News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Handling of Harassment

Started by BluPhoenix, October 27, 2020, 07:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluPhoenix

Stop accusing veterans of cheating.

Tonight, for the second occasion, I was being harassed by a player of lesser skill and being accused of cheating. Though I know I should take this as a compliment and roll on, I don't hold myself to the higher standards that clan members hold themselves to, so I mouthed off to him about it. (Sorry.) The gentleman then proceeds to (As he did a few weeks ago in the first occurrence of this harassment) start running his mouth making some crazy vulgar comments about things that he does to my mother. (Go read the chat logs, I'll spare you.)

Here's the deal. I get it, you want peace on your server, and me capping back at him when he accused me of cheating didn't endorse that philosophy---But I shouldn't be expected to simply be silent when someone's trash talking me. Part of the game is competition, and part of competition is trash talk. Accuse me of cheating because I'm owning you, and I'm going to let you know that you're bad and that you're stupid.

Again, let me reiterate, this wasn't the first time this person has started problems with me on your server. GIMPY was on the server tonight and diffused the situation, and instructed this person to upload a demo as "Evidence" against me, on the forums.

When this demo is uploaded, I hope I see it. I'll enjoy the laugh. lol_face

Angi

GM Blu! :) <3 Whoever that was , was / is lucky , that i wasnt online as he did this to you! THIS!! is a problem we have so many times , that average skilled players get annoyed of not stopping our veterans /skilled players, that i would just love to explode in their faces vurbaly as also NOT LADYLIKE !!!!!! .THAT kind of behavior we / i do not tolarate . I think i can speak here for all of us, whom know you , and for all our veterans who still love this game and keep it alive! You and all the veterans are always welcome, dont let them get under ur skin whom try to make you feel bad about your skill . And i for myself , as you know me ;)..i will give you a smartass comment , to push ur button! ..LOL You good Blu, dont let anybody tell you diffrently. Stay safe! :)
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

Gimpy

When I left to read the chatlogs, I stopped reading when you called him retarded.

The only choice I felt I had then was to punish neither of you, or both of you. He would've gotten it worse as his chat was much worse (talking about sexual acts with your mother).

Nuggs

Imagine getting butthurt over name calling in a 20 year old game.

Here's a tip, press tab, click on the player's name to mute chat/text.

Problem solved.

Gimpy

Also also... no demo has been posted yet.

BluPhoenix

It wasn't that I was originally offended by the name calling, it was the fact that this is repeated harassment that I've dealt with from this dude on your server. That's what pissed me off. And, to sit and say "Imagine getting butthurt over name calling in a 20 year old game" is ignorant. Evil is the only pub I enjoy playing on, and this guy's accusations, with this being a repeated occurrence, made me worry that someone would end up banning me and kill my ability to play tfc. That's the biggest reason I took offense. Also, thanks to TFC being stupid, sometimes I can't click on the tab list to even mute people.. So there's that.

Also, Gimpy, You have a problem with the word retarded, so you just dropped investigating any further? Interesting.

Need to put in the MOTD that the server is a PC SAFE SPACE.

Gimpy

I'm sorry that this isn't in the MOTD on the server, but I believe there was some sort of issue linked with it that crashed our server...

https://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,3756.0.html
Quote from: Master on December 31, 2015, 06:00:00 PM
[No Excessive Language]    No excessive use of sexist/racist/vulgar language. We are adults, not trolls.

While I wouldn't normally punish someone for calling some else retarded (as there may be a few of those under my belt as well). But once I got through two pages of you both going back and forth, that was where I stopped reading.

He definitely was breaking this rule. He talks to you like that again ( "IM IN YOUR MOMMAS ROOM PUNDING HER AQSS." ) - just let me know. I promise you a week long ban for him.

Bishop

Blu, Gimpy is the one dealing with this issue so this is up to him.  But if it makes you feel better I read through the chat logs and would consider Iceman's chat clearly excessive and deserving of a ban.  While you were trash talking a bit, I didn't see anything I would consider excessive and actually think you were surprising calm given the severity of Iceman's comments about your mother. 

Gimpy, if you haven't already, please read through the full chat-log and compare what each said do before making a final determination.   

Gimpy

Bishop, I did read the logs after the fact... Blu calling Iceman a retard was the worst of it from... which wasn't bad, that just happens to be where I stopped.

I'll agree with you though... Iceman needs some time off. I won't be in for about 12 hours though if someone else wants to take care of it.

Nuggs

QuoteAlso, thanks to TFC being stupid, sometimes I can't click on the tab list to even mute people.. So there's that.

OK fair point, I hate that bug too, especially when quaz somehow gets unmuted and I can't block it, so I just have to suffer through his insane/ignorant/racist/low IQ chat.

Sometimes if you press shift and click anywhere on the GUI it will re-enable the  ability to click on the scoreboard and mute users. There is also a file called voiceban in the TFC folder you can try and delete and see if that fixes it

BluPhoenix

Thanks guys. And Nugg's I'll try that and see if it helps at all.

I appreciate everyone.

Angi

"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/