News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

well....

Started by Mocay, March 27, 2020, 05:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mocay

So the situation in my country is getting everyday darker, above 2000 deaths already and i wanted to know the situation in the US, since Trump is the president basically 100% of what's in the news is basically bullshit, so i wanted to know directly form american citizens. hope we get trough this shit quick... most of my country profit comes from torusim, so you can imagine how's the economical situation here...i've been doing some quick maths, and numbers are pretty scary, made it with round numbers, 50.000 (cases) while having 3.000 (casualties) that makes 6% of it, my country has a population of (aprox) 50.000.000, 6% of 50kk = 3.000.000, if this shit spreads to the whole country... well, pretty much everybody would have to bury a relative. ofc you have shitload of variables to consider in this calculation, but as i said, it was just some quick maths. jesus. (lol from when i first posted, my data were 2000 casualties, when i checked i had 1 fucking thousand more than i knew previously) please everybody, listen to expert's advices, stay at home, wash your hands, avoid social shit. apart from that, good luck.

Gimpy

Moacy,

Can you see this topic..?

https://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,8248.15.html

We're already talking about it. America is now #1 in the world (85,000 cases), and Trump is pretending it's no big deal.

Here in Canada, we have a whopping 4000 cases, and a population of 37,000,000. With so little as that, we have basically shut down everything we can in the country. I'm a military instructor who teaches basic recruits. I sent my students home this week until "1 May" is what my uppers are telling me... I laughed and said I'd see them in September.

STAY THE FUCK HOME AND PLAY TFC!

Mocay

yeah i've been doing some digging, and most entertaining, hateful and sad it has been, right now (at least in my country as far as i can tell) it isn't moment to do politics out of this crisis but to support our politicians and true heroes (police, firefighters, militaries, sanitaries amongst others). if any president is doing stupid shit as many of them did or are doing, in my opinion sooner or later others with more criteria will take over (army), as i was talking to Angi earlier, as soon as this crisis is over will be the moment to argue about irresponsabilities, not right now, for that will just cripple our governors cappabilities of actually handling the crisis, there will be MASSIVE political resignations ALL around the world, example close to me, the leader of the "non-declared" communist party, as much as this hurts me to say it, my vicepresident, organized a massive manifestation of 8 MILLION people when Covid was already spreading in my country, that son of a bitch will be the first one to fall, that's for damn sure. keep  in touch everybody! good luck to everyone and stay safe and healthy!

Angi

Quote from: Gimpy on March 27, 2020, 05:58:41 AM
Moacy,

Can you see this topic..?

https://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,8248.15.html

We're already talking about it. America is now #1 in the world (85,000 cases), and Trump is pretending it's no big deal.

Here in Canada, we have a whopping 4000 cases, and a population of 37,000,000. With so little as that, we have basically shut down everything we can in the country. I'm a military instructor who teaches basic recruits. I sent my students home this week until "1 May" is what my uppers are telling me... I laughed and said I'd see them in September.

STAY THE FUCK HOME AND PLAY TFC!

GJ Gimpy! :)

"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

onslaught

It saddens me how many of my friends are not using their critical thinking skills with regards to COVID-19. They are looking at things without any context. They are accepting things at face value. I posted my own views, but it feels like a losing battle to try and fight against the popular view.
"The corona hype is not based on any extraordinary public health danger. However, it causes considerable damage to our freedom and personal rights through frivolous and unjustified quarantine measures and restrictions." - Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

Gimpy

My brothers fiance had a death in her family last week

Her normally healthy (but 70 year old) aunt showed signs on a fever one day. She died in an ambulance the next morning, positive with COVID19.

Angi

Omg! :(
Condolences from my side !
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

