News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

TFC TECH

Started by Nuggs, April 10, 2018, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

Does anyone like it?

I'm ambivalent. I don't hate it, but at the same time it seems unnecessary. Like a mod just for the sake of modding instead of adding any real value to the experience.

It seems like it's designed to appeal to noobs, but not many noobs playing TFC these days and many of the upgrades make certain classes way OP. The HW fast firing upgrade is whack, same with super speed scout or low HP speed boost. I don't ever look at the upgrade options I just press a key to make the popup go away.

Curious to see what others think. I will say my percentage of RQ has gone up substantially with the mod enabled.

Master

Some of the ideas are neat, most of them are OP garbage, the rest are just regular garbage.

xheon

This tech only makes snipers run faster to their respawn while injured.

I vote against it (not that it matters cuz Im mexican)  :laugh:

DomiAvenger

Who let the mexican in?!?!?!?  XD
fast scout + low health speed burst = the Flash lol
Railgun shockwave is fun as hell. Makes engy Alot of fun =D
But im impartial. Stays or goes is fine by me. But it can get really op. Fast firing HW's with regen + evil bags pretty much never die lol
But the server (BZ) is def busier now that FF is off. How long people last till they get annoyed with tech is another thing :p

FjS

I also do not care for TFCtech, it's gimmicky and as stated op's certain classes. Only cool thing is underwater breathing, but that's basically tantamount to cheating.

Gimpy

I like it.
And, it's something new. We can't expect to stay alive just doing the same thing all the time. A bit of flavour is what makes us different from Drippys.

TwatWaffle

Guts

I really like some of the techs, but everything that adds a speed boost, like nuggs said, is a bit OP.

Bishop

I vote to turn TFC tech off.

schuffler

Quote from: Gimpy on April 10, 2018, 03:46:18 PM
I like it.
And, it's something new. We can't expect to stay alive just doing the same thing all the time. A bit of flavour is what makes us different from Drippys.
Drippys is always full with just 1 map 2fort, Having different maps is enough to be different.

schuffler

Quote from: Guts on April 10, 2018, 09:54:38 PM
I really like some of the techs, but everything that adds a speed boost, like nuggs said, is a bit OP.
Added speed boost has been there with High Speed B-hop  need to get rid of that too.

Nuggs

I've only messed around with TFC TECH for a few hours and I'll I've already identified a handful of game breaking "features". Number one on the list is soldier teleport with flag. It's TOTAL BULLSHIT. On maps like casbah where your flag rests on the cap point, all you have to do is grab enemy flag, hold use to teleport and BAM flag is capped in under three seconds.

In regards to Gimpys point, the fact that BZ runs more then one map and has bhop enabled differentiates itself enough from drippys house of AIDS. If anything tftech makes BZ more similar to drippys which I don't think anyone is in favor of.

Also While I'm on a roll, why did the map time change to 45 mins? All that seems to do is make players bored and RQ when there isn't enough votes to RTV, which happens a lot recently with all the specs which ruin the vote count. Curious about the thought process that went into that change

froob

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."