News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Request

Started by JakeLeCat, January 10, 2024, 11:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeLeCat

Hi,

Bit late in the day.. but it often bothers me that I was banned for cheating when.. I don't (I know this is the standard blah blah blah but put yourself in my shoes for a moment).

Would whoever was the main investigator be open to a discussion some time? I've had a few chats with Zeus who's been very fair to be honest but he told me it wasn't his decision.

Overall I'm a little disappointed no-one spoke to me before or after - I was an active member of this community for a good few years and at least expected some kind of offline message? You guys were NOT subtle about speccing me for quite a long time however I continued to play that way because I though I had nothing to hide :)

I'm not expecting to be unbanned - id just like some understanding of how you came to your decision.

Kind regards,

Jake

Bishop

Hi Jake,
  Typically these kind of requests get ignored, but since you provided a respectful request, I provide a response even though you won't like it. We don't ban for a couple of lucky shots/encounters...we understand how the game is played, how the goldsource engine works, as well as how hacks are used to gain advantage. We have multiple demos of you which were reviewed by our most experienced admins (including myself). After careful review of your game-play there was unanimous agreement that you have been cheating. It is disappointing for us to have to ban a server-regular but the claim that you weren't cheating is disingenuous and we aren't going to fall for it.

y0sh

Quote from: Bishop on January 12, 2024, 03:26:55 AMHi Jake,
  Typically these kind of requests get ignored, but since you provided a respectful request, I provide a response even though you won't like it. We don't ban for a couple of lucky shots/encounters...we understand how the game is played, how the goldsource engine works, as well as how hacks are used to gain advantage. We have multiple demos of you which were reviewed by our most experienced admins (including myself). After careful review of your game-play there was unanimous agreement that you have been cheating. It is disappointing for us to have to ban a server-regular but the claim that you weren't cheating is disingenuous and we aren't going to fall for it.

Well written Bish, i fully agree to every word.

TROLLTZU

Yeah, but how does this kind of standard render the same decision for my own gameplay?  Because the more I allow Bish's explanation to sink in, the more afraid I get at the deception of the new world tyranny of rendering inaccurate evaluations.  Just imagine if Russia never hacked the political election (but it's not like we will ever know about it).

Consider the following evaluation of the current state of hypocrisy: the fact that my gameplay is more legit than Bish or Y0sh or generally any clan member here. Since I use no scripts, which are allowed on the server nonetheless.  Going further, on the level of intent I only use auto-aim (an in-game feature).  Could it be that I'm accused falsely although my own gameplay is, indeed - more sincere?

In conclusion, any admin who bans for hacking is aware of the potential mistakes or errors associated with the imposition of ideology.  Their dilemma is clearly understood, where they must either: let the hackers stay, or compromise the non-hacker in order to ban the hackers.  An admin chooses a set of consequentialist ethics.  Drippy, too...
"The supreme art of war is to fight without subduing your enemy" - Troll-Tzu

"The greatest battle is that which requires no victory" - Troll-Tzu