News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

If I had a daughter and this happened...potentially lots of lethal ass kicking

Started by Bonaparte, July 05, 2015, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juliet

Quote from: pig on July 08, 2015, 10:54:37 AM
Quote from: Juliet
The ridiculousness of comparing smoking and drinking to trying to helping girls be safe when having sex is laughable.  SO funny.
Curious. Why do you think it is incomparable to mention underage sex with underage smoking/drinking/driving?
The comparison is between the girls seeking to use a form of birth control from an institution they trust and smoking/drinking.  Not between them just "having sex" and smoking/drinking.

You will never be able to stop young adults from wanting to explore their sexuality.  Allowing them to be safe about it is about the only intelligent thing parents can do.

To me, arguing that IUDS (FROM ANYWHERE) for young girls are a bad thing is similar to arguing that taking the keys away from a girl who's going to drink is a bad thing.  Ludicrous. 

Having a baby when you're too young ruins a lives just like getting in a fatal car accident ruins lives. 

And you people think it's a bad idea to prevent it.

Most of you read the title of the article and said "OMG schools are touching young girls' vaginas to put devices in them! DERRPPPPP"

They offered them IUDs.  Good for them.  Smart.  Sad that most people can't see that, but typical.

This is America after all. 

The Newsroom said it best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw

p0izon

The day my kids feel the need to go to a stranger for advice on anything is the day I failed as a parent.

pig

I mean, in all honesty, this is a split topic for me.

Yes I do applaud the community for offering a safer alternative to unprotected sex.

But no, I do not agree to the confidential nature of the ordeal in which the parent is never notified. The child is still a legal minor and as such, they are under the jurisdiction of the parent/guardian.

Rand

Quote from: p0izon on July 08, 2015, 05:13:18 PM
The day my kids feel the need to go to a stranger for advice on anything is the day I failed as a parent.

p0izon, how come you are so wise?  I agree.

Bonaparte

I'm probably about through with this topic.  But, as my final thoughts: I would think the schools have an obligation to the parents first.  I mean, the school staff members don't get their pay checks from the kids.  Let's be real: the parents work their asses off.  The government takes their money and gives it to the schools.  The schools implant IUD's behind parents back.  Who are the ones getting screwed over???...yup, the parents. DERRRRRP!!!!  The parents should at least know what the schools are doing.  And the kids should at least be man and woman enough to tell the truth to the parents.  I mean, if they really think they are adult enough for sex...the very least they can do is act like it.

Juliet

Quote from: Sun-Tzu on July 09, 2015, 01:47:54 AM
The schools implant IUD's behind parents back.  Who are the ones getting screwed over???...yup, the parents. DERRRRRP!!!! 

Spoken like a true religious nut.  It's not about you. It's about what's best for your kid.  Sorry, but parents are too often arrogant enough to believe that they know what's best for their child and they often are wrong. They often make terrible decisions and become judgmental or make a decision based purely on faith (laughs) and it just fucks over the kid in the long run. 

For example: Parents refusing cancer treatments for their son because they were going to pray the cancer away or treat it holistically.  Absolutely blindly stupid parents making poor decisions for a young human being. 
http://www.mprnews.org/story/2009/05/07/parents_refuse_treatment_for_son
To quote a section:
"You have on the one hand the parental rights to decide what's right for their child, keeping with their religious beliefs, their medical and nutritional beliefs. On the other hand you've got the state's interest saying, here's a child we've got a report from the treating doctor saying that this child is in danger because of the decisions the parents are making."

Sadly, there is no IQ test to check to see if a person is fit to breed.  Thankfully, some young girls in these states are taking advantage of IUDs even though apparently their parents are mentally defunct. 

SpamDaddy!

+10 to p0.
Most of this is irrelevant if you have a healthy relationship with your child.

My argument is that the school if they are going to hand out birth control (IUDs sounds like we should have a marine nearby with a metal detector) should be obligated to notify the parents. If you don't then you are knowingly and willfully enabling that child in committing an act that can be just as any other psychological event you might imagine. Studies show that a large percentage of young girls feel "conflicted and emotionally burdened" (direct quote from the pediatric journal of medicines web site) after their first sexual encounter. The reasons behind that is they generally hide the fact from their parents and seek counsel from other children which leads to no real counsel at all as the other children also have no idea what they are talking about.

This situation quite often leads to "feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, despair, isolation, and the inability to interact with others for fear of discovery".

I agree that having proper contraceptive advice and having access is a positive thing. Saying that the parents should just be kept at bay and oblivious is quite another. My wife and I talk to our teens about these issues and we have an understanding that we live by whatever is happening in our children's lives that is negative we wait a day before reacting. Then we handle things in a civil fashion. I know that things are not that way for all families and that is the hard part.

If a child asks a school nurse for birth control (boy or girl) a school counselor should be notified as well as the parents. We would certainly exercise those measures in any other situation where a child was intent on doing something harmful. If they ask a school nurse for a lighter for their crack pipe or a syringe for their heroin should we provide it and not inform the parent? Of course not.

