News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

[TuT]Making your own spray

Started by Master, December 29, 2009, 11:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master

okay, im assuming you are half intelligent, but if you have any questions, leave them in this thread.

1) find the most retarded image you can think of on http://images.google.com
       The smaller it is, the better, you will see what resolutions you can use when we begin the application portion of this tutorial.

for my example I will be using this image:

now go to http://www.cstrike-planet.com/files?dl=28  and download the file extract it anywhere you really want, then open it

once its open, go to file -> open picture, then a dialog box will appear

this is where you select the image, do that then it will look something like this..

next go to options -> half-life games folder

click add then navigate to your tfc directory...   c:\program files\steam\steamapps\YOU\team fortress classic\tfc\

once you add that, go to decal -> make decal

choose tfc, then press ok, then press ok in the dialog box

now.. go to your tfc directory, and you will have a new file called pldecal.wad,  rename it to tempdecal.wad and right click it, go to properties and select read-only, press okay then have a fucking awesome time! :D!

F.A.Q.

Q) How long did it take you to make this tutorial?
A) like 20 minutes of my life that I couldve used on something more important, so be thankful I helped you all out..

Q) My spray key was rebound, what is the command to spray?
A) bind KEY "impulse 201"

any questions? post them in this thread.

thanks are always appreciated ;D

heres some sprays I made, you can use em if ya want.. just to let you know the blue is transparent.. dont forget to rename it to tempdecal.wad and set to read-only

Saleen219

Doesnt appear to work using Windoz 7 - at least the 64bit version. Worked flawlessly using Windoz XP.

Master

are you running it as an administrator? because it DOES need to make a file afterall..

Saleen219

Yes, tried running as admin, and tried running it in win xp compatibility mode. Only worked on the wifes laptop that runs XP.

NinjaBunny

Makes sense, If i remember correctly, the decal converter only works with 32 bit OS's.

Saleen219

Now you tell me, screwed around with it for a good hour before saying the hell with it and trying it on the wifes computer. Frustrated the hell out of me.

Stoopid windoz.

Rosco

Some picture that  you  make  may  not  turn out  well,   it is just  in the  resizing that it messes them  up. I  have a  few pictures I made  but they never  turned out  so  no  one  will see those sprays (Unfortunately)

If there was a way to  clean them up so they  actually  looked good  I  am  open to  suggestions

OmniDragon

I also tried this today... It does not like 64 bit os's.

Master

I'm sorry to hear that, during my time off (which is non-existant) I will look into a 64 bit solution

Foxy

Lame. Doenst work with Windows 7 D=

Saleen219

Yeah I have to agree. I cant verify if it will work or not in W7 32 bit but it doesnt work in the 64b version.

Stoopid windoz.