News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Server stats since TFC went F2P

Started by Nuggs, January 23, 2020, 07:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

Nice to see Battlezone has been near full ever since TFC went free to play (for the next 60 days)

Curious how many unique connections have been made since the beginning of f2p ?

We played bounce with 30 people in the server yesterday, something I haven't seen in probably five or six years.

Master

the stats page provides a lot of this useful information:

Tracking 492,246 players (+861 new players last 24h)

For reference.. there's usually only around 100 new uniques a day,a this is an 8x increase.. but it's not really about that, i'm more concerned with how many of these players are enjoying TFC and will stick around.

https://steamcharts.com/app/20

Nuggs

That's pretty neat.

I've never stopped to consider the fact that almost half a million unique steam IDs have connected to evil servers. That's a huge number.

I think you're correct that 99% of the f2p players probably won't purchase the game when the time is up. Most of the reaction I saw in the server yesterday was hating on how old and dated TFC is. Lots of complaints about the huge explosion sprites and not being able to see anything.

A select few players were talking about how nostalgic TFC made them feel even though they had never played it before so perhaps there is hope.

On a side note im glad dustbowl is the default map when the server resets as it seems to draw in lots of players quickly. I know it's also a TF2 map so maybe that helps

Guts

Not that I have many crazy sprites or models or anything, but I think it would help if the stock sprites/models/textures etc where updated so new players could see it in a slightly better light. One of the biggest proponents of people leaving is this generations pertinacity towards graphics rather than gameplay, and maybe if the stock shit was updated it could help. Oh well :/

It's also a higher skill based game than most anything I see today. It sometimes takes years for people to develop into a decent player. Hao/Mocay was dedicated to becoming a good player and it took years to get to the level he plays at now. It takes a ton of fucking time.

Angi

True, noticed this too! Well its time to put on our "Trainer" pants then , to keep some of them ^^ Be nice to those who are new, explain , and yes!!! keep calm and capture the flag :)
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

SyKosis

TFC is veri hard game for the beginners. So they understand the gameplay hard to compared TF2 for them. Just like nades, physcics etc. Only a few players who played this game in the past can back to play anymore. So we are in 2020 brah.

Angi

Quote from: SyKosis on January 24, 2020, 04:20:55 AM
TFC is veri hard game for the beginners. So they understand the gameplay hard to compared TF2 for them. Just like nades, physcics etc. Only a few players who played this game in the past can back to play anymore. So we are in 2020 brah.

It is, true, but nevertheless, IT`S something i am gonna do! Atleast as far as i can! Bish also explained , patiently somethings this morning! Just cuz We EVIL ;)...dont really mean , we r :P
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/