News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

EVIL 2v2 2fort Tournament

Started by Gimpy, August 31, 2019, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schuffler

Well you have it set up as a vanilla server see how that goes. I rather play a vanilla server on EVIL than other places. It just might draw a bunch of people who don"t like the BZ set up.

pizzahut

Available for 1v1:

airshot (soldier team vs. bouncing civis)
airshotsex
ass_dm
midair2
midair2_r2 (has an additional air lift arena for team 3 and 4)
midair4
midairtfc_s
mulch_dm
quad_airshot
sq1
sq1tfc
sq4
v_midair2

Angi

Quote from: schuffler on October 01, 2019, 06:46:59 AM
Well you have it set up as a vanilla server see how that goes. I rather play a vanilla server on EVIL than other places. It just might draw a bunch of people who don"t like the BZ set up.
Maybe we should consider that, and also add up some other maps to it too!
As in classic standart maps (well , dustbowl, avanti ect.p.p) and the "newish" most likable played ones as in : phantom, schtop ect.p.p ?
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

schuffler

yeah and call it Penny and Shelly's vanilla server.  lol

pizzahut

So as pub (no password for AvD and CTF maps)?

schuffler

yes regular old server. No bhoppin plug ins no extra stuff just normal.  Just Old School style.
Might take a little time for people to find it but I really think it could work.

pizzahut

EDIT: So since the tournament now definitely won't take place, and Gimpy already was in favour of a 1v1 server previously (he told me to "change the tournament server to a 1v1 with a new voting tool"), plus people wanting a vanilla pub with voting, I made these changes:

Renamed it, no password, default map rotation instead of 2fort.

The rest of the cfg hasn't changed, so e.g. all talk off, time limit 16m (1m prematch).

1v1 maps run an extra cfg which adds a password and turns on all talk.
Technically, this is done through "/tfc/addons/amxmodx/configs/maps".

Angi

Quote from: schuffler on October 01, 2019, 11:41:09 AM
yeah and call it Penny and Shelly's vanilla server.  lol
cage
i Think they would not like the Idea ;) But is funny ..lol
yay me i deleted my post instead of posting it   :yelling:
Ok I think we just need to breath in some love onto the server ;)( spread the news ) Its an alternaite ? choice to BZ .There are lots of d2f who would prolly also like to play the old typical TFC maps^^ without the crazy BHop/trimping ect scripts , which are on BZ! I am not saying i dont like BZ. BZ was the first server i saw, i like playing there and i like/love the peeps there! :) I adjusted, but some old Vets , dont want to. I also have seen old VETS! coming back, typing in chat that they havent played in 10-15 years , and cant believe that ppl are still playing!So thats TFC love right there ! <3
So lets try it out and spread some lovin :)
p.s.
make a new thread with topic and im gonna spread the love everywhere i can.Funtown, D2F , social media..you name it, ill post it :P

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

pizzahut

So basically this is wanted:

- a server for 1v1
- Battlezone, but without plugins (vanilla)

Gimpy already suggested to turn the tournament server into a 1v1 server, so this part is feasible.

As for vanilla Bz, there are maybe three possibilities:

• Turn off plugins on Bz: Probably won't work because I guess a lot regulars might miss them.
  • Copy all Bz maps to the test (tournament) server: a) Might interfere with people looking for a 1v1 and b) might split server population (50% bz / 50% vanilla).
  • Use tournament server for 1v1, and create another server for vanilla: a) There might not be enough resources for another server and b) it might split server population (50% bz / 50% vanilla).

Angi

Yes, those are the options + awarenesses of what might / could happen

schuffler

don't need a 1 vs 1 server so much just a vanilla server.  Bz  and LG get play.  but there is a need I think for a vanilla play server. I really think you would gain people by pulling them away from drippy's.   

Angi

Quote from: schuffler on October 02, 2019, 06:34:16 AM
don't need a 1 vs 1 server so much just a vanilla server.  Bz  and LG get play.  but there is a need I think for a vanilla play server. I really think you would gain people by pulling them away from drippy's.
I pardon to differ there Shelly! :P We do need a lock down server for 1vs1 `s, cuz as soonish , as they see familiar names, trols/wannabe`s/ or whatever`s   :-X like joining the party  :glaresad: :glarestraight: :grumpy:
There is no "pulling" away from any server , thats not how i see it ! It`s more "giving" ppl more options, to play and chill . As noted before, its this / are these  TFC "cultures" INHOUSE,FUNTOWN, D2F and BZ . Its just a diff between , what they like and how they like it (TFC).

schuffler

So i get this right 1 vs 1 = me against you. Not what I'm thinking.  I'm thinking more like at least 5 or 6 vs 5 or 6  or even more. Teams vs teams vanilla.

Bishop

Sounds like Spillway.  I'm all for bringing that back.

Angi

Spillway , hm dont think this is gonna happen"! Had my share on subject already :( At 1 point understandable, on the other, hmmm ;) But yes, it sounds like a spillway kinda style