News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Stuck on "Precaching Resources..."

Started by ShouldBeNew_, July 19, 2014, 01:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShouldBeNew_

Okay so it was long since i didn't made a thread. I have a new computer now but when it is loading custom maps it stucks on "Precaching Resources..." and doesn't change! Yet i am using OpenGL 32-Bit. Not sure if you are interesed in my renderer but mecklenburg_final is the only map that loads fine. Also sometimes when i download from your server a map it says that it differs from mine!

Please help.
And i don't think this is the right board to complain about this but whatever.

Master

disconnect from the server and try again (without closing TFC)

The Fast Download is a 100% clone of the server files, if you are indeed downloading the maps from the server and getting this error, you most likely have a firewall issue or other program blocking/scanning your downloads causing bad map files, the only thing I can recommend for this is deleting it and trying again.

Elitesse

It happens to me sometimes. I simply press the "cancel" button and connect again. Other times, I just wait 5 minutes, it should unstuck then. The map problem happened to me lots of months ago but I can't remember what happened after that. Oh and the game rendering isn't important, this isn't a graphics problem! You can even use 640x480, Software Rendering, 16 bits (I was using that rendering a few months ago until I "discovered" my Video Card) but that problem rarely happened and was always repairable.

ShouldBeNew_

I don't think it's a firewall issue. I had this problem when i was downloading maps with Software renderer. But then i deleted those maps and downloaded them with D3D and they worked. I use OpenGL now.
Also deleting them and downloading again doesn't work either as they give me the same problem and when that problem is there i have to close TFC cause it freezes and when i click Cancel button nothing happens. It just stops responding!

Elitesse

As I said, it's not a rendering problem. It doesn't matter, you can use the lowest settings EVER, it will be the same. It happens to me sometimes even in 1024x768, OpenGL, 32 bits, when the "cancel" button doesn't respond, I press "CTRL-ALT-DEL" at the same time to open the Task Manager, go on "Processes", click on "hl.exe" and then press "End Process". Then after closing Team Fortress Classic I simply open it again and connect again and it usually works. Oh and Direct 3D won't make a difference: If the rendering really matters with this problem (it doesn't), Direct 3D won't fix the problem. It's known to be a very buggy rendering for Half-Life, OpenGL is always a better choice, and it has the same problems. Rendering doesn't matter.

ShouldBeNew_

Interesting cause i tested one map that i download from the server by my LAN server and it works! But when i connect to the server i keep being stuck on Precaching Resources.... weird cause the maps i download from any other mod work even on the server! Probably problem with connection.

Elitesse

I don't think so. I have an average connection of 250 kB/s (quite low) but it runs fine!

ShouldBeNew_

I joined Battlezone today and it worked fine. Even after downloading! I tried today with Fun/Adventure but still doesn't work. It works only on non-custom model maps!
Looks like the custom models are the problem.   :(

Elitesse

Wow, your computer is full of problems! That never happened with me. I'd remove the custom models, they are ugly, the Valve models look much better, but I'm not the administrator...maybe you didn't download them correctly?

Ultrakill

Sometimes I have problems at the moment of precaching ressources... (The loading cancelled himself) the cause: custom models too....

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Elitesse

ShouldBeNew fixed the problem by switching the Rendering Mode from "OpenGL" to "DirectX"!

ShouldBeNew_

Yes i did Elitesse but the problem still exists. It probably can't load custom wads or something!