News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

mesa_v3 @ Pizza

Started by Angi, May 01, 2021, 02:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angi

"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

pizzahut

Added to HLTV, BZ and allowed nominations. The fast download is using one of those AFAIK.

Edit: Looks good, I've replaced 2mesa3 in the default nominations with this one.

Angi

Map was played and looks good :)
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

Gimpy

y0sh

I´ve checked this map. Looks much better than the 2mesa3 version.
Pizza you wrote you would replace it for the 2mesa3 version but you crossed it out. Is there a reason for?

Master

Quote from: Yosh on May 08, 2021, 05:46:49 PM
Pizza you wrote you would replace it for the 2mesa3 version but you crossed it out. Is there a reason for?
Because you can't replace the OG's, also it sets a really bad precedent that anyone can just drop a link in here and get there map 'submitted' and uploaded to the servers, potentially leaving us legally liable if someone is deciding to test their new rootkit because we already know anything is possible with enough time

2mesa3 is too timeless for a replacement
discord does not provide us enough legal protection to prove the author intends to distribute the map.

pizzahut

Quote from: Yosh on May 08, 2021, 05:46:49 PM
With Master having concerns about new maps in general, I looked more critically at it.

What I don't like gameplay-wise (not looks) is how the walls are shaped. There's an obstacle every few meters, so e.g. you can't wall-strafe for more than a bit (which could be preferred since it avoids the jumping noise, foot steps remain of course unless reducing speed). Probably a bit easier to defend if the flag is close to one of those walls (as concing into a flag wouldn't get you far).

Not sure about the other changes, they aren't really issues but differences which may be accepted more or less.

E.g. the button to open the gate, which can only be used by the enemy team. The button can be defended. However if there's a tele in the water tunnel, defence needs to get there from the other end of the tunnel.

One ladder less in the water means a slight advantage for defence (sometimes). And if you're used to there being two ladders, you miss the extra seconds you save if you're on the "wrong" side.

In summary, not sure if myth_mesa_v3 matches 2mesa3 gameplay-wise, how well it's accepted beyond looking pretty. It can still be nominated, though I guess it's primarily admins who even know about this new "mesa" version being on BZ.

For future map changes I guess it needs a bit time before even uploading a map, so Master or HC members can veto (or approve).