News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

dustbowl

Started by .dub, June 09, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.dub

Why was dustbowl taken off the back to basics server?

.dub

please put it back on with the rest of the adl maps.

TinMan

Hard to imagine TFC without Dustbowl...

Swede

We have a Dustbowl server up and running.

p0izon

TinMan

Yes I know there is A dustbowl (ONLY) server. But I do like mixing it in along with other maps. And the Dustbowl server is usually empty.I have tried populating it. But just cant't seem to get people to stay long. Maybe because there are No Neo add ons there ? IDK

p0izon

I definitely agree with that argument. I believe this is a topic we need to address as a whole in the next clan meeting.

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Eric

I miss too, we'll work about this for the next clan meeting.

Saleen219

seems to me, and im not pointing fingers here, that when master was doing a bunch of stuff a while back that caused the url to change a few times, people stop going in droves to that server.

Afaik nothing has changed since then so unless people just couldnt be bothered to go back, removed the dustbowl server from their favs, or just deleted it - dunno but ya we need to get that server running again.

I dont mind dustbowl once in a while, but - we DO have a DB server so never did understand having the map on BZ lol.

p0izon

The server IP changed at one point & the plugin that allowed non-steam players to connect wasn't working correctly if I remember correctly. Some players weren't able to connect to/see the server anymore. That basically killed the server's activity.

From what I was able to see and test for myself was the non-steam client didn't allow you to add favorites or even browse server listing. I had to manually enter IP addresses to connect. Don't know if that's changed, but back then that was the case.

By the time it was fixed, most players had given up on trying to go there. I also think ANBU clan's disappearance had something to do with it. They were the ones who were constantly in there playing.

Master

pig

Imo, just because there is a dustbowl server running doesn't mean it should be taken off of the rotation of another server.

Dustbowl is one of those maps where it cannot be extended for an infinite timeframe. The map automatically ends at 26mins, so I doubt leaving it on a server rotation should be a huge problem.