News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Fun/Adventure Server

Started by tools, May 26, 2015, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanitariums

well one thing i've noticed with the fun server, especially a dude named "bart", and bare with me cause it pisses me off to the extent of beyond frustration, this guy acts completely new yet somehow manages to end up with key pieces of the map then holds onto it and or blocks people....now I dont mind a little bit of trolling for fun but when you hold up a map from being completed and on a regular basis thats what pisses me off.

also there are a few maps that crash no matter what, it would be hard to compile a list cause I would get confused on which crash and which don't, but imo the server notoriously randomly crashes at will even on maps that normally always work, so I guess it's just something you have to deal with....i'll definitely deal with all the crashes since fun map servers are very far and few between

sanitariums

Quote from: Shezari on June 09, 2015, 03:55:17 PM
Quote from: CondensationMan on June 08, 2015, 07:50:00 AM
ShoULDbEneW is correct in his observations about the fun/adventure server. Many insults and uncooperative play. The different languages can lead to some players not knowing what need to be done. But...Mecklenburg is a good map. And Shezari, if you want to play dustbowl,   evil has a server for that. Also, Shezari, you should take a lesson from ShouldBeNew on how to be helpful in game. ShouldBENew always tries to help.  You just insult.

I think you're kind of biased (and also ignoring a hell of a lot) here.  I said nothing about wanting to play dustbowl.  This is exactly my point.  Nobody listens.

i'm biased as fuck myself and i'm not worried about what an admin that i've never seen in an escape map has to say about escape map play, i've witness a non fun adventure admin slay me before they had no clue what was going on and still haven't seen them back there since.

with that said...

yall can give all the trolls that don't speak "english" excuses but that's all they are...excuses

there are a few people that speak both spanish and english...and they fully describe to these people whats going on and to stop...yet they still don't last year or even some months back you could chalk it up that these guys are new but now they fully 100% understand whats going on.

CondensationMan

Ok then.  But a question. Why do non-english speaking players seem to gravitate to the fun/adventure server, as opposed to the other servers?  Secong question: is there a place that will describe the escape maps and what to do? like a 'walk-through'?

sanitariums

Quote from: CondensationMan on June 11, 2015, 07:48:07 AM
Ok then.  But a question. Why do non-english speaking players seem to gravitate to the fun/adventure server, as opposed to the other servers?  Secong question: is there a place that will describe the escape maps and what to do? like a 'walk-through'?

nah bro they migrated to the evil servers in general

to my knowledge there isn't any tutorials for tfc maps but there might be, what I done was stayed relax set back..chilled and observed then I tried to do it myself over time I learned maps just by investing time in them...played mostly all of them about 5 or 6 times now..so even parts I can't do I'm still aware of it and will be able to do it eventually

p0izon

The thing you guys need to understand is the majority of these players are children. Some as young as 8/9 years old, so you can't really expect them to have the necessary patience to sit still while a turret is activated or even expect them to be able to excel at problem solving on escape maps.

I have done my best to prevent spawn camping on Mecklenburg and hope that the changes I made will make a bit of a difference in being able to spawn without worry. I will continue to look into crashes, but without map names or timestamps of crashes, it'll just be a shot in the dark on my part.

Shezari

You can still spawnkill in the hell exit, and they figured out that medics can still infect in the heaven exit...so...good job?

p0izon

Shezari, you're headed towards a ban, so I wouldn't worry too much about enhancements on our servers.

sanitariums

for the record, personally I don't think the server is too bad troll wise, I mean that's going to happen in every community time to time

Shezari

And while we're on the subject, teleporting on sports maps (like water polo where you can just warp to the ball instead of coming out of the spawn like a good little boy) is bad.

Shezari

Moreover, people need to stop blocking up escape maps to try and force a vote.  FREEKILL (SWAT), I'm looking at you.  There's no reason for you to be screwing with the block pillars on that one mario escape map instead of putting them on the lift two at a time and letting people move on to the next phase.

Shezari

Today I found out that the red team on skeeball can get into the blue respawn and prevent them from even getting into the launcher.

NiGHTS

Shezari, Who cares about that? eh?  cage