News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

BZ super BHOP setting

Started by Rand, January 10, 2014, 09:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rand

Anyway that we can get BZ, besides NEOTF, to actually be more back to basics?

Can we disable the super bhop setting?

Master

Quote from: Rand on January 10, 2014, 09:35:30 PM
Anyway that we can get BZ, besides NEOTF, to actually be more back to basics?

Can we disable the super bhop setting?

what is super bhop?

p0izon

Rand

Sorry, don't know the cl_ client side setting, but I think that there is one.  I assume that we're all on the same page here.

If it is back to basics, besides the neotf, then can we please have it that way?

Playing against, and watching, some leet players bouncing/bhopping around regular players is not really that fun.

Master

Quote from: Rand on January 11, 2014, 10:35:47 PM
Sorry, don't know the cl_ client side setting, but I think that there is one.  I assume that we're all on the same page here.

If it is back to basics, besides the neotf, then can we please have it that way?

Playing against, and watching, some leet players bouncing/bhopping around regular players is not really that fun.
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to hold down the spacebar

Swede

I´ve seen players using the ramp on 2fort outside entrance to "trimp" up on sniper deck. Just using 2 jumps. When watching a video about trimp on youtube it dosesnt look possible. I´m asking for advice as admin

Master

Quote from: Swede on January 13, 2014, 12:20:54 PM
I´ve seen players using the ramp on 2fort outside entrance to "trimp" up on sniper deck. Just using 2 jumps. When watching a video about trimp on youtube it dosesnt look possible. I´m asking for advice as admin
ive done this before, its possible, its because of the way trimping works, the quicker your next jump is, the higher you will jump, and you can use the ramp outside to get a near instant next jump and land on the battlements. it adds new challenges to this old game.

p0izon

I hated the trimp when it first got to BZ because I was always hitting ledges and ceilings on my bhop, but I have gotten the hang of it. Now I can literally fly through maps lol.

Rand

Well, then, I respectfully ask again if the 'trimp' could be removed from BZ.  Especially if it BZ is 'Back to Basics'.

Otherwise, maybe publicize the client side commands for 'trimp', or just that it is available on the MOTD so that all players know?

TY

Rand

Now I know why for the last couple months people have been flying around like FF super bhoppers.  Thank you for the trimp heads up!  Never knew the term before!  Never played FF, except for the first week it came out, and then deleted it, since I hated the bhopping in it.  Anyone interested in why some players are flying around even more than the usual bhop in TFC should look up trimping and FF, Fortress Forever.  There's a few good videos explaining it.

From the tfcommunity.com website:

QuoteMaster, on 20 Nov 2013 - 20:04, said:

quite the opposite really.. we have a plugin to let users bhop just by simply holding down spacebar. now with added trimp support.

If you have problems with your bhop script with this plugin, you can disable its functionality by typing "cl_autobhop 0" into console

IMO, the trimp support has broken/unequalized the playing field on the EVIL servers.

Master

Quote from: Rand on January 13, 2014, 06:44:42 PM
Well, then, I respectfully ask again if the 'trimp' could be removed from BZ.  Especially if it BZ is 'Back to Basics'.

Otherwise, maybe publicize the client side commands for 'trimp', or just that it is available on the MOTD so that all players know?

TY
it is enabled by default for all players, there have been some rare cases where it will disable if you have a slow connection, or connection issues, but it notifies to you every time you join the server how to use it (cl_autobhop in console)

Rand

Here's a good video explanation of it in Fortress Forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx4Tzin80sU

Ironhd

Ok so is trimping what's allowing some hw's to travel at mind blowing speeds? There are a couple that are always faster than "fast" scouts on BZ. They always drive me crazy. (Not saying much as that's a short drive anyway)  :tongue2:

Rand

Pretty much, Ironhd.

And I respectfully ask if all of it can be disabled on BZ.  TY.

Ironhd

I respectfully second that request.