News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

servers are down

Started by schuffler, April 14, 2019, 04:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schuffler

Master

I need to borrow them for a minute, they will be back later.. ill let you guys keep battlezone though.

pizzahut

Looks like the servers are being prepared for the TFC beta updates - since Valve changed around some things and also fixed bugs. Some plugins might not work yet on the beta version of TFC.

Master

lowgrav and fun/adventure will require more time. all others have recieved their late birthday gift of the 2019 updated tfc dll, we now have the latest security patches and bugfixes. now instead of hacking the engine we can work on properly patching the holes.

schuffler

Thanks for the update and all your work here.

Nuggs

Quote from: pizzahut on April 14, 2019, 05:56:10 PM
Looks like the servers are being prepared for the TFC beta updates - since Valve changed around some things and also fixed bugs. Some plugins might not work yet on the beta version of TFC.

What did they fix besides the spray and double shot bugs?

Master

Quote from: Nuggs on April 15, 2019, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: pizzahut on April 14, 2019, 05:56:10 PM

What did they fix besides the spray and double shot bugs?
Official update info is available here actually here

All servers are updated with the exception of lowgrav, a compatibility issue has been found with NeoTF, we are working on fixing it.. for now we will keep the old tfc dll from 2013 until a solution is found, class configs will not work on this server until this issue is solved.

Bishop

Please consider posting your appreciation (use the link in Master's post above) for the efforts by Valve to update TFC. Let them know that people still play this 20 year old game.

Nuggs

It's seems like all the goldsrc updates in the last decade have all revolved around security fixes for CS, typically breaking TFC along the way.

How about the epic update that we all were waiting for that brought.....lukewarm new models, a god awful map ravelin and fucking teleporters!? Literally no one asked for them, but valve shoved them down our throats.

Remember when alfred decided to arbitrarily remove _special from CS, TFC and HLDM 15 years after release? That was a fun one that caused many HLDM players to quit for good.

The biggest gameplay fixes here, the double shoot bug and spray bug, and both what, 5 years old!? If I recall there were introduced during the steampipe update. Thanks for finally fixing something you broke YEARS ago.

Not to sound callous, because I do appreciate the effort Master and everyone else puts into this ancient game, but 90% of the time when valve "updates" TFC it usually sucks

Bishop

Agreed, I'd be happy if they just stop breaking the game...but keep in mind if all they get from the community is criticism we can expect more of the same... uninformed updates.

Side note with respect to _special, most legit servers kicked users that had that bound to anything.

MrCoala

I think the update broke the ability of the esclan resup bags to cure infections. Can someone confirm this?

-X-

Quote from: MrCoala on April 17, 2019, 09:05:27 AM
I think the update broke the ability of the esclan resup bags to cure infections. Can someone confirm this?

Yes I can confirm that.

On a side note :

I'ld like to thank Master and Pizzahut for helping me out pointing me to the right direction after the tfc update kept crashing my server.  THNX!

-X-

Nuggs

Yes

Also superlow priority, but as of yesterday evening the glow commands weren't working either. Don't know how I can play TFC without glowing chartreuse darkgreen lime  :sleezy:

Master

Without even looking, I know what the issue is, I will fix this tonight*

schuffler

Hey boss. Not sure if this one is finished yet. If not when you can could  you look at  LG server the HOOK is gone. Also I have no amxmodmenu ability only on LG.

Thanks