News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Banned for respawn whoring?

Started by Uncle Fester, July 15, 2017, 08:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Fester

3 times in 15 seconds?

Sure, only a 30 minute ban, but... a bit draconian, perhaps?
Infectious flying rats!

Gimpy

Yes. We have a plugin on the server that if you enter the main spawn on 2fort three times in fifteen seconds, you get banned for 30 mins.

Actually, after two times, it WARNS YOU, so you should have known it was going to happen. This ban is automatic. It wasn't an admin who banned you for it.

Bishop

The EVIL nade bag encourages major respawn whoring.  My vote is to lose that...then this other plugin may not even be necessary. 

Uncle Fester

Quote from: Gimpy on July 15, 2017, 12:54:00 PM
after two times, it WARNS YOU, so you should have known it was going to happen.

It probably did, but I was probably a little busy at the time.  I also understand that it wasn't an actual admin.

On the whole, I agree with Bishop.  The skulls are nice in that full health/armour is always available, but they're also rather unbalancing (HW's sitting on skulls...) and they do tend to make people respawn whore because, well, it's worth it - you don't need to wait for healing to respawn if you get smashed as soon as you step out of spawn, so you just run back in... and in... and in... and BANNED.
Infectious flying rats!

Venomous Fangs

Uncle Fester has a point with getting belted the moment one walks out of spawn on 2Fort. A bit rough to lose over 50% health / armour 2 steps out of spawn, so it is natural going back and heal up. This is especially so when there over a dozen players, the top respawn area becomes a gladiator arena of explosions/EMP's/firebombs/gas grenades. Even without deliberate spawn spamming, it's just a choke point in the map where combat is intense.

In another case Bhopping and conc jumping players can cross this map within a couple of seconds, so the flag defenders can easily need recharging 3 times in 15 seconds, assuming they want to hold off the next wave of fully charged respawned attackers, especially when the flag is dropped near top spawn which it often is.

IMHO only real way to deal with it is to limit the player numbers in 2Fort to about 12 players. Not a great idea if we want people to keep playing, so best get used to respawn limits I guess. :-)

Master

I am open to suggestions on how to better fix this issue, one idea I have is to change the ban into a slay instead, as that will reset the counter anyways..

Gimpy

Slay sounds good.

Then people get their wish of full health, but their score suffers for being a spawn whore

Butterbean

I agree, Slay is a good alternative.

SyKosis

Kick might be good an another offer.

Bishop

I would still vote for a ban...although I suppose it could be shorter.  The point is players should not playing from spawn...that is whoring the spawn. 

MMA-Fish_Pig

i think the slay would be a great way of saying stop whoring with out a ban!

Venomous Fangs

I agree slay sounds the right course of action, sends a message to not use spawn as a base, with proportionate penalty for not doing so.

Gimpy

Lol and if they keep going back in after that, it keeps slaying them