News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Emit_r

Started by Nuggs, January 05, 2021, 09:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

Emit_r is currently setup as the next map to change to  after the attacker's capture the final command point in dustbowl style maps.

Is it possible to setup a rotation for this?

Dustbowl has been pretty popular lately, and since the attackers tend cap it out we've been going to emit often and most players either RQ or we rtv as quickly as possible.

Not a big deal but would be nice to have it go to something other then emit_r every time.

pizzahut

I guess the first map in "mapcycle.txt" is used. So I suppose it could be changed there to something else.

Gimpy

I'm all for the change... if it must he a picked map, I say let the community pick

Master

Quote from: pizzahut on January 05, 2021, 11:18:35 AM
I guess the first map in "mapcycle.txt" is used (not sure but it seems plausible). So I suppose it could be changed there to something else. That's something for Master or High Council members to decide though.
Many different things at play, the next map after dustbowl maps IS decided by mapcycle.txt, however mapcycle.txt is not properly followed because of the RTV, the mapcycle.txt maps were chosen as 'unique' maps that players will at least put up with without complaining that it is/isn't 2fort after dustbowl/sandbowl maps.

That being said, I don't have much of an opinion on changing the maps in mapcycle.txt, the real question is what maps do people like that aren't already played all the time?

Guts

pizzahut

By rotation I think Nuggs means that the next map after dustbowl changes, ideally each time dustbowl is played.

So what could be done is cycling the order of the maps inside "mapcycle.txt". Doing this every time when dustbowl is played could be a bit complicated, so maybe cycling the map order once per day would do.

The super easy solution would be random sort. Downside: There can be repetition.

shuf mapcycle_ordered.txt >mapcycle.txt

For an actual cycle there's head and tail.

egrep --colour=never "^(\w|-)+$" mapcycle.txt >map_names_only.txt
tail +2 map_names_only.txt >mapcycle.txt
head -1 map_names_only.txt >>mapcycle.txt

FjS

I think "well" would be a perfect map for after dustbowl. It's probably (I think) one of the most popular maps that isn't 2fort.

Nuggs

Quote from: pizzahut on January 05, 2021, 04:15:36 PM
By rotation I think Nuggs means that the next map after dustbowl changes, ideally each time dustbowl is played.

So what could be done is cycling the order of the maps inside "mapcycle.txt". Doing this every time when dustbowl is played could be a bit complicated, so maybe cycling the map order once per day would do.

The super easy solution would be random sort. Downside: There can be repetition.

shuf mapcycle_ordered.txt >mapcycle.txt

For an actual cycle there's head and tail.

egrep --colour=never "^(\w|-)+$" mapcycle.txt >map_names_only.txt
tail +2 map_names_only.txt >mapcycle.txt
head -1 map_names_only.txt >>mapcycle.txt

That's exactly what I was talking about pizzahut

If there already is a maplist.txt setup with a rotation then it seems to me your proposed solution would work. A coin flip a a different map is better then no chance at all

pizzahut

Rotation is now active, once every 24h the map after dustbowl changes.

Per requests, added "well", removed "emit", 2fort only once.

openfire_lowgrens
siege
schtop
2fort
troy2
alchimy_l2
phantom
well
shutdown2

So first day it's openfire after dustbowl, next day dustbowl is followed by siege, and so on.

Gimpy

Thanks pizzahut - You rock

Nuggs

That's perfect, good stuff pizzahut

Thanks guys for getting this done