News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

my steam is screwed up

Started by Saleen219, July 16, 2013, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saleen219

not sure if related to a update i got recently, (today or yesterday) but now when i load steam to play - i get an error msg about several componets of steam not compatible with windows lol.

Now, ive been clicking thru the errors today and ive been able to play but, now the game locks up. wtf man!?!

anyone else having issues?

just re-install steam??

Master

can you provide any more info than just "it isnt working"? maybe what these errors say? what version of windows? x32 or x64? steam or steam games? have you searched for this error yet? how often do these problems occur?

Saleen219

yeah never wrote em down, win7 x64. just started today this issue. i am re-installing it.

sigh. at least i saved a copy of my binds :P

pain in the ass.

I swear it was from the update, but earlier today i went to load the game from the esclan.net home site, clickin on the BZ server link, got the blue screen of death. guess during that, some files got corrupted.

hard to type as i have a big bandage on my thumb lol

biggest problem is that im on a slow wireless connection that im leaching off of

Saleen219

FFS >:(

removed and re installed and it still doesnt work. i dont get those error msgs anymore but when i try to load the game it freezes up

look slike i might not be playing any more for a while. my new place has no internet so dunno

Saleen219

Master

when was the last time you ran an antivirus scan and with what software?  a bluescreen? why did it crash? it should say something about ERQL or some sort of dll, please report back with that information next time you can, it sounds like there is a problem with your windows install and not with steam.

Swede

I´ve had some issues with "Steam client botstrap" not working so I couldnt start up Steam. After the last upgrade it works again.