News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

dont like the new update/upgrade/whatever

Started by Saleen219, August 12, 2013, 02:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saleen219

for one thing it totally screwed up my res. took me a while to fix it. some sounds, like when you run over ammo packs suck now. so far thats all i have. i didnt want to stick around

Master

thats what you get for opting int the beta, the game was fine back in 2001, why update?

EDIT: Did they even try fixing anything with this update, or was it just to try and fix what they broke with the last update?

Saleen219

Noteven sure wtf it was, i went to play and it said steam had to updste files with new stuff or whtever. Grrr

Master

Steam > Library > Team Fortress Classic > Properties > Updates > Do not automatically update files > BETAS > NONE - FUCK THAT BROKEN SHIT

GODFATHER_SOUR

I think it is just a bunch of bored programmers trying to justify their jobs.  I hate that! 
Being an admin is similar to being a babysitter, but without having to change the diapers!

Master

Quote from: GODFATHER_SOUR on August 12, 2013, 11:04:57 PM
I think it is just a bunch of bored programmers trying to justify their jobs.  I hate that! 

They make a very pretty penny, quite a bit more than you can get anywhere else for that field from what I've been told.

http://www.salarylist.com/company/Valve-Salary.htm

I am sure they control at least 75% of the PC gaming community, and from what I know, they are the only ones to go back and update their games after letting it sit stagnant for 10 years, while they should have left it how it is, I do thank them for not completely giving up on their games after so long.

Master

I didn't notice they pushed this update to the main channel, meaning this update is MANDATORY.

uncheck the enable HD models selection to fix some of the problems you have.

Saleen219

yeah that fixed the issues i hated. stupid sounds when you grabbed med/ammo paks for one. new look to nade, sheesh. wasnt broken in the first place lol

pig

Is this topic referring to the update where steam prompts you to "upgrade TFC to the newer more efficient platform" or whatever whenever you try to load the game?

Saleen219

The new efficient platform, didnt like the changes i could see or hear and it screwed up my screen res on both rigs as well.

Master

Quote from: pig on August 15, 2013, 01:53:07 PM
Is this topic referring to the update where steam prompts you to "upgrade TFC to the newer more efficient platform" or whatever whenever you try to load the game?

Thats what is called an 'update' read about it here

pig

Thanks guys, I havent been able to even get on any games for a good long time. So I have to rely on this forum for any TFC news.

I'm assuming i can avoid the update by keeping steam from auto updating TFC. Crossing my fingers i wont get affected.

Master

Quote from: pig on August 16, 2013, 01:25:01 AM
Thanks guys, I havent been able to even get on any games for a good long time. So I have to rely on this forum for any TFC news.

I'm assuming i can avoid the update by keeping steam from auto updating TFC. Crossing my fingers i wont get affected.
no, this is a mandatory update.

SpamDaddy!

They should be fixing exploits like nades and bhopping instead of forcing phantom bullshit on people. Just my 2 cents BUT at least they acknowledge we are still here...I guess....

Swede

For me it has been positive!  :)
I have easier to connect and more speed with wireless and I get my own steamid instead of random as I got before.
My game is much smoother. I dont like the sounds for ammobags.
So overall Im positive so far.