News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

I updated the battlezone

Started by Master, January 03, 2010, 07:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master

it now has 900+ maps, hey saleen, hows your map finding going?

Saleen219

Slow.

I wont add that many as you dont really need THAT many, as long as you have some great maps. After all - it is a sniper only server. When ever someone asks about a certain map though, I look for it and add if if I find it.

Asked the other day if anyone had a certain map they wanted but no one gave me any to find.

Saleen219

Thanks for the link Rosco. I'll check it out.

SFR321

Rosco

If  you  would like  i  would be happy  to  seek  out  all the  SNIPER maps for the Sniper server.

I dont  know about the rest of you but when I join the sniper server  to  find an engie making mg's and sentries, well thats just plain old  Low G and Battlezone stuff.  I like the sniper server  for  Sniping Only. This is just  my  opinion and the views expressed here are not necessarily the views of the Network  hehe

Master

Quote from: Rosco on January 14, 2010, 01:39:55 AM
If  you  would like  i  would be happy  to  seek  out  all the  SNIPER maps for the Sniper server.

I dont  know about the rest of you but when I join the sniper server  to  find an engie making mg's and sentries, well thats just plain old  Low G and Battlezone stuff.  I like the sniper server  for  Sniping Only. This is just  my  opinion and the views expressed here are not necessarily the views of the Network  hehe

I agree with rosco 100%... saleen... I think you should fix this.

Saleen219

Just how many sniper maps will be needed for everyone to be happy?

Maybe our IT guy can make the sniper server class locked to sniper only? That would help with Rosco's one problem (and I agree Rosco).

Rosco: pls feel free to find us some totally bitchen sniper only maps. (sorry for the '80's lingo, had a flashback)

I deleted a bunch of non sniper maps, but it seemed I had to delete them twice...?

Rosco

the sniper maps are edited to only have snipers available. it is an entity edit program which  modifies the map to only have whatever class you like. Its been a long long time since I have edited maps, but i do have the resource to seek the SNIPER only maps which then can be added to the server, thus any map that plays on the sniper server  shall be  sniper  only  ;D  I will  start this project ASAP and forward all info to the appropriate Admins
Thanks  Rosco

Saleen219

Im going to take a HUGE flying leap, er I mean leap of faith and say send it tome, master - concur?

Master

okay, I believe rosco is talking about using ripent on the maps, its avery easy process to do this, ill teach you today, as for deleting the maps twice, you cant delete the standard maps, you need to ban the maps in the file "addons/amxmodx/configs/mapstoban.ini" so they cant be nominated.

I will expand on this more after school.

Foxy