News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

I want a Tournament!

Started by Gimpy, August 19, 2019, 05:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimpy

So I feel like very little has happened in the world of TFC the past year, and I want to change that.

I'm going to run another tournament. A few years ago, I ran a sniper tournament, and tried to do a mulch tournament, but it never got off the ground.

There are three big changes with this tournament, that I'm hoping will make this much bigger.

1. Entry will be open to EVERYONE, vice just EVIL members
2. The type of tournament will be picked by YOU!
3. Advertising! I will advertise here, the Steam Discussions, possibly on the server (Master? Is it possible / simple to make ESN announce stuff?), and I'm going to see if I can advertise on Drippy's Forums.

So, with that said, I'm looking for what kind of tournament you would like?

Nuggs

2v2 would be ideal but tough getting four ppl on the same page for matches

1v1 solider ladder might make most sense

Gimpy

Matches are scheduled by the players.

You'd be given a week to figure it out... after a week, coin toss.

Angi

YES! nice :) Maybe we /you should also consider ,of how many ppl have intresst,
going up from 2vs2 to whatever makes sense (4vs4 ect.p.p) cuz i suck on 2vs2 ..lol..i am not good in defending :/ This is really nice :)  :yay!: :yes:
"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

Gimpy

Well so far no one gives a single shit.

So...

Swede

Voted.
My timediff and work will make it hard to participate.  ;)

Angi

also Voted before i made my comment
My timediff and work will also make it hard to participate, but we will see

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

Cookie | LiTE

This could be interesting, however it appears i can't vote on the poll?

Gimpy

TinMan

So this is Limited to Evil Clan members only ???

Gimpy

Quote from: Gimpy on August 19, 2019, 05:49:51 PM
1. Entry will be open to EVERYONE, vice just EVIL members

Nope. Everyone!!

Gimpy

With all of the interest around, I've decided that I'm going to try and run THREE tournaments.

1. 2v2 2fort - OvD, 15 mins per side. Most caps win. Double elimination tournament.
2. Mulch_dm - First to 10 kills wins. Double elimination tournament.
3. Sniper - First to 10 kills wins. Double elimination tournament.

My plan is to have the tournaments run in that order, with the first one (2v2) starting as soon as a server is built to manage it. As stated in my first post, registration will be open to ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY.

I will not schedule any matches. The vision I have is that teams will be told what team they are playing against. The two teams will have one full week to figure out when they can play their match. If an entire week goes by and they cannot play, it will probably just be a coin flip to see who moves on, and who does not. Of course, this will be a case by case basis.

I will also be cross-posting tournament registration, updates, etc. here, d2f forums, and Steam Discussions. That way everyone should be able to see everything!

Registration info for the 2v2 tournament will be coming once the server is set up.

pizzahut

Quote from: Gimpy on August 24, 2019, 01:24:45 PM
1. 2v2 2fort - OvD, 15 mins per side. Most caps win. Double elimination tournament.
Since this is elimination, I guess that if scores are equal, the opponents would have to play another two rounds.

In worst case, if both teams are great at defence, but are bad at offence, it could be 0-0 forever at which point I guess they could ask for a coin toss.

Angi

As already mentioned, the teams, sorry for pointing it out again :P , should also be coin wise in some matter!
Just thinkin of the constilation Gimpy/Guts teamin up against...errr...yeah right..thats rape at first shot :P  lol_face :wideeyed: :o :no: :wideeyed2:
But we will see^^