News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Half-Life has stopped working message

Started by TinMan, July 06, 2016, 07:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinMan

Just tried to join TFC last night and could not. I got a message saying "Half-Life has stopped working. I deleted steam and reinstalled then Validated my game. Nothing has worked any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks Goldy

Gimpy

Hmm...

I don't know a lot about fixing TFC, but you could try this!

In Steam, go to Library, and right click on your game, select properties. Under Local Files, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

May help!

TinMan

Thanks Gimpy !
I did try that.
I wonder if deleting tfc and reinstalling might help ? idk

TinMan

It only happens with tfc also.. I can play other games.

Master

I would have this problem and learned it is due to my texture mode.. I dont know what mine was set to, you may need to bounce around on some settings.. when does this occur for you? when you launch the game, or when you join a server?

] gl_texturemode
GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR

TinMan

Thank you  Master.
I am using default textures...lol
It let's me join a game for a second or to then freezes up.I have changed  anything at all recently.

Master

Quote from: TinMan on July 06, 2016, 03:06:14 PM
Thank you  Master.
I am using default textures...lol
It let's me join a game for a second or to then freezes up.I have changed  anything at all recently.
as I said, I experienced this in the past and could fix it by changing my gl_texturemode.

here is a post detailing the different texturemodes, just change them and try connecting until you find the one that wont crash your game.