs one after the other is BS..to me. BUT That player mastered it...I didn't... so to them my whining is BS. Go practice and shut up is what they think. They are right. The game is 16 years old =D...Im not getting any better and that's ok  :yes: I whine now and again but I will get over it.

By the same token you have other players that hate MGs. I have heard AWESOME players say MGs are tools for the nonskilled. They are RIGHT! Its the only way some players will ever get a half decent amount of kils or even be able to defend against the polished higher skill players. BUT BZ is a NeoTF server. It's part of that game. I get tired of being referred to as "skilless" because I build MGs for D (MGs on bounce is just trash so that doesn't count). Someone said a few nights ago "How many engies does it take to ruin a game of TFC..as many as can build MGs". As long as it isn't a sniper map with open spawns I disagree.

HWs are gay cuz they have armor and a big gun. Scouts are gay cuz they are fast and have nails that penetrate armor. Snipers are gay cuz they can kill with one shot from across the map. Engineers are gay for MGs and SGs. Spies are gay cuz they are invisible Pyros gay cuz..well..cuz its pyro. Sollies are gay cuz they have rocket launchers. Medics REALLY are gay  :P. Demos are gay cus they have sticky pipes.

No ..none of this is "gay" or wussified..we weed out the trash players on a daily basis. I don't get mad at Juliet cuz she can snipe so good..I get frustrated cuz she is awesome and I suck horribly. But she earned that ability.

I know most of us get frustrated when a spy or a solly bhopping at 300 miles per hour kills our SG and both MGs grabs the flag kills half the team then caps before anything or anyone can kill them but its part of the game.

Only thing I would change is I would re-eanable quickdet. It was great against spies and snipers in your base.

crosby

Sorry to disagree but quick det was a terrible idea. Demos were over powered. I agree with some stuff you said. The learning curve for tfc is now so difficult that most new players will play and immediately turn off; however, you talk about Juliet earning her sniper skills. MGs are easy and cheap ways of playing. Some mgs take 2-3 nades just to take out and then an engy can spawn another one almost immediately. Everything in TFC is a series of checks and balances. Pyros are inferior to emps... hws can get stabbed easier then most classes and so on. Regular sgs fall into this category with their slow turn speed. Some MGs take 2-3 nades just to kill negating the damage done by just a nail gun. MGs are cheap and annoying. Unfortunately, one of the only checks against them might be bunny hopping at top speed around them for now. I would like to see lower health to MGs in the future but thats just my opinion.

Rand

Just FYI:

I tried this a few times, on BZ, to check if there is an info line for cl_autobhop 1(0).

It seems that if a client's cl_autobhop is set to 0 or 'off' before you join, there is no announcement about the setting.  If a client has set cl_autobhop to 1 on the previous join, it does announce that the server has auto hopping enabled, and if this is a problem for the client, you can turn it off with cl_autobhop 0.

Mine had been set to 0, whenever in the past.  (I have never fooled with it, as far as I know, hence this thread.)  If I set it to 1, then every join still has it set to 1, and it has the announcement.  Set it to 0, and then no announcement, etc.

Someone pointed out to me that sniperzone has autohop on, and it does that for me whenever I tried to join it, without setting cl_autobhop to 1.  Don't know if sniperzone autohop is related.

Sorry if this is superfluous information.

Master

Quote from: Rand on January 23, 2014, 05:12:24 PM
Just FYI:

I tried this a few times, on BZ, to check if there is an info line for cl_autobhop 1(0).

It seems that if a client's cl_autobhop is set to 0 or 'off' before you join, there is no announcement about the setting.  If a client has set cl_autobhop to 1 on the previous join, it does announce that the server has auto hopping enabled, and if this is a problem for the client, you can turn it off with cl_autobhop 0.

Mine had been set to 0, whenever in the past.  (I have never fooled with it, as far as I know, hence this thread.)  If I set it to 1, then every join still has it set to 1, and it has the announcement.  Set it to 0, and then no announcement, etc.

Someone pointed out to me that sniperzone has autohop on, and it does that for me whenever I tried to join it, without setting cl_autobhop to 1.  Don't know if sniperzone autohop is related.

Sorry if this is superfluous information.
clearly a bug, ill look into it when I can. sniperzone is using an older version of auto bhop, it should probably be removed though.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: crosby on January 23, 2014, 01:59:40 AM
Sorry to disagree but quick det was a terrible idea. Demos were over powered. I agree with some stuff you said. The learning curve for tfc is now so difficult that most new players will play and immediately turn off; however, you talk about Juliet earning her sniper skills. MGs are easy and cheap ways of playing. Some mgs take 2-3 nades just to take out and then an engy can spawn another one almost immediately. Everything in TFC is a series of checks and balances. Pyros are inferior to emps... hws can get stabbed easier then most classes and so on. Regular sgs fall into this category with their slow turn speed. Some MGs take 2-3 nades just to kill negating the damage done by just a nail gun. MGs are cheap and annoying. Unfortunately, one of the only checks against them might be bunny hopping at top speed around them for now. I would like to see lower health to MGs in the future but thats just my opinion.

I agree with pretty much everything you said Cros...I like MGs for D and being tough but its when they are used improperly which is ALOT
'