News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Accused of spawn camping when you're not spawn camping.

Started by Jax6213, September 21, 2012, 09:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jax6213

Hi!

I was on the Battlefront server this morning owning a few people and I was playing a medic.  I passed by the enemy spawn with my med pack out, but hadn't touched anyone until they were well clear of the spawn area then I attacked with gusto. One of the Admins saw me and said that this was my last warning... Huh?  Then later on while I was down in the enemy flag room I was infecting, and nading people with complete enthusiasm, and that's when they started screaming that I was spawn infecting.

The admin didn't even see what was going on, but he said if they are screaming it I must have done it.  PLEASE tell me this isn't how all admin conduct themselves?  I think those guys just didn't like getting killed by me no matter where they were, and the spawn area wasn't where i was killing them.

I don't want to get banned, kicked, or gagged over something I didn't do, and I would really appreciate it if an onsite admin is there that they take the time to verify if a person is being a spawn camping dick for certain, and then deal out justice.   You can't have a server where members who can't deal with losing can scream "spawn infecting" when there is no such incident just to try to get a person kicked, or banned; it just isn't right.

I just thought I would put that out here.

Thanks for reading.

Saleen219

When some one complains to me personally (no other admins on server at the time) that someone is doing something they shouldnt be, I would normally verify if the person is actually doing what the complainers said they are.

I might take my guy in and watch them from a corner or something like that, I might also spec them for a while to verify yes or no if its happening. If I dont see it, I will not kick/ban. I *may* tell you - hey, dont do this. But I will also say the the whine, er, complainer that sorry, I specd him for a while and didnt see this behaviour.

Spawn camping isnt allowed, but as you put it, if you happen to be running by and an opportunity arose (someone just happen to come out of respawn when you were running by) and you infect/nade/shoot them - well as far as im concerned thats part of the game. but not if you are standing by/near the door waiting for people to come out. *but I believe this is allowed on dustbowl server?*

I dont know who the admin that said that to you (and dont want to know lol) but the way i outlined it above is the way I would handle it.

Now, with that being said - if Ive seen you do it in the past and you are known to do this, I more than likely will not spec you to be 100% certain, id just kick you and tell you when/if you re-entered the server to not do that because i KNOW you have the habit of doing it.

Thats the way Id more than likely handle things of this nature. Benefit of the doubt.

You also have to remember, when you are playing better than someone else, those people will complain that you are doing something and that we should kick you because you are doing better than them lol

[Evil]Saleen219

-samurai-

Well.. "Say hi to satan for me" i guess ?
I was palying with u today on bz.
NOTE: There was 2 admins on server.
The admin who was in enemy team u were spawn camping, said to me that u are spawn camping.
He havent done anything to not pop up his disguis. But he told me to tell u to stop spawn camping
I clearly saw u 3 times spawn camping with your medikit, and i was warned u like 5 times.
You know, "Last warning" is when someone is really pissed or bored of u ruining the server rules.
We both gonna keep a neye on u next time.

-samurai-

Saleen219

"...We both gonna keep a neye on u next time..."  make that the three of us.

Nice getting the whole story, eh Samrai?

-samurai-

Swede

Make that 4 of us  ;D

I would have acted precisly the way Saleen described it in his answer.  ;)

God

The way in which Saleen mentioned the situation should be handled is 100% spot on. I'm sorry someone acted out and ruined your play time.

On the other hand, please keep in mind we will have to watch the situation in the future in case there is any truth in the claim against you. But if you're not breaking rules, you've got nothing to worry about =)

-God

PS: If you could, please PM me the name of the Admin in question. I'm curious to know, as are others I'm sure.
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR