News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Question about server rule

Started by Maniac, December 26, 2020, 05:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maniac

Hello,

Are you allowed to place sg in the rr on 2 fort ?  I was under the impression you could but the sg could not be facing the spawn door.  Anyways I was banned today for doing so.  I thought since the sg was back by the ele entrance it was ok ?  Would of been nice to be asked to not build it there but alas ! I think some people just have issues to be honest.

Thanks for the time :)

Guts

Sir Maniac, I would say as long as you can exit the respawn not get shot immediately and get to the sniper deck, that sounds like fair play. Basically the sg would be on the catwalk to elevator, not at the top of the ramp on the second floor.

However, I didn't do the ban and I wasn't there so we have to wait on the banning admin.

Gimpy

You weren't banned for your poor taste of SG locations, you were banned for the ridiculous number of EMPs you threw at the spawn while you were there.

Maniac

I completely disagree about tossing excessive emps at the spawn... I play on the server often and know better.  But if Gimpy says I was then maybe I was. I would think a little more class could be used knowing that I play fair.  Maybe a simple warning or hey man you are using to many nades at spawn.  Everybody was having a good time except the guy who was giving no warnings and just banning people.  Just ban me for good if you don't want me there playing.  I used to be an admin, and find it just silly the way Gimpy acts sometimes.  But that is just my personal opinion.  So many of the other admins act reasonable.

Thank you for answering my question about the sg location, because until then I had no idea what the ban was for.

Happy Holidays !!

Gimpy

I watched you throw eight or so EMPs at the spawn after I went to spec (you hit a bind after a big kill, and I was curious if you were blasting the spawn).

Also, it was a team full of newbs who barely knew how to leave it. Getting all those kills, you said something like I gotz 5 on it bragging about your spawn spam.

I was harsher on you because being an old admin you should know that trollish behavior is not acceptable. If you're going to play like a troll, I won't have to ban you, we have other admins.

Nuggs

Pretty weak to drop a 3 day ban without warning, especially on one of the upstanding server regulars like maniac. Lots of these server rules are subjective to the individual admin and it's impossible to know you're crossing the line unless told.

Also if 2fort wasn't in the map rotation we never would have had this problem

Gimpy