News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Team Balancing plugin sucks. A suggestion.

Started by BobRobster, November 22, 2013, 07:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobRobster

I've been playing on the [EVIL] servers for a while now and used to be registered on a forum until I left because I really didn't have much time for TFC anymore.

Well I guess I'm back and I have a beef with the team balancing plugin. I hope I don't need to tell anyone that Equal ≠ fair.

My idea was that since the [Evil] servers all use rank that it would be possible to fairly match teams against each other. My first idea would be this short pseudocode:

After about 1 minute and 30 seconds of Gameplay(Everyone had time to join the server) The server gets the list of all the players and their ranks. Then a sorting algorithm.

If this person has the highest rank of the people in the server (not necessarily the highest rank in the DB), give him a #1. Next highest gets a #2.

This happens until everyone's sorted. Even numbered people go on Blue team and odd numbered people go on Red.

Then the really hard part comes where we try to maintain the balance. There would have to be a check every 5 or so minutes to see if new people joined the server. As of right now, I have no idea what to do with this. If I get any ideas I might come back.

deadly

thank you for taking time to add your suggestion. I'm sure the correct person will see this and should respond. I, my self have no idea how to fix or try to create this plugin but I shore do like the idea.

schuffler

at the start of a map I kinda get it, but after the game has gone on awhile guys who have worked to get that teams score up or holds good defence gets switched to the other team and has to kinda start over again.   There is away to keep teams even automaticaly with out the !teams but not sure how that gets set up.

schuffler

Saleen219

not sure the rank thing would work. my 'rank' is high, but only cus ive been playing for *years*, doesnt mean im any good. just means ive played for a long time (at least in MY situation this is true, but might not be as true for others).

plus people are coming and going all the time so this might be hard to set up? if even possible

p0izon

I have always believed the !teams balance should switch players with the lowest connection time. Users who have spent more time connected tend to be angry when switched over after they put in work for a certain team. It just makes sense for new players to be switched for balancing.

p0izon

Quote from: Saleen219 on November 22, 2013, 02:00:39 PM
not sure the rank thing would work. my 'rank' is high, but only cus ive been playing for *years*, doesnt mean im any good. just means ive played for a long time (at least in MY situation this is true, but might not be as true for others).

plus people are coming and going all the time so this might be hard to set up? if even possible

I don't know how realistic a balance like this would work, but to solve for this problem, the plugin could sort based on weapon accuracy. Of course with a minimum of X amount of kills.

Master

this original proposed idea would be extremely hard to implement and keep balanced as the dirty mexicans like to switch to the winning team and will go to spectate first if the team balancer does not allow them

I will look into fixing the team balance plugin, however I do not know when I will get around to this.

Quote from: Master on November 22, 2013, 04:56:20 PM
this original proposed idea would be extremely hard to implement and keep balanced as the dirty mexicans like to switch to the winning team and will go to spectate first if the team balancer does not allow them

I will look into fixing the team balance plugin, however I do not know when I will get around to this.
I thought racism wasnt allowed?.....just a question.

klumy

Quote from: . on October 14, 2014, 06:03:35 PM
Quote from: Master on November 22, 2013, 04:56:20 PM

I thought racism wasnt allowed?.....just a question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKRQ_OqCCw

sanitariums

I rarely ever see the plug-in you're talking about, maybe about twice on counter-strike and I think I seen it once or twice on tfc

it's really comes down to playing respectable, these guys stacking teams for a higher stat I guess but the honorable thing to do is change to a losing team if everyone on your team has crazy ratio, you would think elite players would enjoy a challenge instead of a walk through the park tfc is intense to me and I hope it stays that way

Riouen

I just select the random team option when I join the server. I didn't even know we had a team balancing plugin. Is it possible to just make a team scramble plugin, where it just simply scrambles the teams. Personally, I think a scramble plugin would be more effective than the team balance plugin. However, having both would help too.

Swede

There is no "random team option" but a auto. And when playing with ya today u never used the "!teams" even though the teams where unbalanced at times. But your idea is good though very hard to implement.  ;)