SpartanB312

Well, your country is not the only one. Sorry, I haven't practiced my english in a long time.  México doesn´t have a lot of cases, but I don't think it takes a lot of time for being worse than USA.
it´s simple, people here are really idiot, they don´t listen to the government, they think COVID-19 is NOT real... They think it's just an invention of the OMS  (World Health Organization, in spanish, lol), to take control over the people. Or just some strategy to scare the people. This is very lame, recently some bastards killed 3 nurses and 2 doctors for fear to get contracting the virus, they throw chlorine or alcohol to the medic personal, they don't let them use public transport, they hit them or even kill them...
The president is using some amulets against the virus, people make parties, they go to eat pizza, to the beach, vacations. They believe in the seer (the bitch with the cards and a magic ball), the famous people of the country is saying the COVID is not real (a lot of followers believe in them).
But, don't say anything about the religion 'cause they can kill you in front of the childrens. They belive in this guys "Narcos" 'cuase they are giving them food or some shit.  Fucking Moroons.  it´s really annoying, but I see why this country is so fucked up. And I'm not done yet... :/
BTW, the memes are great LOL.
But, in other cases, like me and my family, we have to work 'cause the paid is not enough, and we have to go out 'cause is necessary to survive the day, pay water, energy, internet and that shit. And I'm not that bad, there's people in a worst situation and I'm sorry for them, they're the most vulnerable now. I wish you all the best.
Take care guys:D

SpartanB312

Quote from: SpartanB312 on May 09, 2020, 07:55:39 PM
Well, your country is not the only one. Sorry, I haven't practiced my english in a long time.  México doesn´t have a lot of cases, but I don't think it takes a lot of time for being worse than USA.
it´s simple, people here are really idiot, they don´t listen to the government, they think COVID-19 is NOT real... They think it's just an invention of the OMS  (World Health Organization, in spanish, lol), to take control over the people. Or just some strategy to scare the people. This is very lame, recently some bastards killed 3 nurses and 2 doctors for fear to get contracting the virus, they throw chlorine or alcohol to the medic personal, they don't let them use public transport, they hit them or even kill them...
The president is using some amulets against the virus, people make parties, they go to eat pizza, to the beach, vacations. They believe in the seer (the bitch with the cards and a magic ball), the famous people of the country is saying the COVID is not real (a lot of followers believe in them).
But, don't say anything about the religion 'cause they can kill you in front of the childrens. They belive in this guys "Narcos" 'cuase they are giving them food or some shit.  Fucking Moroons.  it´s really annoying, but I see why this country is so fucked up. And I'm not done yet... :/
BTW, the memes are great LOL.
But, in other cases, like me and my family, we have to work 'cause the paid is not enough, and we have to go out 'cause is necessary to survive the day, pay water, energy, internet and that shit. And I'm not that bad, there's people in a worst situation and I'm sorry for them, they're the most vulnerable now. I wish you all the best.
Take care guys:D
Oh, I forgot to say that the supermarkets are even more expensives than before. Mother Fuckers.

onslaught

Corona viruses do kill people, it's just, the handful of us who are well-informed on the topic aren't excited about it like people are in the media because we understand how few people are dying in reality from Corona viruses (including COVID-19, which has been given an exotic name but hasn't done anything special to justify the exotic name distinction) because we understand the historical scientific context of Corona viruses and read everything we can find on the Corona viruses (I use pubmed mostly for research, people also keep sending me interesting links).

However, the propaganda machine is becoming more efficient even with how you can be violently attacked for questioning the crisis and ridiculous panic about it. Mexicans may hold out longer due to their superior average sense of corruption at all levels (except perhaps in your case, since you seem to be disparaging the people questioning the propaganda), but your government will likely enact the same restrictions the US gov't has enacted, and the consent needed to enact such measures will be fueled by the omnipresent propaganda.

The civil liberties like freedom of assembly in America have already been under threat since this ridiculous panic, but I don't think the average person sees the connection between the blatant propaganda and how gov'ts are using the fear-paralysis to do things they never would've been allowed to do otherwise. Anyone who wants to call me an idiot or conspiracy theorist, I've been called worse. Also, I try to ignore the Corona BS, but it's just hard to ignore, it's everywhere. The propaganda is everywhere you look. It's quite tiresome. No, this doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for people dying from Corona viruses, obviously that is tragic. Having a sense of perspective is an important thing to have especially with regards to the Corona viruses. People who passively accept what they are given instead of proactively researching on their own and questioning everything, are highly suggestible and prone to being driven in any way the wind will blow.

My words aren't meant to convince anyone of the truth who don't already understand it, only to defend those that speak it.
"The corona hype is not based on any extraordinary public health danger. However, it causes considerable damage to our freedom and personal rights through frivolous and unjustified quarantine measures and restrictions." - Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

Gimpy

Say what you will about government corruption. I won't argue that... Canada has now made "assault weapons" illegal. Federal law passed out of the blue with a giant list of now illegal weapons. This is worrisome.

