News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Bot Helper

Started by Bishop, October 24, 2019, 12:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop

I wrote a plugin so players can initiate a vote to remove/add bots.

Just say
/botvote

A botvote can only be started every 5 minutes.

froob

Funny how this is now a requirement considering how dead the server is.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

pizzahut

Yeah people are playing on Drippy's too much. (Me too, but after the 3rd round of 2fort you really want to play a different map.)

If you idle on Evil (Bz/LG/Vanilla) and invite one or two people, more will join. Alt-Tab if no one joins, use e.g. the Steam server browser's "show server info" feature to check if more people join. (HLSW works too of course.)

Bishop

Froob, if you have a suggestion please state it with an explanation. We don't want people to abuse this ability; how often do we really need to vote on this? Btw, Admins can turn bots on or off at any time if needed.

Quote from: SourceFroob on October 26, 2019, 11:08:44 AM

Angi

The server is dead ? IF YOU say so ^^
And its a nice addon :) ty Bish Used already
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

froob

Honestly I think re-enabling dproto might bring the server back to life. I still don't think dproto was causing the crashing, especially seeing as just after it was disabled the server still crashed far too often.

The player count needs CPR. re-enabling dproto will hopefully result in fuller servers, making newcomers from steam want to stay and play more. that's how I got hooked - playing several rounds on bzone in one sitting with more than 20 players.

Regardless, time is running out. TFC has reached the lowest amount of players ever according to steamcharts. (only goes back to 2013)

I don't really play TFC anymore but I still don't want it to die. Especially Battlezone. it's painful to check in on the website only to see that the servers are consistently empty or below 10 players.

As of right now, the game is on life support. I don't know if dproto would fix anything at all, but I think we're all running out of options.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Guts

Quote from: SourceFroob on October 27, 2019, 09:49:35 PM
Honestly I think re-enabling dproto might bring the server back to life. I still don't think dproto was causing the crashing, especially seeing as just after it was disabled the server still crashed far too often.

The player count needs CPR. re-enabling dproto will hopefully result in fuller servers, making newcomers from steam want to stay and play more. that's how I got hooked - playing several rounds on bzone in one sitting with more than 20 players.

Regardless, time is running out. TFC has reached the lowest amount of players ever according to steamcharts. (only goes back to 2013)

I don't really play TFC anymore but I still don't want it to die. Especially Battlezone. it's painful to check in on the website only to see that the servers are consistently empty or below 10 players.

As of right now, the game is on life support. I don't know if dproto would fix anything at all, but I think we're all running out of options.

This is the year! Not the past 20, but THIS year! Only heard this argument for the past decade+. You definitely know though, not playing anymore.

BZ does well in the mornings into early afternoon, when drippys is a ghost town. Then it does switch later in the day. Plus the 4v4 server during that time is practically full, which has eaten up alot of BZ players who would play later in the day. The people are still there they just play on a different type of server.

The non-steam users caused so many problems that admins had to be basically on call. We don't have that many active admins on the server for that type of influx of insanity imo.

Regardless, it's up to Master what he wants to do with his server and from his past post about dproto it caused problems. I HIGHLY doubt you know more about the problems, from the sidelines, it caused than he does.

froob

I come with no ill will, only suggestions.

Angi

lol_face
THAT, was not a suggestion  :no: :glarestraight: ::)

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

froob

QuoteTHAT, was not a suggestion  :no: :glarestraight: ::)

Not that. Enabling dproto to fix the problem was my suggestion. Thanks for reading the post.

I really just found it funny that the server is so depleted bots are now a problem to matches. (They sort of were before, specifically bot snipers with their godlike aim)

Angi

Not that. Enabling dproto to fix the problem was my suggestion. Thanks for reading the post.  <<<--- yw
Enabling dproto <<-- also to that,something was said, which i didnt need to repeat.
Maybe you should play more , to have a foundated statement / suggestion to have /make
:thinking: :yes:

froob

Quote from: Harley on October 31, 2019, 01:59:34 AM
Not that. Enabling dproto to fix the problem was my suggestion. Thanks for reading the post.  <<<--- yw
Enabling dproto <<-- also to that,something was said, which i didnt need to repeat.
Maybe you should play more , to have a foundated statement / suggestion to have /make
:thinking: :yes:

I've played for a thousand hours, and I still check in and play every few weeks. Just admit that the server isn't doing great these days. Medium-Q, kro, butterbean, p0izon, Hellraiser, slouch, SpartanB312, even VenomousFangs - and dozens more - They all either stopped playing entirely or play rarely. Even Master, YOUR leader -- the server owner -- literally never plays the game. A year and a half ago Bzone had players practically all day, because dproto was still enabled and the freeloaders from other countries could play. Now it's only ass crack morning or late at night when there's a possibility of players.

