News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Infect and run

Started by Rubyus, October 28, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on January 22, 2015, 08:47:22 AM
The opinions are, everything Bonesaw has been saying is correct. Using scripts, mods and bhopping will give any player a huge advantage over those who don't. Very sad if such players still lose against unscripted players.  :laugh:

I find this whilst trying to stop a flag bearer of the same class or even a "slower" class. They easilly out run me if scripted (I play unmodded TFC), and any successful gren throws are just guesswork before they arrive, they will be long gone before the gren primes if I wait to engage them on sight.

This makes trying to compare scores/player skills irrelevant unless all players have the same config.  8)

Fixed.

-[EVIL]- Bonesaw

It isn't "opinion", p0izon. I'm not trying to offend you or anyone else, play however you want. A spade's a spade and this is turning into a scripter/modder vs nonscripter/nonmodder battle royale.

Guts

I'm not sure what the whole "i don't use scripts" comments are supposed to mean. They come off as you trying to say your "clean". There were plenty of scripts that were legal in league play.  A bhop script which required you to manually hit the space bar everytime was perfectly legal as an example. All it did was help with the timing of the jump, you could still actually miss-time the jump even with script. The bhop script where you hold down space (like the autobhop in the server which EVERYONE has access to) was the one that was not allowed.

The movement required to initially gain the momentum has 0 to do with the script...thats the difficult part which people admittedly refuse to learn for some reason. I don't think you should despise someone who took time to learn how to obtain that skillset. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would gladly try and teach you how to if you would just ask. I still remember klumy and el jeffe teaching me in the 2fort basement some 15 years ago....

It's also extremely fun. Feels like your flying, maybe give it a try. (I use awsd too)

Kerrybiantulip

Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 22, 2015, 08:00:07 AM
Quote from: Juliet on January 21, 2015, 04:48:34 PM
Quote from: -[EVIL]- Bonesaw on January 21, 2015, 04:00:21 PM
Because a SG is useless???

I hate to point it out but a good spy, even without a quickdisguise script, is going to make a SG useless.
If you shoot back, now my SG has a chance to get some shots off. Good spy or not, it's absolutely irrefutable that the instant disguise renders the engi class pointless.

I still have to shoot at SGs, and with the speed at which I shoot, I am not disguised at all while shooting at them.  They always shoot me.  I still have to use grenades.

The entire purpose of the script I use was only to disguise on attacking since I hated having to open the spy menu and choose a disguise. It just happens to do it quickly as well.

Gimpy

Im up for playing some spillway if it gets some more traffic!!!

p0izon

Be sure to join in this weekend. NeoTF, Auto bhop, & Quick Spy Disguise will be disabled.

Rand

Quote from: El Guapo on January 22, 2015, 02:51:00 PM
I still remember klumy and el jeffe teaching me in the 2fort basement some 15 years ago....

Whoa!!   TMI!!!    Or.....   Pics or it didn't happen!!!     ::)

klumy

Quote from: El Guapo on January 22, 2015, 02:51:00 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people that would gladly try and teach you how to if you would just ask. I still remember klumy and el jeffe teaching me in the 2fort basement some 15 years ago....

It's also extremely fun. Feels like your flying, maybe give it a try. (I use awsd too)

And many others that I've helped during my time with this game, who didn't cry about getting beat, just wanted to learn and improve so that they could hold their own.

Edit: Juliet is also a great bhop teacher as well.

Rand

SpamDaddy!

I would venture to say that part of this argument against the speed enhancments and ring of shadows is the fact that the players who are most proficient with bhop/trimp and such are soooo fast that they can spawn/cross the map/attack target (kill SG)/die and repeat so fast you can't get your SG back up in time.

Factor in a spy that  moves like klumy you now have 2 classes undetectable by SG (I simply can't compete with him...I have tried and it wasn't pretty). With all those enhancements 90% of players will get crushed by him or Guapo, or a super highspeed poison as pyro, or a super speed shooting Juliet or Dragonite. Im as good as Im going to get..I autobhop to move around faster but I cant come close to doing what the "pros" do. I have even practiced. I just cant...

Al you need is a scout to ignore the SG after the spy comes in disguised and knifes the engineer.

Further, the sniper deck is no longer a barrier as trimp allows a single fluid jump to the top. Previously you had Soldiers, Demos, and medics that could get up there..now most of the time there are snipers, medics, and spies watching spawn exits and waiting for you. After a few minutes of dealing with that its not fun anymore.

Dieing has no value. Oh noes I was kilt, oh well I will just bhop/trimp fly back and continue what I was doing. No grinding thru D or fighting your way at normal speed to the objective. I notice when Vanilla TFC is up the numbers aren't quite as inflated for the "pros".

"Normal players" need to take note of this weekend. No autobhop or trimp is what you have been begging for.

Prove your case.

The argument isn't you are better than everyone else. That is obvious. The "pros" as people call them on server are clearly better than us average players and you should be as you have earned that with the time you have put in. I believe the issue is the server play is so advanced that a new player will be hopelessly destroyed and never return and old veterans that suck (like me) won't stay if they do visit. Why provide enhancements that widen the gap so the difference in skill is so extreme (such as Trimp, RoS, and Spy Scripts).

****reloading the popcorn bowl****
**Hands Saleen a double chocolate milk and throws Gimpy a water for not answering***

p0izon

Who are you kidding Spammy. You're always on the stacked team. Who is speeding passed your SGs?

:P

Gimpy

Quote from: Gimpy on January 22, 2015, 11:41:25 AM
Spam - some Newfoundland Screech please.
i cant bhop without auto on, and I'm still not fast. But, I'm also completely script free. The closest thing i use is the bind for neotf menu :/
no scripts, no textures, nothing!

Saleen219

Fricken red neck...couldnt have given me a bendy straw for my chocolate milk  >:(

Kerrybiantulip

Fast bhopping has added an element to the game that has kept me entertained.  Imagine you're playing TFC and you're holding a button to travel places.  That may be fun for some of you players, but once I tried super BHOP I never looked back. It's as if I mixed TFC with Go-kart racing.  Practice the quick turns, learn to accelerate and pass the slow moving vehicles. (spamdaddy mostly) 

I used to refuse to try it.  I wouldn't do it! It wasn't fair!  I didn't care that I was slower. I still don't care that I was slower.  The only difference between before and now is that I *love* moving super-fast.  It's a fast-paced game. 

I know that I don't relish the idea of playing when Bhop will be disabled this weekend.  In fact, I probably will avoid it, as since I no longer have to press space repeatedly, my thumb will be sore if I come play for an hour or more. 

It's not that I can't bhop, I can moderately bhop without any server mods. I've done it on low grav, done it when our mods aren't functioning right. I did it in a match we played against ...who was that, MS I think?    It's nowhere near as fast, but I can still bhop somewhat.

It's just boring not to be able to cruise.

SpamDaddy!

See? I'm getting "rekt" in the forum posts Im so slow! Damn you p0 and Jules!!! hey wait I usually play for the crappy team....but sometimes I get weak and stack!
lol_face

And I may be a slow moving vehicle but at least I try to bhop sometimes =D AND I will master trimp by the time TFC2 comes out!

P.s. Juleroo you gotta play this weekend or all we will hear is "See they couldn't hack it!"

P.s.s. Sal..yeah no bendy straws cuz you used them ALL and haven't gotten anymore! The EVIL pantry is looking bare..we got popcorn, raviolis, ramen noodles, and like 17 cans of green beans from the 90s (it's like college all over again!).

P.s.s.s. p0, for a truly old school experience you need to disable the always on nade bags in spawns too (if you want in case you didn't think of it)