News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

How is everyone doing?

Started by Rocket2Me, April 30, 2019, 11:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket2Me

Hey all, it's been busy the last few weeks down in here SWFL, snowbird season has come to an end and the roads are finally clearing up. I have a Vanilla Bean growing on one of my vanilla orchids, that only took 3 years to grow :-). The weather is getting hotter, and my tomatoes are doing great too. Ive already been in the gulf of mexico swimming. I have some family staying with me for a few months while my brother inlaw is in afghanistan on a deployment so I haven't been as active as i would like to be. So. Post how your life is going, are you dealing with any hardships? Do you have a special plant or exciting news???
I would be willing, yes glad, to see a battle every day during my life. -General George Armstrong Custer

Gimpy

Life is good. Just bottled my next batch of home brew beer. My wife is due with our third child in five days. So I'll be off all summer, and decided to buy a golf membership.

Coming back to work in September I'll be doing a job I've been asking for for five years, instructing HR to the Canadian military.

Life is good.

Nuggs

Quote from: Rocket2Me on April 30, 2019, 11:06:04 AM
Hey all, it's been busy the last few weeks down in here SWFL, snowbird season has come to an end and the roads are finally clearing up. I have a Vanilla Bean growing on one of my vanilla orchids, that only took 3 years to grow :-). The weather is getting hotter, and my tomatoes are doing great too. Ive already been in the gulf of mexico swimming. I have some family staying with me for a few months while my brother inlaw is in afghanistan on a deployment so I haven't been as active as i would like to be. So. Post how your life is going, are you dealing with any hardships? Do you have a special plant or exciting news???

Same here, snowbirds are leaving, being replaced by summer crush of tourists from the Midwest. It's tough to complain though when we live in such a nice part of the country

Just got my basil plant going. We go through a ton of basil especially in the summer. They are very hearty and basically impossible to kill.

Congrats on the upcoming little one gimpy. Not sure how you'll have time for golf and beer but I like your enthusiasm 😂

As you may know I'm a bit of a beer and golf fanatic myself. Am I correct to assume you're brewing some type of IPA?

I'm a huge sour beer fan and mostly drink gose, berlinerweiss, Flanders reds and wild farmhouse ales but will drink an imperial IPA on occasion.

froob

beer is just fungal water

I'm doing great in general. I recently got a job as a lab technician in upstate new york. took me 2 years to get certified under ASCP but it was worth it. Completed 3000 hours of internship work.

Drastically shifting gears I have recently completed the lego UCS Death Star II set (10143-1)

To anybody who wishes me to comment on why I waste my time building toy sets this is my OFFICIAL response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1LqYfgb6EY

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Swede

All fine here in Northern Europe.  :)
Very nice weather, allready hot as in the summer now and then.
Company going great and it looks like it will be a good business year.
Started running to get back in shape. Lot of officework have its price.

TROLLTZU

Quote from: SourceFroob on May 01, 2019, 06:38:38 PM
beer is just fungal water

I'm concerned that you're a lab tech.
"The supreme art of war is to fight without subduing your enemy" - Troll-Tzu

"The greatest battle is that which requires no victory" - Troll-Tzu