News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Uncool players hide flag

Started by Callous Penguin, July 26, 2012, 05:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callous Penguin

I don't know if this is allowed, but "Captain Me" STEAM_0:1:17611980 and "i FEED KEYS TO gEESE!" like to hide the blue flag on dustbowl. When holding the flag, they will kill themselves and the flag will be put in a spot nobody can grab. Also, they like to go into red spawn and leave the flag in there so it makes it harder to get. I believe that this is uncool for people that want to play correctly.

I also tried to get "i FEED KEYS TO geese!" steam ID but says theres no match, so I don't know any other way to get it, but he/she uses that name.

I logged on at 4:30 CDT on July/26/2012 and they had been doin it all game. They have done it before, but i figured they get it out of their system. So today I made this compliant.

p0izon

Not the first time I've heard about Captain Me, but is the first time I've heard that i feed keys to geese was doing it.

This is not allowed and is usually handled with a warning/slay/kick/ban. If there is a time where you need an admin and there isn't one at your location you can use the !a prefix to send a global message to admins, which only you & they can see.

Callous Penguin

thanks p0izon. I forget about the option to use the global message, I'll try and use that next time. But yeah, on the second cap of dustbowl, I feed keys to geese would go to the second level of spawn and kill himself with a grenade so that the flag would fall into a crevice. He would then wait for the flag and do it again. On the third and last cap on dustbowl, Captain Me would shoot himself up to that second story window, the one that leads to the backdoor of red spawn and get in when red comes out and die in there on purpose making it hard to get the flag. Then he would wait for the flag to return and do that shit again. I told them that if they didn't want us capping, then they should join red and prevent us from capping, but all they did was laugh.

God

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I too have heard of, and personally witnessed, Captain Me doing this multiple times on multiple days. I've warned him and given him minor punishments. When threatened with a ban, his response is, "aFF loves me. I'll be unbanned in 30 seconds." It seems his theory may get tested...

As for keys, this is new to me. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Sorry if this has inconvenienced your play time on our servers =(

-God
Hello. I am here to try and cause trouble in any way possible, but I suck at it.. REALLY BAD. Please teach me the art of trolling HURR DURR

-samurai-

"Captain me" Is a good guy.. i never saw him abusing any rule, or hiding the blue flag on db lol
I saw "I feed keys to gees" hiding flag on db too 2 or 3 times. But there is many players
who do that. Becouse most of the other players "Who are better" always trying to cap the flag
very quickly and kinda ruin the dm on db.  :) :(

Callous Penguin

yeah well, captain me was hiding it yesterday as well as i feed keys to geese. captain me is just sneaky, he'll come around, i know the guy from other servers and he's banned from there cause of stupid shit like this. He starts off all, I go to church, tells people to behave or be nice but that dude is a fucking two face rat bastard, but either way, it's not allowed and people shouldn't condone that shit.

-samurai-

Well.. I will tell "Captain Me" to not hide the flag on db ..lol

aFF

I suppose I'll have to show him "how much I love him" by putting my foot up his ass....

I've slayed/kicked "Captain Me" before for flag holding/hiding.

If anyone wants to do something about people capping fast, they wouldn't stack teams (primarily offense).

Saleen219

cant recall the guys name but today I kicked a player on my team as he just would NOT cap the *&%$(*$ flag. so i kicked him.

I told him 2-3 times to cap the *&%#$ thing but he didnt do it - maybe didnt speak english but still. cap the (#$)$!_% flag.

TinMan

Actually hiding the flag at the opening of gates is good for Offense...In most cases.
Hard to get through the pit as spy with the flag there..
But after that .. Ya that's Uncool..
And I would kick anyone whom I saw doing it..

Saleen219

i told the players in a game today (i was spec) that flag holding could lead to a kick and or ban, and of course  i feed keys to geese had to come up with some smart ass comments. I felt like kicking him right then and there but i got busy since i was at work at the time.

I wont feel bad at all if someone banned him for this, short ban or perm. he needs to learn.

The entire point of the map is to cap the damn flag.

i feed keys to geese

Not sure why some noob brought my name in to a post here. I had to register just so I could post a reply. I am like candyman. I only come out when I need to. If admin wants me to repeatedly speed cap flag, just say so. I never DB it up and hide flag to irritate other players PERIOD. And for Callous Penguin, you should probably enter witness protection program. If I see u anywhere in any TFC server, its on. Better warm up an alias. And from now on, keep my name out your mouth.  ;D

Saleen219

geese:

Never mind the warning. You  and i had a little chat about flag holding and you had to come back with some stupid ass comments.

This isnt a warning, its a promise, if i catch you flag holding/hiding - im going to kick/ban you.

from my earlier post:

QuoteI wont feel bad at all if someone banned him for this, short ban or perm. he needs to learn.

The entire point of the map is to cap the damn flag.

As far as your stupid comments on the server when i was talking to you about it, learn some respect.

Saleen219

i feed keys to geese

Saleen, not sure if I know u or not but, be careful about banning players from tfc. I have seen servers come and go. Many of the servers go because they start banning players that dont deserve to be banned. I have seen dozens of servers die because of it. Just ask people about Saxton. I never do things on the server that would warrant a ban.

Saleen219

well being a smartass to an admin in server isnt a great start.

im not worried about evil going down, its been here a long time. and evil servers are the most popular so people will continue to come in.