News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

EVIL 2v2 2fort Tournament

Started by Gimpy, August 31, 2019, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schuffler

Won't be worse than the other servers that get no action. But again I think the non be hoppers and trimpers will find it and enjoy it. The ones that like the faster pace of BZ will stay there.
Also watch Drippy's BZ will be empty and that place is packed even with alot of BZ players

Angi

Quote from: schuffler on October 08, 2019, 07:58:11 AM
Won't be worse than the other servers that get no action. But again I think the non be hoppers and trimpers will find it and enjoy it. The ones that like the faster pace of BZ will stay there.
Also watch Drippy's BZ will be empty and that place is packed even with alot of BZ players

lol yeah , cuz its 2fort <3 and no "key-poppin-i-bhop-like-a-god-shit" :P Dont get me wrong, learned bhop /skillwise great! :) i dont know how big our TFC comunity is, but if we manage to breath in some love , on the vanilla server, that server will also be used .My 2 cents
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

pizzahut

There may be an issue with the most recent TFC update, not letting people connect to passworded servers (so like the Vanilla server when it's in 1v1 mode).

If you have this issue, it may be useful to know (for Valve) what setinfo looks like, ideally before changing / fixing it. Report here please: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/2718#issuecomment-539745876 Caution as setinfo may contain a server password.

-X-:
   I think there might be some security issues after the tfc oct 8 update
   servers with a pw are no longer accessible it seems

-X-:
   i have digged into this, it gives an error
   "Info string length exceeded"
   the solution is to type in console : setinfo model ""

schuffler

Is the server still password protected?

pizzahut

It is if a 1v1 map is nominated and voted. Other maps are not password protected.

schuffler

So I get this . If there are 10 players playing 2fort and someone votes a 1vs1 map does it kick everyone out and then you have to use password to get back in?

pizzahut

Nah it doesn't kick them, just the password is added for the duration of this map.

schuffler

Iwas in vanilla with (Tenacites ?) he seemed to like it just kinda looking around but its a start

Angi

Quote from: schuffler on October 09, 2019, 04:12:16 PM
Iwas in vanilla with (Tenacites ?) he seemed to like it just kinda looking around but its a start
:yay!:

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

schuffler

Pizzahut
Is it hard to set it up for map vote to be more common maps. During the vote most maps are way out there. A lot of them I never even seen. if we can get them in on the more played maps they will find the rest I think. Just an idea.
Thanks

pizzahut

I think only the maps which you and Harley suggested appear, so you'd need to agree on some maps.

schuffler

Yeah maybe I rushed this to much. The maps that came up yesterday I only new one as the other guy did.  I'll try and get in there more and see how the vote rotation goes. The map was 2morefort he sure liked it so that was a positive thing.

FjS

Just a thought: Is the term "Vanilla" widely known enough amongst the community that everyone realizes this is a server with autobhop and other such features disabled?

Angi

Quote from: FjS on October 10, 2019, 06:08:12 PM
Just a thought: Is the term "Vanilla" widely known enough amongst the community that everyone realizes this is a server with autobhop and other such features disabled?
Thats why , i said earlier, we need to make an open discussion/ thread , to also explain what "vanilla" means. I think , most, who never played leagues, dont know , what that means ! :)

pizzahut

-[EVIL]- Default TFC

Drippy has some info in parentheses, so maybe

-[EVIL]- Vanilla (default-ish TFC - no gameplay changing mods)