News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

I can't play the game fullscreen at any resolution, zoomed in. Please help.

Started by DAP, January 20, 2020, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAP

I have a steam copy of tfc.

I have to set the game to -windowed to be able to play the game, I only have this issue on my laptop. I have the resolution set to 1080p in the set launch options.

Attached is an image of what the game looks like windowed and what happens when set to fullscreen.

It doesn't matter what the game resolution is set at, the menu is still so zoomed in I can't select anything. When I set the game to fullscreen while on a server, in game it's also zoomed in.

I have tried:

1) messing around with launch settings.
2) messing around with the config file
3) default_fov changes do not fix it.
4) neither does the following guide
"https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340995480"

I recall the issue may have started when I set the graphics to software render but now I am back on -gl (opengl).

Anyone help?

froob

I don't know exactly but I do know that most of my steam games have been doing this recently. I simply just alt tab out, and minimize all of the windows on screen, maybe click around on desktop for a bit, and go back to the game. 9 times out of 10 it works for me.

This might not be the same problem you are having, though.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

pizzahut

For most people just setting the resolution worked, so for fullscreen do you have exactly this (order doesn't matter):

-full -w 1920 -h 1080

You could also try -stretchaspect or -nofbo as launch option.

Full list of options here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options#Command-line_parameters_2

DAP

Thank you for the list. Neither of those have worked I'm afraid.

Bishop

What is the resolution of your laptop monitor?  Could it be less than 1920x1080?

Does full-screen work properly at lower resolutions?

DAP

Laptop resolution is 1080p.

No the fullscreen doesn't work at lower resolutions either. The same thing occurs, except I might see a maybe 2 lines of the menu screen.

Btw just re-installed steam and tfc and the problem is identical.

SyKosis

Try to set up your GPU drives update If its not up to date. And install the latest program of the GPU driver just like NVIDIA whatever you have for your system. Do not forget to check its supported to your system.

DAP

Drivers up to date so that didnt' work.

Unbelievably I found the solution after 3 weeks, it was a steam.exe issue.

I found the solution on the following reddit site.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/9aex1i/steam_client_full_screen_video_is_offcentre/

QuoteFind your Steam.exe file. Right click, properties, compatibility tab, you have to uncheck the "disable display scaling on high dpi settings" box. Once you uncheck it, click ok and restart steam. Videos should be correct size now.

This was for a steam issue (I have no issue with steam). but I checked the disable dispaly scaling on high dpi settings (instead of unchecked) and I can now play tfc fullscreen. So it worked somehow.

Thanks all for your help.

Guts

I play in window mode. I forget the exact res, but its probably half the size of my monitor. Just got used to it from years back. Moral of the story, play in window mode.

Nuggs

Quote from: Guts on January 21, 2020, 06:21:37 PM
I play in window mode. I forget the exact res, but its probably half the size of my monitor. Just got used to it from years back. Moral of the story, play in window mode.

Dude wtf you play in window-mode?

I just can't...actually that would explain a lot

Guts

What does it explain lol? You've peeked my interest :gum: My mouse sens is also through the roof.

Nuggs

Quote from: Guts on January 23, 2020, 05:46:42 PM
What does it explain lol? You've peeked my interest :gum: My mouse sens is also through the roof.

Because you're a goober and only goobers play in windowed mode