Addressing your previous posts, Juliet, bringing up the cancer treatment is akin to me bringing up drinking and driving. Those are extreme situations. A tiny percentage of idiots get all the news. Most of us Christians are not condescending bible thumping zealots. We don't hammer people with our beliefs but when asked we answer. Unfortunately people don't like the answers and react by calling us nuts or worse. We have grown to expect that. I just want to point out that we can have differing opinions without being demeaning or belittling of each other and you are right it is about what is best for the child. That's precisely WHY the parents should be informed.

P.s. The IQ test to breed isn't a bad idea.

pig

During this discussion it seems as if we are also forgetting the important fact that the focus of the topic is on IUDs preventing pregnancies.

Yes, they are contraceptives. Unfortunately, that is all they are. When we choose to have sex, we also choose to expose ourselves to sexually transmitted infections. IUDs, and most other contraceptives, with the exception of condoms, do NOT provide any protection against infection.

As adults, some of us are aware of the shortcomings of IUDs. As a hormonally charged boy/girl, we are not thinking of that. A lot of times, when the teens are eager to have sex, they are going for IUDs with the mindset: "Well, as long as I prevent pregnancy, I should be ok".

An unplanned pregnancy may, in fact, ruin a young girl's life. An infection is likely to not be such a positive thing either.

Bonaparte

Bonaparte

Quote from: Juliet on July 09, 2015, 10:29:29 AMSpoken like a true religious nut.

Lol... I agree with you!!!

Don't get me wrong here...I don't think it is a good idea to refuse cancer treatment for kids.  For example, and not to be religiously preachy or anything:

Let's say I'm on a island with no food or water, and the only hope for survival is to paddle myself back home on a log.  Most likely I would pray: "God, please bring me home safety!!!"... Also, I would believe whole heartedly that God has the power to do that.  Yet, before I even leave the island, a helicopter or a boat shows up.  I'm not going to paddle home just to prove something; I would see the boat or helicopter as something God sent to me, yet having full faith that God can bring me home any way He wanted to.  I hope this does not sound preachy at all.

For the record, though, miraculous healings do happen.  But, I don't feel as though my faith obligates me to reject cancer treatment. 

I think there needs to be a balance between the state's obligation to protect kids and the rights of parents to raise their kids under their religious beliefs.  If everything is on the side of religion, then any psycho can create their own religion for the purpose of exploiting loopholes.  At the same time, if its all on the government, the result can be tyranny. 

Juliet

True, poizon. Unfortunately there are an absolute asston of failures for parents out there.

To top it all off, the ones that think IUDs don't belong in young women without parental knowledge are perpetuating MORE failure parents.  It's a cycle.

I truly fucking loathe how moronic websites and news sources (ie: faux news) keep posting "Schools are IMPLANTING IUDs in girls as young as six!" .....there is absolutely no "IMPLANTING" of IUDs from schools at all.  The IUD is merely offered to girls as a method of contraception without their parents needing to cover it with their insurance.

They go to a doctor to receive it.  Schools don't fucking train IUD deployment teams; I wish these idiots would stop acting as though schools are touching their daughters vaginas.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Juliet

Quote from: Sun-Tzu on July 09, 2015, 03:19:42 PM
Quote from: Juliet on July 09, 2015, 10:29:29 AMSpoken like a true religious nut.
Yet, before I even leave the island, a helicopter or a boat shows up.  I'm not going to paddle home just to prove something; I would see the boat or helicopter as something God sent to me, yet having full faith that God can bring me home any way He wanted to.

Dumb.

Plus it encourages you to thank something that doesn't exist instead of truly be grateful for the hard work and selfless nature of the people who actually rescue you.

Why bother having rescue teams at all?  God either saves people who are drowning or he doesn't. It has nothing to do with people!  It's all God's plan!  Also, SINCE God has a 'plan', who are you to pray for any change to his plan?

Dumb.

I'm done posting here. This topic is a waste of my time and energy.  You won't make any headway with me, I very obviously will never EVER agree with you.  We can agree to disagree.  I will also continue to be disdainful of the unfortunate fact that stupid people will continue to breed.

Bonaparte

Quote from: Juliet on July 09, 2015, 06:40:58 PM

Plus it encourages you to thank something that doesn't exist instead of truly be grateful for the hard work and selfless nature of the people who actually rescue you.

Why bother having rescue teams at all?  God either saves people who are drowning or he doesn't. It has nothing to do with people!  It's all God's plan!  Also, SINCE God has a 'plan', who are you to pray for any change to his plan?

Not true.  I would be very thankful for the people as well.  But, first and foremost, I would be thankful to God, because He is God.  Concerning rescue teams, God uses people to accomplish His purposes.   The Christian faith does not see God as some distant being that is uninvolved with us.  Btw, He does exist, and I hope one day you will see how much He really loves you.   

Guts

I don't believe in god but rather a giant set of titties. You can squeeze the titties and suck those titties too. They are majestic titties...epically awesome titties. They are found in the sky, in a place called Titopolis. Only the good Guapo's go there.

I also believe in a giant red monkey boner that is found deep, deep in the earth, where it's super muggy...or cold....I forget. All the bad Guapo's go there, it's caller Redrocketville. In Redrocketville the giant red monkey boner thrust into your face and pushes into your nose and makes your eyes water. It sucks...I think...I forget.

All glory to Titopolis. PRAISE TO THE TITTIES.