News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Second Fun/Adventure Problem

Started by ShouldBeNew_, December 20, 2014, 02:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShouldBeNew_

Hello, everybody!
I just got Team Fortress Classic on Steam just a month ago but while trying to join the maps that have custom models all i get is this:

Could somebody please tell me what can i do?

Elitesse

Try to find that model on the Internet, and place it in the Odels/player/naruto folder. I have that model but I don't know where to upload it.

ShouldBeNew_

Quote from: Elitesse on December 20, 2014, 03:04:45 PM
Try to find that model on the Internet, and place it in the Odels/player/naruto folder. I have that model but I don't know where to upload it.
Does not work since then it shows that gdels/player/naruto/naruto.mdl is missing.

Elitesse

Uh, try to delete the Odel folder and redownload everything while connecting to the server. I never had that problem so I don't know a good solution for it!

Elitesse

Elitesse

Why is it Odels/player/naruto? It should be called models/player/naruto

ShouldBeNew_

Quote from: Elitesse on December 20, 2014, 03:38:29 PM
Why is it Odels/player/naruto? It should be called models/player/naruto
It is models/player/naruto.
And i do not know what's the Odels thing because it always goes different.

Elitesse

Maybe the Odels folder was created by a Fun/Adv map and it is not required to play in other maps. Can you connect to Fun/Adv?

ShouldBeNew_

Quote from: Elitesse on December 20, 2014, 03:42:29 PM
Maybe the Odels folder was created by a Fun/Adv map and it is not required to play in other maps. Can you connect to Fun/Adv?
Why would the Odels folder be created by a Fun/Adv map? I get this on each map that has custom models.
Deleting and redownloading the model didn't work.
Adding odels, gdels and dels did not work.

Elitesse

Certain maps use custom models, and they usually place them in a custom folder in your models directory. I suggest reinstalling the game if you don't mind losing all your downloaded maps, otherwise wait for someone else's solution.

Master

This is a bug, do you know what map this occured on?

ShouldBeNew_

Quote from: Master on December 20, 2014, 05:40:30 PM
This is a bug, do you know what map this occured on?
I don't know on what map this has occured on, sorry.
But whenever i delete the naruto.mdl and then get it redownloaded i still get the dels/ error thingy.

Master

type version into your game console and paste that info into this thread when you can, I will have to look into this later.

ShouldBeNew_

Quote from: Master on December 21, 2014, 02:30:59 AM
type version into your game console and paste that info into this thread when you can, I will have to look into this later.

Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.2/Stdio (tfc)
Exe build: 13:14:12 Aug 29 2013 (6153)