News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

RTV issues

Started by TwatWaffle, August 19, 2020, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwatWaffle

So it seems that if you RTV after the vote has been initiated you can fubar the map vote and the server randomly picks a map over riding the vote, it also seems like other people are aware of this issue and actively fucking up the mapvote and RTVing after the vote has begun. Can we also get demoman limit set to 1 on xpress2k4 since every no talent hack that plays seems to just want to pipe jump, spam 2 mirvs into the enemy respawn and suicide over and over.

ocd

TW: That map requires the utmost skill and precision...

WHO would nominate such a HIGH SKILL MAP (all the time), when those 'no talent' dregs are on...? HMM?

Cheers
ocd

Master

Everyone knows xpress2k4 isn't fun with less than 20 players

Cookie | LiTE

Quote from: Master on August 20, 2020, 06:50:52 AM
Everyone knows xpress2k4 isn't fun with less than 20 players

^

Nuggs

Lol love that map and yes there used to be cr_demoman -1 which was even more whack since you need at least one demo to pipe flag

Xpress is best played with 20+ people with four mirv classes per side obvs

Also can we please bring back coast2?

Thanks

MrCoala

Quote from: TwatWaffle on August 19, 2020, 01:28:14 PM
So it seems that if you RTV after the vote has been initiated you can fubar the map vote and the server randomly picks a map over riding the vote, it also seems like other people are aware of this issue and actively fucking up the mapvote and RTVing after the vote has begun.

I am aware of that problem. Actually two votes will be initiated and one menu overlaps the other. So the vote will go to the menu option of the "first" menu leading to mass confusion.
Another issue is that if there is a tie-vote and you didn't vote for on the first menu and press for example 4 (while the tie vote only has two options) the system will count your vote on map of the first vote leading to even more confusion.
The rtv system we use is pretty complex and thus hard to alter. We need to switch to a rtv system which fits our needs. Sadly this means that we need to write out own one which could take some time. In the meantime we will try to prevent these vote menu "overlappings" (which still will take a fair amount of time because of the amount of code behind that plugin)

Master

whenever the tie breaker vote comes up, I press 3 to extend the current map.  :-X

Gimpy

Quote from: Master on August 20, 2020, 03:12:40 PM
whenever the tie breaker vote comes up, I press 3 to extend the current map.  :-X

I did it by accident and crashed the server a month ago or so

Master

Quote from: Gimpy on August 20, 2020, 05:34:06 PM

I've done it a few times with no side effects, of course nobody is stupid enough to vote with me to see what would happen

Cookie | LiTE

Quote from: Master on August 21, 2020, 07:42:24 AM
Quote from: Gimpy on August 20, 2020, 05:34:06 PM

I've done it a few times with no side effects, of course nobody is stupid enough to vote with me to see what would happen

I remember seeing one of those votes pass, if i recall, if any vote wins that isn't on the list it will randomly pick one of the 2 maps that are shown (or pick the one that won on the list.)

FjS

Before we had run off voting, I don't think there was ever a problem with map voting? Maybe we could switch back for now?