News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

exec autoexec and userconfig

Started by TwatWaffle, May 24, 2021, 05:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwatWaffle

A while back steam updated and I lost all of my configs, so I had to go find them in an old hard drive and reinstall them. Once I did that everything looked normal but I noticed none of my stuff was working and my keyboard was standard configuration. I typed "exec autoexec.cfg" and "exec userconfig.cfg" in console and everything was normal. I have tried several different ways of writing this directly into my configs and it just hangs up on load screen. The only way I have found that works is to manually type it into console once I enter the server and I have to retype it everytime I change class. If someone can help me figure out the issue I would appreciate the help. Thank you in advance.

Bishop

The autoexec.cfg runs every time you start tfc, so usually no need to call it.  The problem is likely with your config.cfg which keeps all your settings last used (including changes made via console) and is executed after your autoexec.cfg.

My best is gues is your config.cfg got set to read only (which will keep old settings and reinstate them).  If you fix that and exec your autoexec.cfg once, you'll probably be good to go. 

What doesn't make sense that you get a problem after changing class because afaik, the only cfg that runs when you change class is your <classname>.cfg (e.g. scout.cfg) assuming you have "setinfo ec 1"....so if the above doesn't help, you should check those for anything strange.  If you have setinfo em 1" then 'mapdefault.cfg' runs at the start of every map...could look there too.

If you're still stuck, message me and I'll try to help.

TwatWaffle

Just looked and it seems my entire tfc folder was changed to read only. I'll gi that a try and see if it helps. thank you