News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Scripts

Started by Swede, May 18, 2012, 04:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Hi there.

Today I ran into a guy with very quick reloading as sniper and very accurate shots. I suspected him for using something but it turned out to be settings for "smoothing" up the game and getting TFC to run faster.

He had a clear advantage over other players playing at the time he was in.

Is this OK?

p0izon

That decision would probably fall upon Master/Zombie.

For me, if it's not injected, it's fair game. You can make a case that anyone who is bhopping is cheating by using an exploit in TFC to make your class run faster than intended. Even though it's capped, you still gain a slight advantage. As well as grenade exploiters. I know it's against the rules on the servers, but I feel that's a trivial thing to be banned for. Unless the player is really abusing it, I will only issue warnings. These particular things are just apart of the game.

Swede

OK
I feel about the same as you about it. Just wanted to ask.
Thx for answering and thx for the advise about warning.  ;)

GG

/Swede

bapx17 503's finest

Scripts can be downloaded or made, "VAC" will never ban you for using them some servers have a pugin for them so they will ban you, in any thing like ogl pg ect, Scripts are not a loud, and you will get kicked. lol
A New Gaming ERA has begun | New-Alliance World Gaming Association

SLAMP

I also want to ask about the disguise script (if you attack you change back to your last disguise)

Is this against the rules?

Master

Quote from: SLAMP on July 20, 2012, 01:22:38 PM
I also want to ask about the disguise script (if you attack you change back to your last disguise)

Is this against the rules?

this is a bug with the TFC engine, if you can figure out how to do it, you can use it, if it does begin to become a problem (every game everyone is abusing this) I might enable a plugin to fix this bug

aFF

What was the sniper's name? I'm guessing his name might be "chris"?

Technically, the sniper is automatically reloaded after every shot. Granted, if you want to inflect more damage you must charge up the sniper rifle before u fire to do so. I do think you can get headshot kills without charging the sniper rifle fully or much at all, but those are usually few and far between.

God

As someone who used to hang out with the "good" snipers of TFC, I can attest that a player can usually be killed with 1-2 headshot hits. I never could determine what caused a kill or a need for a 2nd shot.  (EDIT: HS kills are not few and far between. Catch me when I'm warmed up and I'll show you ^.^)

It's just a technique referred to as speed sniping. Strafe back and forth while constantly clicking fire and when you switch directions, you'll pause and fire. It's just a timing issue.

As for "chris," I met him the other day. You've encountered TFC royalty. He is widely known as one of, if not THE, best sniper in the game. He sniped under a name with the -AA- tag, can't remember it and the name severity

For lack of a better term, this dude is f*cking sick at sniping

-God
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

Master

Quote from: aFF on July 21, 2012, 11:05:15 AM
What was the sniper's name? I'm guessing his name might be "chris"?

Technically, the sniper is automatically reloaded after every shot. Granted, if you want to inflect more damage you must charge up the sniper rifle before u fire to do so. I do think you can get headshot kills without charging the sniper rifle fully or much at all, but those are usually few and far between.

speed sniping: keep running, the only time you stop is to land that headshot (which kills all light classes, this is where having full armor is the difference between life and death.)

aFF

my "headshots are few and far between" statement is in reference to if you dont charge at all or barely charge.... not most to full charge headshots.

as for "chris".. there are a couple of people by that name out there. I've been told one was banned from another server for either wall or aim hacks. when i tried to spec him when he was doing the "speed sniping", he left the server as soon as i went into spec.