News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Worst map on Battlezone

Started by Nuggs, January 29, 2016, 04:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

I vote coolfort2. Shitty layout, bullshit team killing trap in basement, pointless nuke, wtf is that pile of shit map anyways??

fuck that map PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt

Cirno

Quote from: Nuggs on January 29, 2016, 04:15:36 PM
I vote coolfort2. Shitty layout, bullshit team killing trap in basement, pointless nuke, wtf is that pile of shit map anyways??

fuck that map PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt

Pretty sure the worst is coast2... A map designed for 2v2 ramp sliding that gives full HP/A+nades by standing in a resup field on a server that generally has more than 8 players per team is the worst. It's pill and mirv city in each of the bases with EMPs flying around for good measure. shutdown2 comes a close second though

Nuggs

coast2 is fun as long as players dont abuse the spawn.

fully agreed on shutdown2 though. That is probably my third most hated map, behind dub_forever.

Cirno

Quote from: Nuggs on January 29, 2016, 05:50:39 PM
coast2 is fun as long as players dont abuse the spawn.

fully agreed on shutdown2 though. That is probably my third most hated map, behind dub_forever.

coast2 spawn not getting abused, that's a good one... I completely forgot about dub_forever, yuk

J0llyR0ger

Bonaparte

My pick might be that Chinese check-point map.  It's a cool map, but I can do without it.  I don't care a whole lot for Ksour either.

Gimpy

^^   Cmhf is the name.

As it was pointed out to me once, it actually means Crouching Medic Hidden Flag.

Juliet

Quote from: Gimpy on January 30, 2016, 02:52:55 PM
^^   Cmhf is the name.

As it was pointed out to me once, it actually means Crouching Medic Hidden Flag.

I love cmhf.  I hate Osaka.

SpamDaddy!

dub_forever is fantastic. Osaka is garbage. Coolfort2 and the oversized 2fort are terribad also. I hear that new map called 2fort is pretty good, maybe we'll get to play it sometime.

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Goop

Shezari

dub_forever is only fun if you've played more than 1000 hours as a sniper, are a spy with a quickchange script, or have 0 ping (which I do not believe is possible).  I don't mind the minefield so much but putting the flag at the top of a huge-ass ladder when you just KNOW that the enemy snipers are going to be on YOUR side of the map...yeah no.  Throw in scouts/medics bouncing off the ramps (or bhopping heavies doing figure-eights in your base while holding down m1 (on ANY map) and the 'fun' turns into frustration.

Did I mention I don't like bhopping?  Because I don't.  It turns an otherwise competitive game into a potentially one-sided capturefest.  Like, screw even trying to set up a defense, the jerk that just capped is gonna be back in the flag room in five seconds anyway.

Coolfort2 (and a few other maps that I've only actually been exposed to recently) suffer from confusing layout and in coolfort's case a completely pointless trap that is 9 times out of 10 used to grief teammates rather than kill opposing team members.

As for Shutdown2...I suppose it's fine, as long as TRAIN CONDUCTRO and his butt-buddies aren't there.

Little Miss Muffet

dub_forever is absolute garbage for playing seriously, but fun for goofing off as sniper. I also remember seeing someone use the little gap under the cap zone to get some insane height on a conc and immediately grab the flag.

Medium-Q-

I think coolfort2 is the worst map hands down, and then second would be shutdown2.

Normally, I don't mind Shutdown 2, but it seems like any time that map or coolfort2 shows up on the servers we end up with a bunch of weirdo's who want to run 'experiments' by team killing, or play train conductor screwing up the map sounds. Shutdown2 would be OK if the trains were removed, and coolfort2 is just terrible in general but might not be so bad if the water death trap was removed.