News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

gaming mouse!

Started by Angi, February 04, 2020, 05:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angi

* Harley doesnt stare at some1 particular  ;)

Any recommendations ? how high should the dpi be ?
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

pizzahut

Maybe not for everyone, but I always used these:

- Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical (400 dpi)
- Logitech MX500 (800 dpi)

Even 400 DPI seems to be sufficient, but maybe someone with a high DPI mouse can comment how much of a difference it makes.

(Clickable) mouse wheel, two side buttons, again this is sufficient for me.

Edit: I also had a Logitech MX518 (400 to 1600 DPI) which I set to 800 DPI. The DPI buttons were badly placed though because you could accidentally switch, so mouse movement speed would suddenly be halved or doubled.

Gimpy

I use the wired mouse that came with my computer

DomiAvenger

i use the Zelotes T80 big mac. Cousin bought me it for xmas 2018. I really like it. Fits my hand really well, 5 dpi settings from 1000-7200, glows different colours or can pick one to stay on. Has a doubleclick button which is fun. Its also really cheap lol. Only thing some people might not like is that its not heavy. I honestly could care less, once ur used to any mouses' weight ur used to it, thats that imo.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32919601071.html
*edit* link is just a random one that came up with pics/info :p

Bunch of review vids on youtube also.

onslaught

A good mouse should fit comfortably in your hand and be easy to move. I prefer a lighter, smaller mouse. A lighter mouse means you could potentially move the mouse faster than if you're trying to move around a brick. I don't think DPI matters much. Most mice have plenty, so you can test and see if it affects your play. For me personally, I haven't noticed a significant difference.

I would recommend a Cooler Master MM710. Here's an in-depth review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DA6jbT31c[

It has a good shape, is very light at 53g, small, and a top sensor. Zowie also makes great shaped mice, the FK2 in particular. Slightly heavier, but has an excellent shape. I've used the MM710 for over months and the FK2 for years. I use the MM710 as my main.
"The corona hype is not based on any extraordinary public health danger. However, it causes considerable damage to our freedom and personal rights through frivolous and unjustified quarantine measures and restrictions." - Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

Angi

Quote from: pizzahut on February 04, 2020, 06:16:55 AM
Maybe not for everyone, but I always used these:

- Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical (400 dpi)
- Logitech MX500 (800 dpi)

Even 400 DPI seems to be sufficient, but maybe someone with a high DPI mouse can comment how much of a difference it makes.

(Clickable) mouse wheel, two side buttons, again this is sufficient for me.

Edit: I also had a Logitech MX518 (400 to 1600 DPI) which I set to 800 DPI. The DPI buttons were badly placed though because you could accidentally switch, so mouse movement speed would suddenly be halved or doubled.
same Pizza^^ Good old logitech 2, button mouse wheel DONE!

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model O- Gaming-Maus

Razer DeathAdder Essential – 6.400 DPI Optical Sensor - 5 Hyperresponse Tasten - Gaming & Esports Maus - Ergonomischer Formfaktor

The mouse has to be SMALL! and ez..i aint gonna fuck around with 5 buttons and more ^^

ty! for the thoughts till now
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

Bishop

I agree dpi isn't that important; any "gaming" mouse will have high dpi and you can set the actual movement speed you need within TFC.  Polling rate and other features can vary as well but again most gaming mice will be a drastic improvement.  More importantly get a mouse that is the right size for your hand as well as one that matches how you hold your mouse (some mice are intended for finger tip grip, others the whole hand).

Gaming Mice questions and advice have been discussed before; I'll repost my input from 2014

Quote from: Bishop on June 11, 2014, 03:42:36 AM
Good question p0izon.  First of all, there are a number of settings that are more important to get right than having a game vs non-gaming mouse.  Most important, make sure you do not run with any mouse acceleration, as this makes it impossible to develop muscle memory (the same amount of movement results in different aiming depending on whether you move the mouse slow or fast).  For windows users make sure you have disabled 'Enhanced Pointer Precision' and select the middle choice (6th tic) on the pointer speed.  Then in game adjust your 'sensitivity' so that it is comfortable. Apparently Windows does some funny things with mouse input and even these settings may not completely remove all acceleration.  There are a number of sites (search, remove mouse acceleration in windows) that will provide registry entries to get exact 1-1 movement.

It is also important that you have you tfc rate settings correct.  While not related to mouse performance, having bad settings here will cause more problems with your aiming than any mouse.  If you want me to go over those, message me sometime or make another post.

Now back to your question on a gaming mouse.  I played for years with, and swore by, regular MS mice (the kind with the ball) and I wore out bunches of them.  Finally I broke down and bought a Logitech G9, but was skeptical that it would make much difference.  Surprisingly I loved it immediately and it made a noticeable difference.  It is hard to describe how much better it feels, but I suspect the people (I was one of them) that say a gaming mouse doesn't matter, are players who have never used one. 

One of the big differences between a gaming mouse and non-gaming is that non-gaming mice report mouse inputs around 100/sec...gaming mice report ~10x as many.  Another important feature is that gaming mice have ~10 higher dpi.  Plus I think the G9 has a super nice feel to it (two different grips to choose from), 5 buttons, and customizable weight. While it is true that most of these differences are small, they apparently add up to a significant difference in your play. 

Furthermore, while I paid ~$100 for the G9, it has lasted many years and surely saved me money.  I have literally a dozen MS carcasses in my garage (~$20 a piece)...before I switched to the G9 I had become quite proficient and combining the good bits of broken mice to make a new workable one.  Now I have a reliable mouse that is 10x better.  I strongly suggest you do a little research and pick a gaming mouse that fits your style (different types are good depending on how you hold your mouse, e.g. do you move just your fingers or your whole hand).  Once you find a good fit, I think you will be very happy with the results.

The full thread can be found here:
https://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,2273.msg9709.html

pizzahut

"dozen MS carcasses in my garage (~$20 a piece)"

Still using the original one, though in between I switched to Logitech because the left mouse button stopped working after several years. Then the same thing happened to the Logitech mouse, and I switched back (!) to the MS mouse. Yep, the button of the MS mouse had recovered, and is still working fine after several more years.

Nuggs

I miss my OG 3 button Microsoft intellimouse. That thing was the best

Now I use a $10 Office Depot laser mouse. I've never been a fan mice with more than 3 buttons.