I know how this game works, I do know how people feel about the situation. So many people on drippys say they prefer bzone for it's map selection but it's never active. Some are even good friends, like robofish.

You said I didn't have any suggestions, which was dead wrong. You didn't read my post.

I do have a founded statement. I came here originally to comment on how ludicrous it was for there needing to be a system to remove bots because games are so low in players they are more of a nuisance than an asset, especially on maps with terrain the AI is unfamiliar with for them to navigate.

Why did you even chime in? It would seem you just wanted to irritate me. I get it, nobody likes my presence anymore and I'm a dumb troll whatever. If you want me gone, you're only drawing me back in by continuing this nonsense.

You single handedly turned a civilized discussion into a toxic argument. Are you satisfied?

FjS

I agree that the server has been rather empty the last six months or so. I also agree that its worth having a serious conversation about why this has happened and what can be done.

However, I see no link between the removal of dproto and the decline in the servers popularity. Correct me if I am wrong, but dproto was turned off over two years ago? The server was still very busy a long while after it was disabled.

I think the biggest drain has been the popularity of the HalfBaked server, that seems to have really eaten into our player count. It seems half of our regulars are over there fairly often and the other half don't join because the server is mostly empty and people don't want to sit around and wait for a game to get going.

Angi

I've played for a thousand hours, and I still check in and play every few weeks. Just admit that the server isn't doing great these days. Medium-Q, kro, butterbean, p0izon, Hellraiser, slouch, SpartanB312, even VenomousFangs - and dozens more - They all either stopped playing entirely or play rarely. Even Master, YOUR leader -- the server owner -- literally never plays the game. A year and a half ago Bzone had players practically all day, because dproto was still enabled and the freeloaders from other countries could play. Now it's only ass crack morning or late at night when there's a possibility of players.
<<<----- Yes, cuz some ppl move on to other games!!! And those who still play it, are nostalgic fucks ^^  Which isnt a bad thang :) I`ll state it again , im gonna turn off the light IF/ when TFC dies , and if im sitting in a wheel chair using my voice activated keyboard   with 80 :P

You said I didn't have any suggestions, which was dead wrong. You didn't read my post.  <<---  I pardon to differ !

I do have a founded statement. I came here originally to comment on how ludicrous it was for there needing to be a system to remove bots because games are so low in players they are more of a nuisance than an asset, especially on maps with terrain the AI is unfamiliar with for them to navigate.   <<<--- THE remove option was a questioning of players ON BZ! Our player base ? Our community ?!? SO what do we do ? WE give the option of desicion ! Again THY Bish :)

Why did you even chime in? It would seem you just wanted to irritate me. I get it, nobody likes my presence anymore and I'm a dumb troll whatever.<<<---Trolling ;)?

If you want me gone, you're only drawing me back in by continuing this nonsense. <<<--- aha ?!?
You single handedly turned a civilized discussion into a toxic argument. Are you satisfied? My 2 cents to that bs , toxic ? where ? Just cuz i am sharing my mind you get triggered ?..Move on pls!  :rolleyes2: ty

Angi

Quote from: FjS on October 31, 2019, 07:55:55 PM
I agree that the server has been rather empty the last six months or so. I also agree that its worth having a serious conversation about why this has happened and what can be done.

However, I see no link between the removal of dproto and the decline in the servers popularity. Correct me if I am wrong, but dproto was turned off over two years ago? The server was still very busy a long while after it was disabled.

I think the biggest drain has been the popularity of the HalfBaked server, that seems to have really eaten into our player count. It seems half of our regulars are over there fairly often and the other half don't join because the server is mostly empty and people don't want to sit around and wait for a game to get going.
Yes, but the server status is a diff subject ( check the tournament server thread)  which we should move into there ;)