News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Some weird stuff is happening - TFC Won't start on my PC

Started by Venomous Fangs, June 14, 2019, 02:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venomous Fangs

Hey team

Back from holiday, tried starting up TFC, and the same problem exists.....   >:(

Tried Masters latest post about editing GameUX but the the service location key wasn't present, so couldn't be adjusted.

Any ideas how to get TFC going again?

Bishop

The key should be there and the solution works for most.  Suggest you double checking for the listed key.

Venomous Fangs

Likely right here, got into Regedit GameUX, where do I go from there?

Bishop

The link in Master's post tells you exactly what to do...

"Just open Regedit, got to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\GameUX\ServiceLocation and change the server address contained in the "Games" chain value to 127.0.0.1 or localhost "

Venomous Fangs

DomiAvenger

Since that update crap i now have to open tfc twice. 1st time i run it the game wont open but the launcher is in the task manager. So I "end task" the launcher then run tfc again and it works no prob. This might work for others having the issue on windows7.

pizzahut

Quote from: DomiAvenger on August 16, 2019, 08:14:55 AM
Since that update crap i now have to open tfc twice. 1st time i run it the game wont open but the launcher is in the task manager. So I "end task" the launcher then run tfc again and it works no prob. This might work for others having the issue on windows7.
Occasionally happened to me on Windows 10 (v1809) as well. Updated today to v1903.