News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Ungag request

Started by Kennydapro, May 10, 2015, 10:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennydapro

Permagagged on server and would like to appeal for an ungag. Not sure EXACTLY why I was gagged, although it most definitely had something to do with previous offences like blocking enemies/running with the flag into the other base. Those CANNOT be condoned and I am profusely apologetic for doing that shit. Won't happen again. However, the gag baffles me. Although I might rant and rave a hell of a lot, I'm completely sympathetic and aware that there are other players who are bothered by this. But, there's a mute option - one clearly ignored by the staff and, when I was playing today at around 15:40-15:50, I protested vehemently that it should have been in their interest just to mute me manually. Even eri, a member of EVIL, agreed with me. However, I know that I'm not angel and I'd like to remain on the server which I enjoy playing on. But the hypocrisy, that's something else. Quazzi can claim that 'brits can go back to their side of the pond' (which is a blatant jibe at my Irish nationality - and I'm not British) and launch all sorts of rubbish against other nationalities when he is present, yet I get gagged. Just putting that out there - think about that. Either RAND or SWEDE permagagged me and I'm not particularly happy about it. But yeah, if this appeal is successful to any of the admins I genuinely appreciate it. Apologies for any former offences; they may have been attributed to my gregarious nature in the game but I've given that up.

Gimpy

Saleen219

Gimpster:

oui thats la même personne . rutabaga bâillonné de façon permanente en raison d' un mot raciste et crier dans le micro et constante utilisation du micro

Gimpy

lol Just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean I speak French! NEWFIE, remember??

But I didn't realize the reasoning behind the gag... Now I do.

Swede

I´m the one who permgagged you. Good that I got your attention now.
I permgagged you for using a racist word.

To start with I want you to go here : http://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,3756.0.html
and read the rules thoroughly. Come back here when you done it and tell me. You also find the rules under info.

Kennydapro

Yeah, I've calmed down a bit now and I think I was a bit out of order. Won't use racist language again, Swede. Although I still find hypocrisy in the fact that you'd had permagagged me, yet OTHER admins, including Juliet, act racist a hell of a lot. Exploiting use of the microphone by yelling WAS wrong and I won't do it again. But I still find that your rules lose their meaning as people break the rules, including admins, constantly. THEY get away violating the rules and, therefore, the enforcement of the server rules just completely lose their meaning if you do it to me.

Kennydapro

In addition to that, a moderator (not sure of his/her identity) ungagged me but poizon decided that I 'should' be permagagged again, even though he didn't make an inquiry out of it.

Kennydapro

p0izon

Quote from: Kennydapro on May 11, 2015, 11:47:21 AM
Yeah, I've calmed down a bit now and I think I was a bit out of order. Won't use racist language again, Swede. Although I still find hypocrisy in the fact that you'd had permagagged me, yet OTHER admins, including Juliet, act racist a hell of a lot. Exploiting use of the microphone by yelling WAS wrong and I won't do it again. But I still find that your rules lose their meaning as people break the rules, including admins, constantly. THEY get away violating the rules and, therefore, the enforcement of the server rules just completely lose their meaning if you do it to me.

There isn't an exception for administrators, they are supposed to follow the rules just as you are. We will & always have followed up on any legitimate accusation of admins breaking rules. Are you able to provide proof of your accusations?

Quote from: Kennydapro on May 11, 2015, 11:52:12 AM
In addition to that, a moderator (not sure of his/her identity) ungagged me but poizon decided that I 'should' be permagagged again, even though he didn't make an inquiry out of it.

Yes you should be permagagged because Swede has not yet ungagged you. Only he (or Master) can lift your gag, but any of us can make sure you remain gagged until it has been resolved.

Kennydapro

There isn't an exception for administrators, they are supposed to follow the rules just as you are. We will & always have followed up on any legitimate accusation of admins breaking rules. Are you able to provide proof of your accusations?
[/quote]

No, but there is one proof for it: accountability. Juliet will more than openly admit that she has committed racism on the server (for example, blaming the majority of gameplay issues on the Witty Line server on Mexicans). And racism isn't even part of it - admins also ignore racism and other things too. For instance, another reason as to how the system completely falls apart on the servers is how users CONSTANTLY break the 'NSFW' rule. BuckNasty does it all the time; for instance, talking about his penis size...how is that safe for work? It's innapropriate and CERTAINLY NSFW matter. He's talked about the size of his genitalia before, too, when other admins have been present. And as for Quazzi, he's racist, but can still talk. For instance, he made a rather snide remark that 'brits should stay on their own side of the pond'. In addition to that, he was, about a couple of weeks ago, perpetuating rather anti-European viewpoints (calling the French and Greek lazy, there's a couple for you). But his chat privileges remain and, in regards to my point, it COMPLETELY invalidates the integrity and meaning of the rules if the admins will just ban who they like. And I stand by that point - the admins banned me because I irritated them. TFC is a sixteen year old game - all users shouldn't be daunted by the mere task of muting a player, which I have no problem with. Yes, I know I'm no angel. I've done stupid things. VERY stupid things and I apologize for them. However, this is a choice which I believe was inspired out of subjectivity and there's the reasons. All of them. Ask Juliet, BuckNasty, look at Quazzi's chat history, and just think about it! It's fucked up. And I won't stand for it if I get muted.

Yes you should be permagagged because Swede has not yet ungagged you. Only he (or Master) can lift your gag, but any of us can make sure you remain gagged until it has been resolved.
[/quote]

Clarification is appreciated.

p0izon

If you want to see action taken upon other rule breakers, report them. Simple. All this extra "Well so and so does it, so why am I the only one being punished" is going to get you no where. Nobody has free rein to break our server rules. If there's a lack of action being taken by admins, then note that in your report.

Kennydapro

Quote from: p0izon on May 11, 2015, 01:36:45 PM
If you want to see action taken upon other rule breakers, report them. Simple. All this extra "Well so and so does it, so why am I the only one being punished" is going to get you no where. Nobody has free rein to break our server rules. If there's a lack of action being taken by admins, then note that in your report.

But you don't get it - I don't mind that the others swear bit, throw a few jokes or make implicit sexual remarks. If you ask me, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. The main problem I have is that I am genuinely convinced that I was gagged out of a personal decision. I don't have a problem if admins, or anyone, swears, makes a few racially-charged remarks or anything. And I am truly apologetic that I did make a few; but I'm not happy that a severe decision, like muting me, was directed at me.

Gimpy

You don't dislike me. Stop the lies.

Remember that night last fall or winter... Or sometime... That I got really drunk and sang in the server?

That was. Hands down. The BEST night of your life Juliet.

lil-bastard

Kenny your biggest problem is you don't listen. Swede had an excellent suggestion for you to read the server rules. There was a period ...way back when, where people had to read the MOTD upon joining a server and understanding of the rules. When people warn you to calm down or stfu you ignore it then wonder why admins drop the hammer on you. Listen,learn and be a nice citizen and you will have a much better experience here. You were so obnoxious one night you had me yelling over voice chat.. There is nothing wrong with having some fun and talking shit. Just use moderation.

Saleen219

the loves me, thats why she added "AND Canadians"

or maybe its jus that she doesnt dis-like me....

and yes i agree we have a bad Canadian problem. I think that we should put a limit as to how many we can have on server at any one time