News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

old school sprays

Started by flyingbarrel, January 23, 2010, 08:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingbarrel

back when this game first come out you could download different sprays...not the picture kind but they added to the standard ones you got with the game...i wish you could still download them like i used to...there were some pretty funny ones...anyone know if such a site exists anymore

Master

its impossible to do this anymore, valve updated how sprays work nowadays and you cant 'add' sprays into the standard spray selector menu because TFC is dead, so you cant really do nothing, there is nothing left of the old school sprays or old school... anything really, sorry

flyingbarrel

well thats retarded...that was one of the fun things back then...changing shit just for the hell of it....half life had some wild stuff as well...i had multiple spawn models for it and the sprays worked in there to

Master

when steam updated they changed the dropdown menu sprays from pldecal.wad to tempdecal.wad and it broke, and thees a bunch of other broken things too.. its just a guess and test to see if anything works anymore.

flyingbarrel

that sucks...the sprays were hilarious

Foxy

D= They changed it, How lame.

Well cant you still edit the tempdecal.wads?

Rosco

Yes   you can rename the wad  you want  to  temdecal.wad and it will become the spray.   What I would suggest is to make a copy of the wad yuo want to  use and then change the copy to tempdecal.wad  so you do not loose the original.
   Unfortunately you cannot change the tempdecal.wad with each map.

Master

this is what that menu was used for in the options, unfortunately steam broke it and doesnt wanna fix it :(

Foxy

Quote from: Master on January 30, 2010, 09:19:15 PM
this is what that menu was used for in the options, unfortunately steam broke it and doesnt wanna fix it :(

Lol they are lazy asses! we needa go and smack'em.

Master

Quote from: -]EviL[- :Foxy: on January 31, 2010, 05:22:03 PM

no they aren't they just dont care to fix it, no one plays tfc anymore.

Foxy

Quote from: Master on January 31, 2010, 11:25:37 PM
Quote from: -]EviL[- :Foxy: on January 31, 2010, 05:22:03 PM

no they aren't they just dont care to fix it, no one plays tfc anymore.

yeah sadly D=
We need to get more people to play lol, I've tried getting my friends to play but they have no idea what Half-Life or TFC is. which is pretty sad seeing as a few years ago TFC WAS the game to play...

Koveak

well to convice ur friend to play tfc heres a video.. that maybe you saw alrdy, but this could help your friends to know a bit about tfc.. and at the end they laugh at CS.. rofl
  TFC Forever  or just go youtube and write : tfc forever,   :P
Koveak~ I R French :D