COVID is real... I have medical military friends who are now deployed to parts of Quebec to support old age homes with hundreds of COVID+ cases. The staff are all home, sick, COVID+. Hundreds of patients are dying.

onslaught

Gimpy, I respect your viewpoint, even if we may disagree on some details. I wasn't aware of the assault ban while everyone was distracted with the virus and do agree it's worrying amongst other civil liberty breaches. The citizenry need to be able to have the opportunity to arm themselves if need be, in worst case, if their government becomes too tyrannical.

I don't deny that there are people dying from Corona viruses, especially the elderly and people with weakened immune systems, and health workers getting sick is very logical as well given the stressful environment and working around sick people 24/7.

In hospitals and nursing homes, it would make more sense to see a higher infection rate and death rate. There is also other factors that can kill people in a hospital setting that go underreported for instance, giving patients pure oxygen. Many hospitals used to give patients a combination of Co2 and oxygen and they had a higher survival rate.

For whatever reason many have stopped that practice. What I am saying isn't news because there are biologists that have been making that point for a while. What my larger point here is, all things which kill people when they are weakest, must be examined, particularly the medical textbooks which teach that carbon dioxide is a mere wasteful product and of no medical use (despite the widespread therapeutic potential of Co2 in medicine, the physiologist Yandell Henderson was one of the first people to note its therapeutic properties).

I do think our medical system in a lot of ways is broken and I'm not sure if reform is possible. When sick people go in and you expect them to come out they can lose their life due to the wrong decision being made, so that's another factor that I think goes underreported in the news especially with regards to Corona deaths. I do think some of the health practices used in hospital settings deserve more scrutiny, for example over-use of ventilators in people who have difficulty breathing on their own: https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/06/covid19-are-ventilators-killing-people/

On a more positive note, I have read some research that the antiangiotensin drug Losartan and Ritanserin have been used successfully in randomized controlled trials to treat severely ill people with COVID-19, particularly by the Chinese. I am interested in solutions to disease and sickness in general and believe people blindly panicking and worrying they are going to die from Corona (especially when they are in otherwise good health) is not helping the issue.

I think the first principle should be to keep ourselves healthy, the immune system is the first and only line of defense. I don't think any drug will provide such a benefit as strengthening the immune system more than living in an a healthy environment eating good nutritious foods. If the medical system is looking for treatments and cures instead of encouraging the patients own strategies and inner reserves (preventative stratieges as opposed to bandaid treatments -- holistic thinking), what you often end up having is a more medically dependent, sick-preserving as in extending the dying window but not health-preserving culture. As the great social critic and critic of the medical industrial complex Ivan Illich noted in Medical Nemesis, "The new experience that has replaced dignified suffering is artificially prolonged, opaque, depersonalized maintenance.... Modern medicine is a negation of health. It isn't organised to serve human health, but only itself, as an institution. It makes more people sick than it heals. Healthy people are those who live in healthy homes on a healthy diet; in an environment equally fit for birth, growth work, healing, and dying... Healthy people need no bureaucratic interference to mate, give birth, share the human condition and die."

In other words, he argued, the environment was the primary determinant of health, and the individuals nutrition and healthy environment was key in allowing them to live in an independent dignified life that didn't require them to artificially prolong their suffering in the austere environment of the cold hospital bed or what-have-you.

Illich's radical thesis was dismissed by mainstream academia and he often doesn't get much mention in academia other than as a historical footnote despite the relevance of his ascerbic criticisms that apply broadly to our modern era of over-medicalization that denies people their individual autonomy, especially at the end of their lives, depersonalizes their suffering, kills them on vast scale annually due to incompetence, and conditions them for dependency. Illich noted the prevelance of medical error in causing death, and it is now the third leading cause of death, behind cancer and heart disease: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

For anyone looking for another great site covering COVID-19 research from a non-biased, more academic POV than covered in the mainstream, besides https://off-guardian.org/ , I recommend https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/. The latter is more written by scientists for scientists (including citizen scientists), Swiss Propaganda Research is an independent non-profit group that examines propaganda and bias in media and reviews scientific research run by academics.

The former site is more written from the perspective of social activists who are concerned about the draconian measures in the UK (Kit Knightley is the man who organized that site and he is an independent journalist) and have done their own investigations compiling testimony from dissident experts of their respective fields on COVID-19.

froob

0 new cases in china, the origin country of the virus.

totally accurate reporting and not fraudulent 100%

China probably is #1 for cases but as usual their corrupt communist government is censoring information.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."