News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Server suggestions

Started by Goop, January 04, 2015, 01:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goop

Hey guys I wanted to suggest making these changes.

Grenade restock after flag capture plugin

Make it so we can rockthevote right when map changes, so were not stuck on 2fort for longer than we have to ;)

Lastly, I was wondering if you could add the plugin that lets you detonate the demoman's yellow(green?) pipes without any delay.

What do you guys think?

Kerrybiantulip

We had quickdet on the server before, it didn't work out too nicely.

klumy

Please no quickdet, the server is spammy enough as it is. But the rtv one is a good idea.

schuffler

The rtv should not be changed maps switch around 30 min. Before it was sooner on LG you be 2 min in map some new guy joins at starts rtv. It's not brock don't fix it.

Saleen219

if anything make it so someone joining the server can NOT rtv for at least 10-15 mins. hate when people pop in, rtv. doesnt matter what map is playing.

just saying.

Rand

Quote from: Goop on January 04, 2015, 01:49:34 AM
Make it so we can rockthevote right when map changes, so were not stuck on 2fort for longer than we have to ;)

That might work well when the map gets voted to something pretty crappy that clears out the server.  That way, it can be voted back to 2fort more rapidly!   :D

p0izon

Quote from: schuffler on January 04, 2015, 08:58:01 AM
The rtv should not be changed maps switch around 30 min. Before it was sooner on LG you be 2 min in map some new guy joins at starts rtv. It's not brock don't fix it.

In BZ, 2fort is 60 minutes I believe. Say a vote comes up and dustbowl is picked. The majority of the time that map won't last more than 10 minutes. Then it's back to 2fort for another 60 minutes. This is when many people would like to be able to rtv upon map change.

I wouldn't mind seeing the limit to RTV be excluded if the map is 2fort.

Quickdet & Grenades for cap are no good. Too much spam already.

schuffler

Just make the map time shorter problem solved

Gimpy

Why is dustbowl even available for vote on BZ?  It has its own server... if you want to play dustbowl, go there?

p0izon

Because when we removed it many people complained.

Saleen219

GImpy: exactly my thoughts - we had a dedicated DB server - go there! sheesh :P

crosby

How does restocking your nades after capping increase spam? I cap and get frustrated having to go to spawn and resup when I can easily just cap and continue on capping.

-[EVIL]- Bonesaw

I %100 back the idea that DB shouldn't be an option on BZ. It has it's server, that's where it should stay. 2fort should not be 60 minutes and if it weren't, problem solved. Given that anyone can just take the extra 5 steps from the cap point to the spawn to re-load their nades, I don't think it needs fixin'.

Or just change the default map from 2fort to something else? Give it a shot for a week and see how people react? Create a vote within the community and have a majority map voted in as the new default (even if it's a trial period?)?

duelrabbit

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 26, 2015, 11:04:49 AMOr just change the default map from 2fort to something else? Give it a shot for a week and see how people react? Create a vote within the community and have a majority map voted in as the new default (even if it's a trial period?)?

I would like to see people actually banging on a door and glass to vote for a map they like instead of buttons that block your weapon selection.