News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

-[EVIL]- Skillz |Like Magic|

Started by Doyle Wolfgang, November 25, 2012, 04:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle Wolfgang

hello everyone. I'm begging you Admins, please add some more maps to -[EVIL]- Skillz server because some players has been asking for it such as Son Goku or .wing, and try fix the server in order to keep it from crashing everytime when switching map. thanks.
:)

aFF

if you'll let me know what maps are crashing the server, i'll remove them. If you dont have all of the files required for a map, it will cause it to crash the server. That's most likely the issue.

what kind of maps are you wanting added? conc maps or what? I might have a few conc maps.

p0izon

The issue with the crashing isn't the maps, it's the plugin(s). Because after the server has crashed you can do a manual change to the map that just crashed it and it would load just fine.

I add new maps often as I come across them on other servers. Every time I get asked about new maps it's the same thing "have you added any new maps?" to which my answer is normally "no", but I rarely get requests for specific maps.. People just want new maps, period. I removed a ton of maps when I set the new Skillz server up that really only cater to the elite group of concers. Which we don't get, of course other than Son Goku lately. I guess I can re-add them.

Doyle Wolfgang

let me make a list of all maps that we want to play, then I will send it to you. Well, if you guys can fix the issue with server crashing that would be great. And... about son goku and others, they just want to play some hardest maps, around 3 or 4 hardest maps would be fine or I think so. Thank you anyways

pig

QuoteThe issue with the crashing isn't the maps, it's the plugin(s). Because after the server has crashed you can do a manual change to the map that just crashed it and it would load just fine.
whaaaaaaat? When i try to change maps to one that crashes the server, the server goesdown for about 10 secs, and reloads with the defualt concmap_r. If i try again, the same scenario happens. Unless you mean we should disable the plugins before changing.

Btw, please add mulch_dm and ass_dm to the skillz playlist. Ya i know those arent concing maps, but they are still "skill" maps, and a lot of skill servers have those maps.

Doyle Wolfgang

Ok, here is my list:

Hard maps:
concmap_boss
concmap_boss2
concmap_trojan
concmap_exist
concmap_exist3

Medium maps:

conc_rocky
conc_wub
conc_totoro
conc_quickie
concmap_esad
concmap_esad1
concmap_esad2
concmap_esad3
concmap_esad4
concmap_esad5
concmap_esad6
concmap_esad7
concmap_esad8
concmap_esad9
concmap_esad10
concmap_esad11

Can you p0izon add those maps please?. Thank you :D

p0izon

Quote from: pig on November 27, 2012, 01:46:20 PM
QuoteThe issue with the crashing isn't the maps, it's the plugin(s). Because after the server has crashed you can do a manual change to the map that just crashed it and it would load just fine.
whaaaaaaat? When i try to change maps to one that crashes the server, the server goesdown for about 10 secs, and reloads with the defualt concmap_r. If i try again, the same scenario happens. Unless you mean we should disable the plugins before changing.

Btw, please add mulch_dm and ass_dm to the skillz playlist. Ya i know those arent concing maps, but they are still "skill" maps, and a lot of skill servers have those maps.

You could technically add any map and say it's a "skill" map. But I'd say those fall more under deathmatch (dm duh). I'll add them though.

As for the crashing, if you have names of maps that don't load at all let me know so I can remove them. As far as I know they all work once the map is changed manually.

pig

You dont consider them to be maps that fit on the skillz server???

And also, im losing you, what do you mean by changing map manually?

p0izon

The server crashes often after the map changes from a RTV or end of map vote. Doing an amx_map mapname (manual map change) to the map that just crashed would load just fine.